Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which Pony do you Relate to the Most?

SunriseGlimmer

I myself am a rather complicated individual. My exterior personality is much like Pinkie Pie's, except that I am very much an introvert. I am intelligent and mature, yet witty and immature at the same time. I have a beautiful heart and soul (as I am told), but I can only express my true feelings and beliefs through writing. My hobbies and interests greatly reflect Moondancer's. Personally, I say I am "in between" Pinkie Pie and Moondancer.

How about yourself? Which pony do you relate to the most, and why?

Note: Sunset Shimmer is an acceptable answer, despite the fact that she is currently living in the human world.

• Brohoof 2

Twilight and Sunset mostly. I've faced similar obstacles to them and can often understand their feelings. That's sort of why they're my favourites. xD

Edited by Cash In

Surprisingly, None of them, the character to which i relate the most isn't a pony at all, but rather a dragon: Spike. Much like Spike, i too am almost always the youngest member of my social groups(at least currently), i tend to feel underachieved and unreasonably anxious about what people think of me, while also fantasizing about one day achieving greatness. Plus i do have the bad habit of sucking up to people who i'm personally impressed by(i'll be the first one to admit that my praise towards artists like Hirohiko Araki and ONE are a rather excessive, but it's what keeps me motivated so i don't mind), and i've got a bit of a greedy streak. 

And i also love comic books.

Edited by GreenGreenWhirlWind

That's a pretty tough question. My immediate personality traits would say I relate the most with Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy; I tend to try making people laugh, like Pinkie, but I can also being shy and introvert like the latter. However, the truh is that I find things I relate to in all six of them, as well as things I admire and respect; I can be a total nerd and obsessed with unimportant particulars like Twilight, I can be a hot head Like Dash (not much a fan of sports though xD), I've an artist vein like Rarity, and Applejack I admire her working spirit and and undying loyalty to anyone she's close too (her family and friends). Heck, even Spike in his naivity and need o prove himself, Same for Starlight's I see a little of myself into. Same goes for Starlight's obliviousness or Trixie's ego. Or Discord glifulnes into seeing the comedic suffering of others...

Yeah, as you can see, I harldy have the will to choose a favourite, because I relate to almost them all :derp:

Originally, I related to Fluttershy as I was quite anxious and shy back when I first discovered the show. Nowadays, Starlight Glimmer is the one that hits home with me more than the rest, as I find parallels between me and Socially Anxious Magic Horse that are quite scarily mirrored back at me somewhat regularly.

• Brohoof 2

Friends like to call me "Floppyshy" just to upset me. But I think her calm personnality can reflect mine. I'm also more silent when in groups and I'm a year older than my friends. :sealed:

But I'm really anxious at times, with intellectual nerdy pride that can exasperate others. I also like books, astronomy and geography. There's a bit of Twilight Sparkle in me, also known as the book horse syndrome. :wacko:

• Brohoof 2

@The_Gobo ... you are multiplying now!

7pQDSrUMQlG3SkaLi0cIeA.png

xt1q5gfhRDuB4TmgIWJfoA.png

Oh boy!

I relate to a lot of the characters in various ways, but I probably see more of myself in Applejack than any other major character. It's probably more of a blend of three characters, as I have mentioned before elsewhere. When I have to choose just one, it is AJ due to her family focus, insane dedication to hard work, honesty, hint of pride, and home spun no-nonsense wisdom. She is my #2 character as well. 

7 minutes ago, Jeric said:

@The_Gobo ... you are multiplying now!

7pQDSrUMQlG3SkaLi0cIeA.png

xt1q5gfhRDuB4TmgIWJfoA.png

Oh boy!

I relate to a lot of the characters in various ways, but I probably see more of myself in Applejack than any other major character. It's probably more of a blend of three characters, as I have mentioned before elsewhere. When I have to choose just one, it is AJ due to her family focus, insane dedication to hard work, honesty, hint of pride, and home spun no-nonsense wisdom. She is my #2 character as well. 

Those are the same things I admire on her :wub:. People calls her a secondary character for not having much focus (which is really not that much true anymore in later seasons) and because of her lacks of life goals, like Rarity or Dash. But not all people needs great goals, some are just comptent with being helpful to the people they carenand seeing them happy. She's the ideal average man, which is really not a bad thing.

• Brohoof 2

For me, Moondancer is definitely the most relatable character. Preferring books to people, spending the school years immersed in studying instead of making friends, being a shut-in, suppressing emotions and wearing glasses - everything fits perfectly.

"We invited her out a few times after that. But she was always too busy studying. So, eventually, we just stopped asking." - and this is basically my life.

• Brohoof 1

Difficult. Each of the mane 6 have a personnality where I can be too.

Mostly Fluttershy and Twilight. I always try to be polite and kind for others. Also I like silence when I'm alone, or in the evening, like Luna and Fluttershy

A bit Pinkie Pie, because I want to have fun and talk a lot when I want too.

I can't feel when a joke goes too far or not, like Rainbow. This is also a thing I really don't like about myself.

A bit Apple Jack, because I try to be honest, but I twist many true stories with lies, so they become over the top.

And Rarity because I really don't like getting dirty. 

• Brohoof 1

for me it would be pinkie pie and fluttershy, more so fluttershy. im pretty shy irl, kind and love animals. but I love making jokes and making friends laugh like pinkie

I relate the most to Twilight Sparkle. That's a big reason why I adore her character so much. We share a similar personality and the same interests.

For the same reason, I can also relate to Moondancer. I started off as the shy kid who put school before socializing, and thus never had many friends. Then I finally began to break out of my shell and discover the joys of friendship. So I can relate well to how Twilight has grown and changed throughout the show. I'm still a nerdy introvert, but I'm no longer antisocial.

• Brohoof 2

Outside the Mane 6, Mine is Fluttershy's brother, Zephyr Breeze. He may be a jerk in the first 2/3s, but come the 3rd act and his relatable fear of failure come out. Seeing myself in his fear of failure and learning to push forward despite it was something I needed to see.

Thanks to this character, song, and episode, I was able to graduate from University. I'm celebrating my reward at Walt Disney World right now! :D

1 hour ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Outside the Mane 6, Mine is Fluttershy's brother, Zephyr Breeze. He may be a jerk in the first 2/3s, but come the 3rd act and his relatable fear of failure come out. Seeing myself in his fear of failure and learning to push forward despite it was something I needed to see.

Thanks to this character, song, and episode, I was able to graduate from University. I'm celebrating my reward at Walt Disney World right now! :D

Some might never admit it, but I do relate with Zephyr and his self-righteous millenial attitude xD (as well as his irritation of not being able to express himself). 

• Brohoof 2