Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you eat food if it wasn't necessary for our survival?

碇 シンジン

Would you eat food if it wasn't necessary for our survival?  

31 users have voted

1. 1. Would you eat food if it wasn't necessary for our survival?

• Yes
    • No

15 minutes ago, Tacodidra said:

I'm sure I would sometimes. :) Probably that wouldn't be the case if I had never had to eat, but I doubt I'd be able to entirely give up something so delicious!

Would be pretty interesting situation in regards of food industries, the price of the food and how it would affect the behaviour of the society in general in the long run. Would the society adopt a new way of living without eating? Would it be better or worse that way? Eating would become something like a luxury 

• Brohoof 2

I'd very likely keep eating. I think food is one of those little things that gives life a little bit of extra flavour. Food would still taste great and baking would still be just as fun, even if eating was no longer a necessity for survival.

• Brohoof 5

Would be nice, especially at work, if I didn't need to eat.  I wouldn't have to worry about feeling tired because I didn't eat enough before work but I'd definitely still eat when I remembered to.  I think it would kinda suck to skip out on it because it can taste so good sometimes!

• Brohoof 3

If this happened then food would be considered a recreational thing, like drinking alcohol. We would also have more wildlife and more plants and trees and less pollution, etc etc. 

I could go with not eating food, because I wouldn't know what eating food would even be like. Also, if this goes on for a long time, humans will slowly start getting smaller mouths and then in the next 100 000 years, we will have no mouths.

• Brohoof 2

Not completely but it would certainly make life easier during the work week. Regardless of what I eat (short of going full vegeterian or something) I seem to spend an unfortunate amount of time in the bathroom each day. Not having to eat anything would help with that.

• Brohoof 2

I don't eat much as it is, but when I do I usually enjoy it. I wouldn't exclude it as long as it serves a purpose and sustains a necessary part of living. Eating as a utility of life is one thing, but there's nothing wrong with taking some pleasure in it as well.

• Brohoof 2

Hmm, probably... it depends on how I feel. I can out eat most people my age, despite my size... but then again that means its not mandatory so I wouldn't have to go out of my way buying food, and stopping what I'm doing to eat. Though I would be more concerned about losing my job, since eating isn't required for survival, restaurants probably wouldn't need as many cooks.

• Brohoof 2

I would probably end up turning to food for comfort. :P

I could never abandon it completely. I would stick to it as long as I can afford it. I just might cut back quite a bit in order to help lose some of the weight that I have put on during college (assuming diet still contributes to that sort of thing).

• Brohoof 3

• 4 months later...

No. Food is merely a means to an end for me. :mlp_please: Perhaps I would make an exception here or there for special occasions, but outside of those, I would happily abandon eating.