Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your job?

Tuxedo Kamen!

I finished training as a CNA not long ago.. so trying to get into that... Unemployed ATM.

CNA = Certified Nursing Aide/Assistant 

for those who aren't aware.

before that.. production work, packaging, warehouse, rail road, aerial  lineman (Installing lines on telephone poles), underground lineman (same as aerial except down under ground in manholes/tunnels), food production, inspection, plane captain, Military food service, military supply... and... umm.. So many more.. dammit... to many jobs..

and most of this.. was from the past 6 years alone... recession may be going, but steady jobs are not coming...

@@WhiteGuardian

I wanna be a tree!

Edited by GrimCW
  • Brohoof 1

I'm an aspiring actor in the adult film industry.

That would put a whole new meaning to a "hard day".

There is another thread that asks this but since things have changed when I last answered I might as well update. I am still a dairy clerk/backup checker at a grocery store, but I have decided to step down and become a General Merchandise Clerk again because the level of stress has gotten so out of hand that I am convinced that if I don't do something I will either drop dead of a heart attack or end up comitting suicide. A General Merchandise Clerk stocks bread, beer, water, crackers, cookies, chips and all non food items, the advantage to doing this would be again less stress and would allow me to have a more flexible schedule so I can actually have a life for the first time in 6 years. I have been out of work due to a work related knee injury since December 1st, so I will start the process of stepping down once the doctor releases me back to work.

I don't plan on working in that god forsaken hell hole the rest of my life though, I am currenty writing a book about my experiences with Autism which I intend to publish and hopefully make a career out of but I also as a realist know I need something to fall back on as well. As for that something, it is going to be computers or I might become a personal trainer. I am no Feld0 but I have taught myself quite a bit about computers and have years of experience weight lifting and power lifting the only things are I suck at math and I really need to get rid of this gut I have. Both of which can be overcome though, I am way too stubborn to let things like that get in my way.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 1

I recently left a band I was performing with for 4 years because of creative differences, I wanted to open up our playing to different genres like funk and jazz, but my bandmates, who are still very good friends of mine, did not feel comfortable with anything past Metal, rock, and pop music.  My Friday night income is gone! But I sit in and get called to play small shows, like last Saturday I did a small set for a local comedy band.  I also work 4 days a week at a convenience store where I'm not legally paid, so I save on taxes, and I also do freelance work, like snow removal , drive friends and random people around for cash, fix computers, and boot cigarettes for teenagers (I won't do booze, that might kill somepony in the immediate future).  I'm also on social assistance, because why not, free money is free money.  All in all, I get by very comfortably.  Having two roomates helps.

Edited by Deesinn

I'm a full time world traveler/backpacker and have been for 6 months now. Will still be on the road a year from now. :P

'TRAVELER!' is actually what I write when a hostel asks for my occupation, haha.

Edited by K.K. Slider

i am a university student, on summer i work 2/3 months in a wine factory (i live in Italy)

during the year i work where i can.. electronic shops mainly, i fix cars and electroonic stuffs and televsion, i build/repair hifi and guitar vacuum tube amplifiers

I work a part-time job at a Frozen Yogert place. I wipe down tables and Im a casheir.

I usually work after school Monday-Thursday

Edited by Eureka

There is a catering place called Fraternal order of Eagles. You also be a "member" there by signing up and do drawings. There is a bar there, party rooms, and a big dining room. We have parties, weddings, bingos, nights at the bar, etc.

Well, every Thursday and Friday, I work Bingos. Whenever there is a party, I work a party. For bingo, I work the register, take people's orders, and deliver their food, and repeat. Parties, we cater, serve, set up, buss, a ton of work (I really hate parties, especially BIG parties that include 500 people). Parties pay A LOT. Bingo, i get paid a decent amount, a long with the tips I get for being generous.

I'm a Full-Time cart pusher at Wal-Mart. It sucks there. Especially since I live in Niagara Falls and we get a lot of annoying tourists. And winters are the worst.

• 1 year later...

I work at the home office of a hotel management company doing data entry stuff for them 3 days a week. The work isn't too hard but it sure does get boring. Good thing they allow me to use my headphones. Since I don't have to answer phones or really talk to anyone I can tune out everyone while I'm there.