• Bird
    • Snake
    • Iguana
    • Ferret
    • Pony
    • Stick Bug
    • Turtle
    • Some type of farm animal
    • Other (Please tell us about it in the comments)

Sure! I have two cats running around the house at the moment. At one point it was 4, and for a brief moment after one gave birth it was 9. :kindness: Had to give away most of those though. They make for great cuddly companions, not as much maintenance required as with dogs, and it's nice to have one curl up on your lap while relaxing and watching TV or the like. Overall, I think they're a fine pet to have around. :squee:

I've had 6-7 cats in my short life time + a few dogs... Pets just seem kinda there for me, as I can't feel any sort of emotional attachment to them anymore.

Congrats on getting yourself a decent pet, though 

Edited by adri

My two wonderful boys! Treben (Age 4), the 3 legged black cat, and Nekkhalen (Age 2), the Marbled Bengal/Manx. They make my life interesting and lively at home. :D

2n1rjhi.jpg

Edited by Treble Bolt

I thought I had a more recent image but I don't. Hmm. The pic below is in the spoiler, made in May or so.

I have one cat (Bill) and I love him! I used to have another cat (Persian cat, white) named Milli but she ran away, since she was getting old or something?

Picture of Bill:

bIN84hJ.jpg

I have a Persian daughter. Best.Cats.Ever. they are fluffy, lovely and the best friends you can imagine. She stays home (actually taking her out is a problem), they do need lots of love, food and care. Persians have an amazing personality (or catnality?), I would totally recommend a Persian cat <3

Currently 2 dogs and 8 cats,

Got a kitten after my male calico (that is not a typo!), Mikey, who I've had since I was born, died (at 25) the kitten turned out to be a girl, I thought it was a guy when I first got her. Her name is Fergie (changed from Ferguson)

I found 2 more kittens in my driveway, so I scooped them up and gave them a home. They are Noah and Olive. Then fergie, at this time almost 2, gave birth to 5 kittens. They will get new homes when they get to be old enough.

The dogs, an 8 year old Rottweiler/German Shepard mix named Joe, and a 4 year old great Dane named lucy

Edited by Looking Glass

One really not nice kitty, one pain in the flank kitty and two dogs. The first is grouchy and quite vocal and picky about the details of personal contact (as in when her tail starts going your hand best be not near her or you'll know it). The second is a big fat fluffy love bug, sometimes forcing to be held and attended rather than letting you do what you were when he approached. 

Major hint about cats; learn the signs. When a cat's tail tip twitches, back off. It means they are unhappy and if continued frustrating activity continues there may (WILL) be blood. Worth it though for those cute moments or the funny moments.

• Brohoof 1

When I was growing up, we had both cats and dogs.  Dogs are more openly friendly, but they HAVE to be around someone 24/7/365 or they go nuts.  Cats are a LOT easier to housebreak (although dealing w the litter box sucks).  Dogs are noisy.  Bark, bark, BARK! It's either a fly, the end of the world, or something else, but whatever it is, they're going to bark at it. They will be heard!  Death itself will not silence them!

Cats only yowl when they want to get laid (don't we all?)  I like them both, but if you live alone in an apartment, you made the right choice for a pet.  They are, by far, lower maintenance.

One weird detail.  Dogs will eat cat food, but most cats won't eat most dog foods.  You can't even starve them into it.

I had 3 cats at my mom's until my oldest one passed in April, sadly. But two cats here. 

At my dad's house we have 3 cats and two dogs. (I don't really like dogs all that much.. Way more of a cat person. >.>)

I have one cat who is a fat, purring hot water bottle. He's literally the sweetest, most mellow cat, and has such a passion for food we have to put him on a diet XD He's adorable, though, and loves nothing more than snuggling on your lap or on your bed. He literally headbutts and licks wherever he can reach, but he has a crippling fear of strangers and children - we got him from a shelter, so I'm not sure if his previous owners had something to do with this. Love him to bits though <3

• Brohoof 1