Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has Being a Brony Changed Your Life? How?

jacibobsthebrony

203 users have voted

1. 1. Has becoming a Brony changed your life?

• Yes
    • No

Becoming a brony myself really did a lot to change me.

I wasn't sure what to make of the fandom and the show when I first heard about it but ever since I saw them with my own eyes, they really helped me open up to others and to new possibilities. My parents and sister have mixed feelings me becoming a brony. On the one hand, they were glad for me to like something new and completely different and on the other, they (mostly my stuck-up dad) wanted me to let go of the child within me and grow up.

I don't care what they think because I know that there are some people who had others in their lives that felt the same way they did. Their opinions matter no more to me because as of the time I watched the entire show and fully delved myself into the fanbase, I'm a full-fledged brony. I'm slowly but surely becoming a new man from an anti-social loner that I once was.

It has for me quiet a bit before I watched the show my life was boring

there was always fighting never had any friends I was lost in the dark

But then I watched my little pony and it shined a light in the darkness

I found my way out of the darkness and became a brony which led me

to a more happer life It made me more soical and happy

Now I have friends and lighter days

That how It has changed my life

Thank goodness for the show and the others bronys and pegasister

tbh yes becoming a brony really did change my life. I'm starting to make new friends, it has helped me become more social, it also changed my outlook on the way I look at others if you know what I mean,  and yes I am definitely happier than I was before.  :)

Brony for life!!!!!!!! B)

Edited by Hero 194

I would say that being a brony has changed my life for the better, I mean.. I meat a lot of great people everywhere, and being a brony has probably made me a nicer person in general xD

Not even a tiny little bit!  It's definatly fun to watch, and makes you feel so damn happy it burns, but all in all, I'm still as happy as iv'e ever been.  As for telling friends and family, I get a lot of weird looks and disaproval, but I don't care, there is absolutly nothing wrong enjoying things you enjoy, I just remind myself that my opinion is more important, becuase it's my life after all.  That really eases the social pressure.  Love this show, and love the community! Bronies till the end Hahaha! B)

yup, MLP is one of the only things left that makes me find life tolerable. MLP:FIM and the comedy show "Jim and Them". Once both of them end then that last little light at the end of me very long tunnel will finally go out. Then i will be able to sleep.

Yes, it has! :D

I can't wait to get home every night from a long day at school and work to talk to the people on here, fanboy over Rarity, etc etc. :D

I've made so many great friends on here that I don't mind not going out on weekends anymore to stay and chat with them. I love getting to browse through the fan art (especially the Rarity pics :wub: ) and just hanging around here and deviantART :D it's made me happier to go out and just be part of this wonderful fandom :D

I dunno, man. I think becoming a Brony may be one of the best things to ever happen to me :D

Has Being a Brony Changed Your Life? How?

Not that I can think of. I know there are some people that get bullied for being so. (And I hate when I hear stuff like that.)

I was never bullied or mistreated others but by the time I became a Brony I could fit in anywhere around where I live.

My girlfriend was okay with it along with my friends and family. (Dad needed a little time to understand somethings) 

If anything my group of friends have increased do to the community over the web. But that's just me.

I've never tried hurting anyone, so I never really made an enemy of any kind the only "enemy's" (if you can call them that)

I made way before the show was even out. But we still hang out now an then do to the fact that we share mostly all the same friends.

I'm really sorry if you or anyone you may know have been bullied for what you like or look like.

But all I can do for anyone is lend a hand to help them out. 

And don't for get. That you, are awesome!!! 

• 4 weeks later...

Being a Brony has totally changed my life, the love and support I get from you guys and girls, it is just amazing! Sure, there's been times where I've had problems with other people (granted most of it was self inflicted) but we've always worked our ways past those i problems, and hopefully forgiven and forgotten. 

I have met so many wonderful people on here, I won't list them here, they know who they are and I don't want someone to feel left out if I accidentally forget to mention them, but there is one person, I WILL mention, and that is my wonderful, amazing, loving, kind, caring, understanding, supportive man, the man of my life and dreams @Commander Tangent

I love you Tangent! I always will!  :wub: 

I just cannot wait for these next two years to be up so that we can be together irl!

Edited by Raiden NightSong

Yes it have change my life. Before i watch the show, i was sad and waste my time for Pc games. And after seen the show i have to start training my muscles, find my talent for drawing and next i want to learn guitar. And all this will not happend, when i don´t have seen the show.

Thank you MLP and Lauren Faust.

sry for my english, i m from germany

Edited by Burny
  • Brohoof 1

I wouldn't have so many great friends if I wasn't a brony, so yes, it has changed my life. It has made me overall happier and more joyful, as well as it has made me a much more accepting person.

Plus I would have never met my wonderful mare,  Raiden NightSong . You are my best friend, and my special somepony, and I have to thank being a brony for meeting you. Wub ya. :wub:

• Brohoof 1

I now have a large amount of friends and I have a whole new look on life .I'm happy no longer a bully I have a whole new life its so cool

I now have a large amount of friends and I have a whole new look on life .I'm happy no longer a bully I have a whole new life its so cool

Being a brony has changed my life.  I don't know if for the better or worse.  It's made me much more secretive around my friends and family, but it's also made me happier as every time I see a mlp:fim show or come on to any mlp fan sites, like these forums or fan-fic or fan movies, it makes me so happy and joyful inside!  I feel I'm meant to be a brony!

• Brohoof 1

It has for the better!

It basically made me better at all the elements of harmony (not magic sadly)

It also gives me something to fall back on if i get angry, i can just watch ponies and lets the anger disappear.

ponies :wub: 

This is probably going to sound really cheesy, but MLP has changed the way I look at the world. I've always been a "people pleaser" and I've always been unnaturally nice to people, but MLP has helped me realize that I honestly feel that way toward people and not just because I feel like I should be nice to them. I don't know if that makes sense to anyone other than me, but meh. Also, I've become much less cynical about the world and while I was already very open minded and accepting, I've changed how quickly I am to judge people. 

Watching the show has changed my life a lot I recently started watching the show and at first I was like ill watch one episode so I can see why people love this show so much. When I saw the cliff hanger at the end of the first episode I was hooked I really loved the story of the show and the different personalities of these cute ponies. At the end of every episode it teaches you new things on freindship. I was very shocked that I was starting to get addicted to this show.

I first started watching the show on 1/31/14 and in the past I have ignored this show for like 4 years I think it first came out in 2010 back then I thought it was weird and stupid to be watching this show but once I started I was very surprised how good the show was. It makes me happy everytime I watch a new episode, in a way it makes mea better and happier person i dont really get depressed anymore after watching this show. There is just something about this show that just keeps me wanting to come back for more.

I love My Little Pony : Freindship is magic and I'm a brony now :)

I never thought in a million years that I would say that and be a fan of this show, its truly amazing

If any of my friends or family catch me watching this or find out that I love this show I'm going to shit my pants.

How I Got My Cutie-Mark. 

In many ways, I really felt like becoming a brony was this for me. Not only because I became a part of a fandom like this, but I discovered my "special talent." Many bronies have brought there prior skills and knowledge to the table, but I had nothing to show for my love of this show.

That didn't really bother me though, I just loved being a part of it! One day, I was reading the original Conversion Bureau by Blaze, and I was appalled at the amount of misanthropy the story was laden with.

"Now, there's nothing wrong with turning into a pony. You lose that 'human nature' that keeps you greedy and selfish, and you become more carefree and friendly."
— Twilight Sparkle

"Let [the humans] stay in that manure-hole they live in, and we'll just hang out with all of the cool new ponies comin' in!"
— Rainbow Dash

"Human bodies are icky and big and ugly and...and mean! Humans are mean!"
— Pinkie Pie

Yeah I rest my case. I felt almost betrayed. Here this fandom exemplified everything that was good in humanity and this guy comes along and uses our, equally flawed but endlessly laudable, heroes as strawmares! (He went on record saying that he just wanted to give his explanation as how Equestria came to be. I believe him, but I also believe he took his sweet time in reminding how much he thought we sucked.) I also felt cheated. The Conversion Bureau is a setting ripe with possibility! The magical land of Equestria interacting with the politics of a future Earth? The struggle of whether to ponify or not? The various factions that arise in both worlds? You could do a lot with it, but instead we get Twilight actually lecturing us on why we deserve to go extinct.

I felt so strongly about this that, for the first time . . . . I sat down and started to write. From there it became clear to me how much I loved doing it. It didn't feel like I was a painter, putting my idea onto a blank surface, but more like that of a sculptor. The story was already there, I was just chipping away at the surface to reveal what was already there. True inspiration! My peers and family complimented me, telling me I should be a writer. So why not? I love doing it and was apparently quite good at it.

Looking back on it was even funnier, I had barely gotten rid of any written pieces for classes and such over the years. I was always this way! I always relished it when the teacher said "make a story out of this." They gave me an inch and I took a light year! I was reminded of the CMC, where their true talents and passions are clearly apparent but for whatever reason, they haven't admitted it to themselves. I was blown away by that! I always thought, "they're kids. Of course they don't know themselves well enough or are embarrassed." I learned young adults can be just as (perhaps willfully) ignorant of their gifts as children.

This all culminated with my rekindled interest in the martial arts. To make a long story short, swords have always been a powerfully symbolic presence in my life. With all the ideas in my head for stories with swordsmen protagonists, I felt the only way to tell that in ways both familiar and new would be to learn to use one myself.

As I picked up the blade and began practicing my forms with a wooden practice weapon, that's when I felt like I had earned my cutie-mark. I had come up with the concept of it being a sword crossed with a pen a long time ago, but it originally was a stand in for the the samurai adage, "the pen and sword, in equal accord." I always liked that better than the pen being mightier than the sword. How one needs both to be spiritually whole. Now both the quote and my theoretical cutie-mark had become almost prophetically literal. I don't believe in coincidence.

So that's how I got my cutie-mark, and it's why I'll be a brony for life. I wouldn't be on the path that will make me my true self without it.

Edited by Steel Accord

Yes, it has motivated me to do a lot of things such as get my first job and made me in general just happier. I have a friend that got me into the show but shes doesn't watch past season 2 cause that's when Lauren Faust left and she thinks that season 3 and on just suck so there isn't really much to talk about the show with her.

Yes...I think, it really helps me. Of course I make bad experience too, but I think, my already bucking life is, thanks to MLP, not THAT bad. When I'm sad, it really helps me...also the community. And I am happy, too choice to come to the herd^^

The method of achieving the ultimate utopia is actually very simple: "Just be friends with each other."

I had similar thoughts before but MLP is what actually secured this thought.

Edited by Solid Scorpion