Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is wrong with you?

Coolius rpi

Allergies, OCD, depression, general anxiety disorder, anger problems, low confidence, overweight, and lazy.

I think I'm unattractive as well, though that may be caused by the depression.

Ehh perhaps not lazy. Sounds like the above things would make it really hard to be motivated. I struggle with motivation myself having Aspergers and such. It's like you have to be extremely interested in something, or it feels absolutely impossible to do it. It's hard, but I'm sure you could try to relate your strengths and interests to your problems, and use that as the reason to solve them so there's nothing holding you back. It's helped me quite a bit. I've had teachers occuse me of being lazy, when all I wanted was some help and a motive. You just have to force yourself to break the cycle honestly, but you'll feel so much better when you do. Good luck to you!

I have a bit of paranoia. I don't constantly think people are out to get me or anything, but I often feel as though I'm being watched, even in my own home (I sometimes think there might be cameras hidden in various rooms). When walking down the street, I can't help but think of all the ways somebody walking behind or to the side of me might attack me, and what I would do to defend myself. I look sideways at shop windows so I can see reflections of what's behind me, and I try to position myself relative to the sun or street lights so that things behind me will cast shadows towards me, so I can look down and see the shadow of somebody behind me. I'll sometimes wear headphones but not listen to anything so people might think I can't hear them when I can. I always try to sit in the back row, preferably in a corner, because I don't like people I don't know in my blind spot. I'll stand in the corner if the situation permits (but you can't really do that in class or theaters or anything )

Ick, I totally do this too.... My dad was really intrusive and nosy when I was a kid, and allllllways had to know my business, and would ask weird questions and interrogate me and stuff. Drove me crazy. I NEVER make eye contact with people either. and when I'm home I always have to make sure all the curtains are closed and doors are locked and such. But then I still feel like people are trying to watch me or listen or something

• Brohoof 1

Well, I'm a shy person and well I have a very bad temper sometimes. I also have a curved spinal cord, but my back is still fine. Not a serious matter but, I can live with it.

The biggest problems that I have are severe Aspergers Syndrome (This dramatically affects my life), hydrocephalus (with a shunt to go with it) and crippling anxiety issues. I also have nervous twitches, and tons of social problems. I also have a very child-like mind, but I do not see that as a problem. smile.png I also deal with a ton of self esteem issues and depression.

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 1

Anxiety disorder, gender identity disorder, in desperte need of good friends, I never go outside, low self esteem, I usually see this as something positive but I'm a very weird person (very weird), I'm not capble of making decisions on my own and, well there are probably a lot of more things.

I'm bow-legged, and I've been made fun of for it. Whenever I would run laps in gym class, good old teach would say "Here she comes with that bow-legged stride!" Ugh, I wanted to tell him off, as that's pretty embarrassing to say in front of other students. But then I realize, there are so many worse conditions that I could've been dealt, and I'm just grateful that I don't have a lot of the issues other members here have. I feel bad for some of you to the point where I just wanna hug you all. :P

Ahem. That said, I am pretty shy and my self-esteem could be a tad better. I've never been the popular kid in class, and I have a lot of strange ways and ideas. I haven't had a real friend since I was a child, and it's probably because of my ways.

• Brohoof 1

I don't see anything 'wrong' with me. 

But I do have multiple problems, those of which have made me a strong person.

I have depression (runs in the family), OCD, Bipolar disorder, I'm lesbian (can be considered 'wrong' or 'unjust' by other religions, so I'm putting it in here), I'm rude a lot, and I have anxiety attacks a lot. 

But none of this is 'wrong' as you've so boldly put it. This is what makes us who we are, and that isn't wrong at all. 

And by the way, to any of you who feel as if you are ugly or stupid or think you are completely wrong, you're all beautiful, I'm sure, and you belong on this earth for a purpose which just hasn't shown itself yet. <3

• Brohoof 2

I am very introverted and shy and I have that tendency to freak out or flee at social gatherings. I also can't speak to anyone other than my family without stumbling my own words and can't look one in the eyes while doing so. I think I have OCD as well, but I don't understand how it differs apart from being an organized person.

I'm just me, always have been always will be.  Maybe I learn slower than some or have some kind of disadvantage that other people don't have, but it's nothing that I can't make up for with enough effort.  At least that's what I like to think since I haven't actually died putting all my effort into trying.  Yet.

• 3 weeks later...

I've suffered from depression (and am possibly bipolar) ever since I can remember, courtesy of the emotional abuse of my parents and everyone around me belittling me as a child. I can also be very socially awkward sometimes and am painfully shy at other times. I'm far too nice for my own good and just let others push me around. I know things will be different when my baby's born though. One time when I was fourteen I had to deal with two nasty girls gossiping and making fun of me and my dad just stood there and listened to them. He didn't even seem fazed at the fact that these girls were talking crap about his daughter. He just turned to me and said, "You know those girls are talking about you, right?" Ugh! If someone ever does that to my child, or my stepchild, they'll regret it. I guess I've also got some anger issues as well. I'm the type of person who just bottles up their anger and explodes when things become too much.

• 1 year later...

Now to say what's wrong with me, well I'm fairly happy the way I am, so I'd say nothing. If I was different, I probably wouldn't be a brony, or anything even similar to who I am today. Though to rephrase the question to what is different about me, that would get you a completely different answer. 

I stutter, though, in the words of my speech therapist, we all stutter occasionally. And, even with my more advanced speech issues, I still function as normally as one could expect. I've done plays and competed in science fair orations. 

All, I really want to say here is that even though we all have our own issues, we also have our gifts. To let one's disabilities outmatch one's strengths, is to lose a battle to yourself. Never let that happen.

--Cartographer

In this topic we will post what is wrong with us. I have OCD, Tourrettes, Scoliosis, Avoidant Personality Disorder, and severe autism. DO you have anything wrong with your body or mind? :mellow:

Yes, I do. I have depression, OCD, Autism, Aspergers, Misanthropy, and I can't say the last one.

• Brohoof 1

I have no particular talents, no skills, generally clumsy, awkward, and downright lazy. I have no life dreams, career dreams, or any ambition to push myself towards a future career. I am poor and cannot afford college without economically crippling myself. And I don't like the military. This all leads me towards a no future type scenario where I'll die as a homeless man on the streets or something. I'm also a bit of a pessimist, if you didn't catch that.

Awww. I feel your pain, bro.

• Brohoof 1

Really badly visually impaired. Like, I can barely see anything without my glasses on.

Also have a numb patch on my knee from where a metal gate was slammed onto it like three years ago. Haven't seen a doctor about it but whatever.

I struggle with panic disorder, chronic depression, Seasonal Affective Disorder, and chronic insomnia.

Well my issue is that i am cleary insane. :maud:

But ask yourself this: What is "insane"? Is it opposite of "sane"? If so what is "sane"? Is it "normal"? But whats "normal"? Is it "consistency"? If so what is "consistency"? Is it "unchanging"? If so what is "unchanging"? Is it "stagnation"? If so what is the opposite of "stagnation"?....  :maud:

Evolution

post-27460-0-36858500-1407823641.gif

• Brohoof 2

I think using "wrong" as a word to describe one's illnesses is a little bit insulting. Having an illness, a disorder or whatnot doesn't really make you bad, it just causes a few delays on whatever you have. -3-

But to answer your question, the only disorder I have is high-functioning autism. As much as I'm not proud to have it, I'm honestly not ashamed to have it either. -3-

• Brohoof 1

Well, I have ADHD, Tourettes (Physical Ticks), Slow Processing Speeds, and Little Working Memory (All of these warranted I being given an individualized Education Plan while I was in High School and now Special Needs accommodations for me while I'm at University.) These also hinder my social skills making it very difficult for me to socialize with people outside of my close circle of friends and my family. They've also negatively impacted my academics by making it very difficult (and physically uncomfortable) for me to do any kind of mathematics above basic Algebra.

I'm also overweight (320 lbs. to be more precise) due to a medical condition I developed while I was a young child that caused me to gain a lot of weight over a short period of time. None of the doctors I've been to have been able to find out what is causing this. My current doctor said that I should weight 180 lbs. because of the Body Mass Index.

I also have very bad eyesight that forces me to wear rather powerful glasses (I will never do contacts!)

I'm also easily frightened, I have problems with being in the house by myself at night time without having all the lights and TVs going to produce some kind of noise and light because I'm worried that something will come out of the darkness and try to kill me.

I've also got anger issues and have a really short temper. I'm also quite introverted and afraid of meeting new people and making new friends.

I know that a lot of people have it a lot worse off than I do when it comes to Mental / Physical Health. That's why, despite my problems, I approach life with a mostly positive outlook, I guess that makes a "Glass Half Full" kind of guy huh? :P

Either way, not to sound rude, I don't want or need people's sympathy. I'm a strong guy and I know it.

Edited by SomeMaineBrony
  • Brohoof 2

I try to be as nice as possible and I'm very understanding, but I am quick to anger tho I wish I wasn't but sometimes I just can't control myself. I am working on it tho I am currently going through anger theropy and hopefully it really helps. :P