Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Most Beautiful Pony

Rarietty

I've always loved Fluttershy's mane. It's beautiful IMHO. I don't blame that troll in issue 2 for the comics for wanting to run his fingers through it. Ok, it's not the shimmering beauty that is the mane of Princess Celestia or Princess Luna, but it's a beautiful strawberry colour that looks great in contrast to her yellow fur, so Fluttershy's my pick.

• Brohoof 1

It's really hard to choose. For me, it's between Rarity, Luna, Coco, Octavia, and the Spa ponies.

Heck...either Octavia or the Spa twins...darn it, hate choosing...

tumblr_mus46lzIm71s1507ho1_400.gif

axmsye.gif

tumblr_mus46lzIm71s1507ho1_400.gif

• Brohoof 1

Among the mane6, Rarity has more beauty because she works hard on it, but Flutty's beauty is more like nature errmm..... mare

Among other characters, Cely has elegance and beauty of an older and wise princess, Luna is darker, and Cadance has more youth on her compared to the sisters. but a secondary character who's not a princess (in that universe at least XD) would be THE GREAT, AND POWERFUL, TRIXIE

My OC of course, even though he's a goat. And there's no drawing of him (yet), he's still fabulous.

In all seriousness, I'd go with Rarity, Cadence, Luna, and Dashie.

Edited by A goat
  • Brohoof 2

Oh I thought this was a canonical discussion, which de facto means Rarity v fluttershy.

I think Rarity looks better with long hair over her curled mane thingy.

Like in her EQG design.

I think cadence looks good

Edited by Whatevs

Fluttershy:  I'm not a person for happy or bright colors but some the yellow and light pink works on Shy like a glove

meaning to fit!  Her long hair, the soft colors of the fur and mane just play well together and the natural grace she has

is just a good layout!

Luna:  Yes she has the flowing hair but it sparkles and shines like soft stars in the night,   her dark colors just

flow in what she is and who she is and I love her more solid built than compared to her slender sister!

My Number 1,as always   :blush: , Is Fluttershy. She's the most beautiful pony. From her lusciously long, flowing pink mane and tail, to her yellow coat and teal eyes. Everything about her, is beautiful. Right down to her voice. Not to mention those magnificent wings. ;)

post-16340-0-18721300-1409608763_thumb.jpeg

As for a second, well,I'm not totally sure. There's a difference between "sexy" and "beautiful"  Eh, screw it. Applejack and Cadance are beautiful as well, can't deny it.

post-16340-0-00485000-1409609335_thumb.jpeg

post-16340-0-39025900-1409609344_thumb.png

post-16340-0-18721300-1409608763_thumb.jpeg

post-16340-0-00485000-1409609335_thumb.jpeg

post-16340-0-39025900-1409609344_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash.  Vibrant rainbow-colored mane and matching tail; both pleasingly wild and spiky.  Soothing blue of her coat that evokes an untroubled sky on a lovely day.  Similarly blue feathered wings that are birdlike or angelical in nature.  Ripe cherries in her eyes with cute little lashes poking out from their corners.  She is the sky - and a prismatic, meteoric bullet across it.  She is color.

post-26550-0-91343900-1409612232_thumb.png

Edited by PegaMister
  • Brohoof 6

I fanboy over Rarity :D

What's not to love about her sapphire eyes that turn you to mush? :P

And her voice? I am swooned by that voice every time i hear it :)

Her color scheme of white and regal purple looks incredible too! I may or may not use it for armor colors in halo :P

• Brohoof 1

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I am going to have to pick 2 for this... FlutterShy & Luna, big time... Should I explain? *Everyone silently begs me not to* Ok then! Explanation time! *Groans of agony*

FlutterShy;

Physically;

FlutterShy has a very soft beauty, as I like to say... She is not very show-offy with it, it doesn't require a lot of attention, & it is something that could easily go under appreciated due to her attempts to hide it... But that doesn't make it go away, only increases it! Like I said, she has a very soft beauty. Her coat is very lovely, a beautiful buttery color that looks incredibly soft to the touch, something that looks like it would be perfect for cuddling to sleep. Her mane is long & flowing, extremely pretty when moving as she flies. It's light pink color is perfect combo with her coat, & is the absolute perfect style for her. When she hides behind it, peeking a single eye out, your heart will explode with "D'aws". Her eyes are bright & beautiful, a beautiful sea-green color (or at least they look sea-grean to me, others might argue).When they light up they just shine on brighter than anything (see Filli Vanilli for a perfect example, it also contains an adorable pout face within the same scene, where Big Mac is deciding on letting her continue singing). All of this combines to make a gorgeous pony...

post-27099-0-28892800-1409711061_thumb.jpg

Non-Physically;

I see a lot of people saying that Flutters' personality isn't the strongest... However I would argue it holds much more depth than people give it credit for. A good quote for her is;

“It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare.” 
― Mark Twain

Think about it for a minute... FlutterShy has always been considered weak & a pushover by many. She is afraid of many things, & a lot of people have tried to tell her she needs to stop being a pushover. Once or twice, she has dug in her heels (hooves) & said no. But for the most part, she has stuck to her guns. She fought hard against turning her stare on the bats, she refused to let her friends be bullied by the dragon, she has not once changed who she is for more than a little while just because someone said for her to "Stand up." She has done it, on occasion. She decided to try Iron Will's tests, she did use her stare on the bats (but only after her entire group of friends turned on her, which let's face it, as an introvert the most important thing to her are her friends, & she most likely feared losing them over kicking the bats out), & she did get the Breezies to move on. But the fact of the matter is, is that she has never once become something other than her shy, kind self for more than a temporary period of time. She is proud of who she is, & who she is is a kind, caring pony who puts others above herself, & the ability to do that is true courage imo

post-27099-0-66128600-1409711672.png

Luna;

Physically;

Luna has a more opposite side of beauty to FlutterShy. Her beauty is a much sleeker, smoother design. Her body is longer & more like a fast car of sorts, with a very beautiful physique. Her colors are gorgeous. No one can call me a racist, for dark blues, blacks, & dark purples all are beautiful in my eyes, & the Princess of the Night has 2 of those (with some very pretty purple nights). Going with the sleek ideal, her colors & design have a look reminiscent of some sort of stealth fighter jet or black racing car designed to be stupidly fast. Her mane is gorgeous, the translucent blue & star-like pinpoints are just gorgeous to see in their constant motion (how DOES that work anyways?), & it seriously feels like looking into the night sky. Hell the only thing that rivals that is the eyes. I should be a diamond dog, because I ADORE gems, & Luna has sapphire eyes to rival the best of the baby blues in people nowadays.

post-27099-0-39953100-1409712312_thumb.jpg

Non-Physically;

Well FlutterShy got a quote, might as well give Luna one as well;

“The loneliest moment in someone’s life is when they are watching their whole world fall apart, and all they can do is stare blankly.” 
― F. Scott FitzgeraldThe Great Gatsby

Luna... Well, she screwed up. Quite big... She let herself drown in a sea of darkness, to the point she nearly covered the world in eternal night, which would have starved the world under darkness... Yeah, not the happiest of ways to go, right? However... Think back to why; Luna was hidden within the shadow of her sister, Celestia. She controlled the night which, while incredibly beautiful, was not nearly as appreciated as Celestia's day. Now was it unfounded for Celestia's day to be more appreciated? Well... Not really; It provided the sun, & the sun gave light, energy to grow crops, it was what most ponies were around for... So yeah, it isn't too surprising to see it get more love. However, does that make Luna any less right for being sad/jealous? No, not really... All she wanted was a bit of love, & instead she became more & more rejected, until she was pushed out & away. This led to her being rejected by everyone, including her sister... For a thousand years, she was trapped on the moon, & for a thousand years she sat & grew angrier, & angrier... Yet even after all that, she came back & tried to be loved again, this time in a much kinder way. She even went to the mane 6 (or at least part of it, AJ, FlutterShy, & Twilight, since Pinkie was running around in fear, Rarity was not in that episode, & RD was being a prankster) for help. What kind of humility must someone need to do that? To not only admit they are wrong, but to continue trying to find a way for people to care about her? That right there is a beautiful example of perseverance, as beautiful as the Princess herself. Let's also not forget she is incredibly strong morally, as she has never really had the intent to harm like Tirek did. She just wanted to be loved, & truthfully who doesn't? Who doesn't want to be accepted & have someone who cares? To say someone doesn't... Well, that's just a bold-faced lie, plain & simple. Lastly... I have always felt she had a very protective nature. She seems to always want to keep others safe, since the times the writers DO remember to include her whenever shit's going down she is the one trying to get out there to do something (the Crystal Empire stuff with King Sombra being the best example).

post-27099-0-56297700-1409714430_thumb.png

Phew, that was a lot... I think I fanboy'd enough there...

Did I just make a hug post about why I found 2 ponies pretty? Hell yeah!

*What I am pretending to feel like*

post-27099-0-33404400-1409718137.gif

*What I really feel like*

post-27099-0-53017600-1409718158.gif

Edited by KokuraiNoSenshi
  • Brohoof 3

Discounting all of the princesses (besides Twilight), Rarity seems to fit the bill with that one. For me, she wears some pretty magnificent clothes and such to bring out her beauty, I don't see many others doing that. Many other ponies sure are "cute" and that, but as for beauty, Rarity has it 1st place.

Rarity and Fluttershy, color-wise and thanks to their hair-styles, they look prettier than the rest.

Outside of the mane 6, the princesses Luna and Celestia. Hair-style.

Background ponies, Octavia, Derpy and Vinyl. Overall better designs than the rest.

Villains, Nightmare Moon. A much prettier and awesomer Luna.

Edited by Darker

Colours are so important when it comes a character designs beauty. For me over the top and garish colour pallets can kill it and make a pony simply look playful, appealing or cute instead.

There are lots of ponies with lovely body shapes, faces and hair styles who aren't quite "beautiful" in my books thanks to their bright and childish fur and manes- Fluttershy and Cadance are a good example of this.

As for your questions! I think Rarity, Octavia, Luna and Fleur de lis are the most beautifully designed ponies, they just tick all of the boxes for me, since my personally idea of beauty is elegance, maturity, class and femininity.

Edited by Flytee
  • Brohoof 2