Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things You Dislike About the MLP Fandom

Xievie

The fucking hate mail I get for being such a Rarity fan. It happens every other week almost. I don't even read PMs from people I don't know all too well anymore.

It's usually just "Rarity sucks" and "Rarity is worst pony" stuff, but one dude sent me snuff pics and Hitler Rarity.

I barely even use the PM system because of it -_-

It's crazy, and it's usually brought on because of my Rarity fanboying. It's happened with a couple fans who share a similar best pony, too.

You'd think I was an axe murderer with the PMs some people have sent me in the past. It's only happened 6 or 7 times, with 2 or 3 people, bit it's so annoying and hurtful. Just thought I'd clear that up

Think of the people who are getting under your skin as Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. Also, use the forum's ignore feature whenever someone sends you a PM like that. It is beautiful when you can just block certain horrible people from contacting you.

The amount of hate that Rarity gets is a bit irksome, I agree. The hate mostly comes from people who let their first impressions of a character define their opinion on them and they refuse to let that opinion go or let other interactions with the character see her in a different light. I know that my opinion of Rarity evolved from when I first saw her until I decided that she was my favorite. Lesson Zero sealed the deal for me. My opinions on each of the mane 6 continue to evolve as I see more of their character. It is part of the reason why I keep watching the show.

So don't let those neigh-sayers get you down. Ignore them and move on. :)

• Brohoof 1

The fucking hate mail I get for being such a Rarity fan. It happens every other week almost. I don't even read PMs from people I don't know all too well anymore.

It's usually just "Rarity sucks" and "Rarity is worst pony" stuff, but one dude sent me snuff pics and Hitler Rarity.

I barely even use the PM system because of it -_-

It's crazy, and it's usually brought on because of my Rarity fanboying. It's happened with a couple fans who share a similar best pony, too.

You'd think I was an axe murderer with the PMs some people have sent me in the past. It's only happened 6 or 7 times, with 2 or 3 people, bit it's so annoying and hurtful. Just thought I'd clear that up

This.

Jesus fucking Christ, deviantART is a hell hole. (I get these messages on dA)

Anyway, I might post some more.

- I extremely hate the people that think they're better than you just because their favourite pony is "better" than yours.

- Hypocrites.

- How people act as if Rainbow Dash or Derpy are the face of the show.

- People act is if they have a connection to their favourite pony.

While it's fine to relate to a character, acting like you have a spiritual connection, and that you two were bound to be together is quite annoying. Especially when they go off when you say something bad about their favourite pony/waifu.

• Brohoof 2

Think of the people who are getting under your skin as Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. Also, use the forum's ignore feature whenever someone sends you a PM like that. It is beautiful when you can just block certain horrible people from contacting you.

The amount of hate that Rarity gets is a bit irksome, I agree. The hate mostly comes from people who let their first impressions of a character define their opinion on them and they refuse to let that opinion go or let other interactions with the character see her in a different light. I know that my opinion of Rarity evolved from when I first saw her until I decided that she was my favorite. Lesson Zero sealed the deal for me. My opinions on each of the mane 6 continue to evolve as I see more of their character. It is part of the reason why I keep watching the show.

So don't let those neigh-sayers get you down. Ignore them and move on. :)

Saddest, yet funniest, thing is to me, I'd say around 75% of it came from fans of a pony with similar flaws.

I do usually ignore them, though :D I just delete the message or don't read it at all :P Thanks for the advice! :D It was rather useful :D

• Brohoof 1

One of the things I do dislike is when Bronies get into flame wars with other fandoms. This makes the haters hate us more.

One major good reason why I do not the fandom at times... Whenever one my friends said he hated bronies I said you know what man you are right. Not all bronies are like that though. 

I dislike bronies who are out to seek unwanted attention from others to get their reaction... I mean why would you do that??

Well. My top spot would probably be when people bring it up in the most pointless times, and then get launched into a whole speech of acceptance when told to shut the fuck up. For example:

Random guy 1: Wow, 'Eyeless' by Slipknot is a great song!

Random guy 2: Yeah, Slipknot is the best!

Random Brony: Yeah, it's good, but does anyone here watch MLP? Wow, last night's episode was amazing!

Moderator: ...How is that related to Slipknot? You shouldn't be trying to change the subject...

Random Brony: Why can't you just fucking accept us for who we are? Fuck you all, you narrow-minded discriminatory assholes!

Random Brony has disconnected.

For god's sake, we are teens and older men watching a little girl's show! Of course we are going to get hated! Just man up and deal with it!

• Brohoof 2

I really hate it whenever a non-fan/non-brony/hater/outsider/whatever-you-call-them will criticize bronies (or even just flat out troll), and then some brony'll show up going all "B-B-BUH NAGHT ALL OF US R LEIK THAAAAAT!!!" WOW NO SHIT. Why do you do this? Not everything is about you.

That kind of generalization is just used mainly to help get a point across.So instead of helping the fandom's piss poor reputation by doing this, you're just showing people what a coward bronies can be when it comes to criticism/trolling.

Rarely anyone ever truly believes all bronies are whatever they say, and even if they do really think that, who cares? Just leave them and their ignorance be, because you're really not helping when you do otherwise.

Edited by RippedOffMattress

Probably ponyfags (asmuch as i hate using the term "fag"), sonce they are the die hard, borderline insane ones. I dont mind cloppers at all. Ive liked different things, so who am i to judge? I my self ship FlutterDash

• Brohoof 1

The thing I have against the fandom is the brony/pegasisters that are always throwing the fandom I everyones face. Its okay to fangirl out sometimes but dont make it seem like mlp is the greatest show ever made ever .. I hate this in any fandom really.  

The posers, hipsters, and phonies who feel more like they're pretending to like the show more than they actually do

The elitists who cram the show down other people's throats

Grimdark AND Rule 34 stuff makers. I swear they're out to make us all look bad as well as troll us

And I'm gonna in trouble for this next one, but....

The people who put backgrounders on a golden pedestal and try to make major characters out of friggin' extras :eww:  

I don’t really hate anything about the fandom really, but I do hate it when bronys troll on places like YouTube and say dumb and mean stuff about the old pre Gen 4 My Little Pony videos, especially generation 3.

And no I don’t think G3 was great: but it’s just the immaturity of all the comments: not one comment can say anything mature or constructive or positive what so ever from 95% of the bronys I’ve seen who leave comments on them.

Seriously just search up any MLP G3 video: you don’t need to watch it just read what bronys say and see how repetitive and stupid the comments are: even as simple as “g4 is better than this crap” really annoys me.

Having said that I am aware that not every brony or MLP fan etc does this it’s just the ones that do who really grrrrr!!!

Rant over

I did already do a topic on this , and apologise if I already commented about this previously on this thread….. I have a feeling I might possibly have done but I don’t really remember.

Edited by Asherdangerdash

I Think that Applejack's Parents died because they were inbred. Applejack's Mother and Father were actually Brother and Sister and the same for their parents, and they got a massive disease from inbreeding and died. And therefore, Granny smith is actually Great auntie smith!!! Think about it, the stereotypical ''Large Hillbilly Family''.

When people say stuff like this.

I honestly love analyzing the show, but things like this give us a bad name, it seems, amongst the community.

Oh, and people who diss Cloppers.

Clopping is where it's at, yo. 

62964_safe_rarity_source-needed_artist-n

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 3

- calling Applejack a “background pony” when she's clearly a main character

- popular out-of-character portrayals (Celestia is clearly not a cruel tyrant who routinely sends her subjects to The Moon, Fluttershy doesn't even have a shed)

- overreactions to Twilight becoming an alicorn

- "Remember, it is a kid's show." Lauren Faust intended it to be for all ages, dammit

- "Flash Sentry stole my waifu." Twilight was nopony's waifu to begin with. We all had our first teenage crush on someone who, in retrospect, was a boring airhead whom we ultimately deserved better than

Edited by JonPear
  • Brohoof 1

I love the MLP fandom, but it has a serious victim complex.

Some people don't like the show, and that's okay.

Some people who do like the show might not like your favorite character. That's okay, too.

Some casual fans of the show might not be comfortable in the more intense sects of the fandom, and that is also okay.

I feel that a big chunk of this fanbase is way too defensive about what they like, and - rather than simply enjoy their hobby - have a compulsion to shame so-called "haters" for not sharing the same tastes that they do. Like, even the people who do specifically tease fans of the show are usually just doing it to get a rise out of you; By flipping out, you're giving them what they want.

The MLP fandom isn't some persecuted minority; It's a bunch of people that like a (pretty awesome, in my opinion) cartoon, and nothing more. It should be a fun thing, not a super-serious, dramatic "us and them" conflict. For those of you who already feel this way, I'm not addressing you when I say this, but to the fans that are frequently on the defensive; Lighten up, okay? Enjoy your hobby, and stop allowing yourself to be angered over something as inconsequential as other people panning something you like.

Edited by Dr. Mechano

Out of all the people on the planet, someone is going to obviously want Luna's BOUNTIFUL-

I've became used to grimdarks, gore, and even "clop."

But, there's one thing I shall never cross.

over analysing fans.

Like if Twilight were to say "Hey, Whooves!" and then the fans would be like "REVERSE AND ZOOM IN AND ENCHANCE SLOW DOWN AUDIO TWILIGHT CONFIRMED AS PETER CALPALDI"

Edited by Dr. Zerkagon

Main Dislike: "How did XY react when you told him/her you're a brony" Seriously, it is a show, not a sexuality or something like that nor a dark secret so why making such a huge fuzz about it?

Aside from that some bronies seem to really be... let's say weird, certain YT videos just always amaze me in a negative way to say the least (and I'm not talking about the NSFW part, in fact I don't mind that, every fandom has that)

• Brohoof 1