Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things You Dislike About the MLP Fandom

Xievie

White Knight (anti cloppers/gore/grimdark) and the fact that Bronies are too damn defensive. "I don't like mlp..." "GUH SO MANY HATERS ZOMG LIKE WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!"

• Brohoof 2

Things I dislike about this fandom are things I dislike about any fandom, though the ones I'll list are particularly dominant among bronies 

Rampant homophobia: I'm not just talking about anti shipping, I'm talking about this need to say "LOOK AT US WE ARE STRAIGHT and NORMAL, we aren't GAY!" All that is doing is feeding the troll and singling out the actual gay bronies cause they "aren't normal" apparently. 

Walking Troll bait: I cannot go to a popular brony youtube video without a hate comment getting spammed with dozens if not hundreds of messages. Again people, you are feeding the trolls, trolls get more interested in trolling, they troll more, you respond more, and the vicious cycle continues. 

Anti shipper: Chill the buck out and let people have their fun. 

The degree to which people seem to just go on and on about the stupid grimdark stuff.

"Oh my god, I just read this fanfic story where Pinkie Pie kills Rainbow Dash and makes her into cupcakes. I'm never going to be able to look at Pinkie Pie the same way ever again!"

Ugh.

At the end of the season four finale.....

Bronies: "OH MY GOD THEY BLEW UP TWILIGHTS LIBRARY! RAINBOW POWER FORMS ARE HIDEOUS! TWILIGHTS CASTLE IS THE WORST THING EVER!"

Several months later,

Bronies: "We're cool with this"

There is just too much drama over the small things sometimes.

Edited by Princess-Sunbutt
  • Brohoof 4

At the end of the season four finale.....

Bronies: "OH MY GOD THEY BLEW UP TWILIGHTS LIBRARY! RAINBOW POWER FORMS ARE HIDEOUS! TWILIGHTS CASTLE IS THE WORST THING EVER!"

Several months later,

Bronies: "We're cool with this"

There is just too much drama over the small things sometimes.

Oh trust me, they freak out whenever there's something that even suggests the status quo might change and deem the show ruined.

I dislike the bronies who are very...aggressive, about being a brony. Or, in the very least, those who would purposely go out and make an irrelevant comment about ponies. While there are many who dislike bronies due to lack of tolerance, many others are somewhat justified, as they've been partially influenced by these people.

I'm not sure if I replied here in the past so I'm replying again

r34 fan art and fic I wish I had the ability to take it off the internet and burn it all in holy water

gamer bronies I can't play any game with out our own fandom members harassing me with friend requests, messages, game invites, party invites it just gets very damn annoying

I do not like those who claim to be a brony but fail the basic brony test

and more obviously I hate the anti brony unfortunately I have not gotten the pleasure to meet one in real life I hear all this talk they threaten us and insult us claiming they have better lives but from what I have seen they are nothing but a bunch of pansies they are all bark and no bite 

:( NOT AppleBloom! anypony but her! you monsters! that little filly is underaged!

I agree that is going way too damn far

• Brohoof 1

One interesting point I got from another internet forum where 'brony' as a concept is neutral and thus fairly discussed by both adherents and decriers alike is this:

A good chunk of the fandom has a massive victim complex. Comparing membership of this fandom to membership in, say, the LGBTQ(insert 9000+ other letters here) spectrum. Getting all dramatic about it, finding reasons to get really defensive and spiteful towards 'haters'. And I agree with the concensus that was ultimately reached, it's really immature and a major reason the fandom is annoying and slightly negatively viewed in popular society. Nobody really cares, guys. We're not special. Get the hell over it.

EDIT : Dat mispelling 'interesting' next level

Edited by Alicia Rue
  • Brohoof 6

Most PMVs I've seen are completely unoriginal in everyway.

1. They don't use original music. They just use someone else's.

2. They don't even animate their own ponies for the music video. They just use clips and scenes from the show.

Why can't do something more original?

You could definately take lessons from the Minecraft fandom on this one.

See this?

An original parody with an original video.

I think the Brony fandom needs more creativity to be honest.

• Brohoof 1

For me when it comes to dislikes about the fandom, it's all summed up in people's intolerance for change.Ie when people are nitpicking at the show's direction to the point of dramatic things such as leaving the fandom. Twilicorn is a prime example of this.

The producers and scriptwriters clearly know what they're doing otherwise MLP wouldn't have even come as far as it has in the first place.

Pony Tulpas... "It's not an imaginary pony friend it is really Twilight Sparkle and she really loves me!" 

img-3167587-1-tumblr_mc5hqxGA4o1r33y37.g

That's foalcon and as a clopper I can tell you that is a specific fetish...

so is that supposed to be a brony version of a lolicon o-o

still don't like it.

Obviously this doesn't apply to all bronies, but many are too prone to congratulating themselves. They don't just think of themselves as fans of a show, but as members of a misunderstood, persecuted collective that transcends social norms and stands as a fountain of love and kindness and friendship in a world that just doesn't get them. It's silly. 

Somewhat related to that, they also have a penchant for histrionics - whether it's in reaction to hate for their favorite ponies or grimdark/shipping art or just disagreements with staff policies. So many things get blown out of proportion that it crosses over into the realm of unintentional comedy. Actually, never mind. This is my favorite thing about the fandom. It's always good for a bemused chuckle.

• Brohoof 6

I dislike the high amount of gore/grimdark fan art.  I have a really weak stomach when it comes to body horror and seeing ponies getting tortured or whatever just makes me sad as well as sick. I just don't get it. I know that people are into horror and that's fine, I have no problem with that. I guess I'm just a little confused that people would want to infuse a lighthearted show about ponies with horror.

• Brohoof 2

I grow tired of depictions if Pinkie Pie as being evil and murderous. I mean yeah she was little scary at the end of Party of One as Pinamena but still. She is such a sweet and cute character, stop trying to smear her image.

Edited by whitetiger187
  • Brohoof 4

I grow tired of depictions if Pinkie Pie as being evil and murderous. I mean yeah she was little scary at the end of Party of One as Pinamena but still. She is such a sweet and cute character, stop trying to smear her image.

You have my eternal graces for saying this. I would brohoof your post a few hundred times..but the site wont allow me, so this will have to do. :maud:

pinkie_pie_check_by_azure_hobo-d5e2owz.g

• Brohoof 4

How sensitive this fandom is to gore and sexualization. I came to this fandom from anime so I'm used to seeing mass amounts of gruesome violence and fanservice, but Bronies' repulsion is ten fold that of a normal person.

"Oh that character got stabbed in that video/fanic/comic!"

tumblr_inline_n3o42aS5D91rllljr.gif

or better yet "Someone drew a picture of Twilight in a bikini being seductive!"

tumblr_mhqqy7mXMo1qbq6hyo1_500.gif

• Brohoof 6

There's really only one thing I hate about the fandom and that pushy bronies trying to get everyone to watch mlp. I know everything has pushy people trying to push their thing but for some reason the bronies that do just seem bad

• Brohoof 1

How sensitive this fandom is to gore and sexualization. I came to this fandom from anime so I'm used to seeing mass amounts of gruesome violence and fanservice, but Bronies' repulsion is ten fold that of a normal person.

"Oh that character got stabbed in that video/fanic/comic!"

tumblr_inline_n3o42aS5D91rllljr.gif

or better yet "Someone drew a picture of Twilight in a bikini being seductive!"

tumblr_mhqqy7mXMo1qbq6hyo1_500.gif

Yeah but everyone knows that anime is going to have ultra-violence and really pervy stuff in it.

A lot of the appeal of FiM is that you know it's going to be sweet and innocent and that it's free of dark stuff while still actually being a good show.

If I feel like seeing decapations, I have plenty of options available to me already, there is no need to drag it into pony.

I can handle ultra-violence, and have even enjoyed it in the past, but I like pony because it is a break from that stuff.

So when I see something like SmileHD the question on my mind is always "why?" If I wanted to be squicked out I'd go rent Hellraiser.

• Brohoof 1