Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's the worst enemy of Bronies?

Rainbow Tech

I think the worst enemy of bronies is bronies that hate change to the show. Character development is what makes it great!!

If you are looking for my what I now think is not-love-and-tolerence about conservatives, it's gone.

Edited by Rainbow Tech
  • Brohoof 4

Does it matter?

As long as we perservere,I don't see any reason why we should even begin to care about our "enemies".We might get some worse rep from some groups of people than some others,yeah,but it's not like we're in an open conflict with them.It's a rather one-sided conflict if you ask me.

• Brohoof 7

I'm Conservative, you jerk!

Joking, I'm Independent, but that is some huge bias on your side. The whole US government, letalone the Conservatives, couldn't care less about the bronies.

The greatest enemy of bronies is anti-bronies, just how Spiderman's main foe is Venom, and Sonic's is Shadow.

• Brohoof 9

I think the greatest threat to Bronies is Hasbro.  Not because they hate us, because of course they, as a corporation, are incapable of love or hate and only feel greed.   On top of this is the intellectual property legal concepts that nobody else can do anything related to what a large corporation like Hasbro is making money from.  It is the current concept of a corporation having more rights than people.  The current standard business concept of aggressively "protecting" intellectual property rights through legal threats and lawsuits could force an end to this.  Hasbro has a long history of ruining things yet still managing to make tons of money while pissing people off.  

• Brohoof 25

I think the greatest threat to Bronies is Hasbro.  Not because they hate us, because of course they, as a corporation, are incapable of love or hate and only feel greed.   On top of this is the intellectual property legal concepts that nobody else can do anything related to what a large corporation like Hasbro is making money from.  It is the current concept of a corporation having more rights than people.  The current standard business concept of aggressively "protecting" intellectual property rights through legal threats and lawsuits could force an end to this.  Hasbro has a long history of ruining things yet still managing to make tons of money while pissing people off.  

Ohmygod.

Yeah.

That's why I thought, a couple months ago, that Disney should've bought Hasbro. (please don't hurt me)

Hasbro will fuck us over in a year or two, just you wait. Just like they fucked Derpy over.

(and now, the things that Disney could've done better than Hasbro)

Disney has had some really good cartoons recently, with pretty good animation.

They couldn't fuck up MLP.

I think they'd actually cater to the fans more, just look at Phineas and Ferb after Disney discovered the large fanbase! It's more entertaining! 

Hell, Disney could've even made an MLP based ride or even a Hasbro theme park! :lol:

• Brohoof 6

Each other is the worst enemy. If we divide each other into groups the whole fandom will fall apart.

Many folks in the fandom ridicule Cloppers as if they are the most evil thing in all of existence.

However, even I can't love and tolerate the existence of underage clop fanworks (came across accidently while not even looking for it before a few times. And I Never Look For IT). I won't try stop it, (because I can't do anything to stop it) but anyone who does that I will hate them forever for promoting rape and preying on the innocent.

Edited by Rush
  • Brohoof 3

I have a theory! Haters will always be there no matter what but remember pokemon when it first came out people thought it was evil but now there is no one saying that is there, and I have never seen a hater for pokemon, people will eventually accepted our ways eventually  

The worst enemy of the bronies is the thing that the bronies choose to perceive as their worst enemy. There are a lot of people out there who disagree with us, who will hate us, harass us and even assault us. But picking something as our "worst enemy" is, in my opinion, a direction we don't want to take this fandom in. It's not what it is about.

• Brohoof 5

What do you think is the worst enemy of bronies?

I'd say conservatives. Why? They think friendship is tragic. They think that we are all homosexual and trying to pull kids into satan.

I'm not surprised, anything that can/will change the world, for the worse or for the better,conservatives are against, and bronies are doing a GREAT job changing the world for the better.

Please don't be offended if you are christian, I am, but I'm liberal. Also, I'm open to criticism, if conservatives are capable of being bronies.

With that, who do you think is the worst threat to bronies?

So your judging an entire political group over the actions of a loud minority? Typical liberal  :P

But jokes aside, I think the we bronies are the biggest threat to the show. We complain over trivial things (Derpygate) and we tend to be...overly vocal in our defense of the show, which draws unwanted attention from hater groups. If we didn't take things so seriously, we'd be far better off IMO. 

(And for the record, I'm a conservative, and I love the series) 

• Brohoof 1

Loss of interest is the biggest enemy. If bronies got bored with MLP, the entire fandom might collapse in a few days and mlp websites like this one would go inactive. As for people or groups, I honestly don't think there is any.

• Brohoof 2

So far Hasbro has been a lot more lenient that most companies have been in regard to "intellectual property", there are all sorts of fanmade parodies, stories and art and for the most part Hasbro hasn't really lifted a finger to stop any of it. This approach is smart because it provides tons of free advertising for the show which helps sell the toys. I am not saying every decision Hasbro has made has been good or that they are allowing this out the goodness of their hears but like I said before letting the fans do their thing is good business practice and I think they realize that.

You are right that corporations have more rights than people, there are few things that can tell you that better than working retail for five years. Corporations are legally considered persons for crying out loud, seriously I have known that for a while it is still unbelievable to me.

That said I think the worst enemies of bronies is ourselves, sure there are haters but with how fast this fandom is growing the haters seem to be losing this fight and badly. Yes dealing with haters is unpleasant but if it is not bronies then they will hate on something or someone else. Most bronies are nice people and there are going to be jerks in every fandom but the kind of hate geared toward cloppers is ridiculous, okay so that is not your thing and you may not understand why someone would be into it but is it really any of your business what some people decide to do in private? And though most fans seem to like Derpy what is with all the comments I have seen on here about Derpy fans being raving lunatics? I have even seen people say that they don't care whether Derpy stays or goes but still hate on Derpy fans, what is the deal? If you really don't care then why even bother to say anything at all when it is just going to start a flame war?

• Brohoof 4

Having enemies is a waste of time. Just go on with your life, really. It is, after all, just a show, and what other people's opinions are on it don't matter.

Hell, other people's opinions on anything don't really matter at all in the end, so just carry on and do what you enjoy and don't worry about what other people think.

I don't think there's really any "threat" to the fandom, it seems strong enough to me that 

1) haters can't do anything, which covers a lot of specific points, including the rage against cloppers (it's going to keep happening, avoid it if you don't like it and ignore it if you stumble across it and you'll be fine), annoyance at "love and tolerate EVERYTHING" bronies (who simply need to learn that negative emotions are okay to have, and that the best thing to do is simply not be bothered by people vocalizing their disproval), and other such grievances. 

2) if the show were to end, the fandom would continue for a long time, I hear Firefly has a small but very dedicated fandom, bronies are a very large and dedicated fandom, I see little to sway a loss of interest for everyone all of a sudden.

I suppose the biggest threat would be some of the popular names/voices in the brony community suddenly losing interest, seeing as a large amount of people seem to care about what their favorite brony artist thinks. However, I am certain that if this were to happen, you'd still see plenty of strong, active brony communities. 

• Brohoof 3

Well, if you are talking about THE worst, it's not so much the Anti-bronies, but the anti-bronies who ruin your reputation because you watch the show. If you're talking 'bout THE WORST at the source, I have to say it's most of our families. I believe that is the source because generally, your own family is your first  group of haters. But, it depends. If you have a kind, accepting family that loves you no matter what show you watch, you should be fine. If you're not one of those guys, then you're not so much in luck. The reason I came to the conclusion that our own families are the strongest source of hate towards the fandom is because your family has authority. They can threaten you because they are granted that position. If your parents are not very accepting, they can prevent you from participating in the community, or stop all pony-related stuff altogether. I know my parents did that at first. Now? They're kinda chill. Okay, say that your PARENTS aren't the problem, but your SIBLINGS are. This is probably the second biggest threat because they have the power to say anything they want to anyone, that means potentially ruin your reputation in front of your most respected audience: your friends. 

Again, this all varies because it depends how your family reacts.

• Brohoof 1

I'd say the worst enemy of bronies are the people who are ignorant and super closed minded. They tend to quickly adapt to ideas and make hasty generalizations such as "if you like a childs tv show, then you're a pedophile." This right here, is just pure ignorance, which is why I say that the ignorant super closed minded people are the enemies of bronies. 

• Brohoof 1

Anti-bronies.

(obviously)

I'm not going to write much, because every pony has either said or will just repeat it anyway.  Let me just give you an example of a regular anti-brony.

My sister.

I asked her today what she would do if she found out Gerard Way was a closet brony (the main singer for the band My Chemical Romance)

She said she would burn all her CDs

Yeah?  No.  She's just being that way because she's obsessed with hating bronies.  Like she's obsessed with hating Justin Bieber.

That's just a small anti-brony though.  I just wanted to say that some where.

The haters that do it for no reason.

It's just a show a different demographic watch, no reason to flip shit, make websites, and videos consulting it.

There are loads of people who don't watch the show and don't give two shits about what we watch.

I tip my hat to the people who aren't ignorant 12-year old fools.

Edited by ~Wubs~
  • Brohoof 1

Worst enemy of bronies are bronies.

Why? Noone really takes haters seriously. I've yet to meet any troll or hater that would manage to make me even slightly irritated. On the other hand, when people who are part of the community flame and hate other parts of the community, or spout something really bad, it' a sad thing to see.

Like those religinuts. No matter whether you are religious or atheist, you will just laugh when someone goes on about how Twillight is the incarnation of satan forcing people to sin.

• Brohoof 9

I would say you only have enemys if you choose to. I personally as a brony dont have any enemys Im not doing anything illegal or immoral so the opinion of haters or "the enemy" dose not matter to me at all I can sit and read hate comments all day and although it makes me loose faith in the human race I still sleep soundly in my bed knowing these sad lonely lifeless people do not matter to me. So they are only your enemy if you choose to see them that way I choose to see them as nothing more then dust in the wind.

• Brohoof 7

I would say you only have enemys if you choose to. I personally as a brony dont have any enemys Im not doing anything illegal or immoral so the opinion of haters or "the enemy" dose not matter to me at all I can sit and read hate comments all day and although it makes me loose faith in the human race I still sleep soundly in my bed knowing these sad lonely lifeless people do not matter to me. So they are only your enemy if you choose to see them that way I choose to see them as nothing more then dust in the wind.

Well said. I don't have enemies. I don't want enemies. And really all the haters and trolls do to me is make my head hurt at how stupid they can sound. Then I just simply ignore them and go in my merry way. And besides, your greatest enemy is yourself.

• Brohoof 1

Ourselves in general as a people. We must be able to be the better person, to conquer ourselves. We must be able to control ourselves so that we do not become the very thing that which we sought not to be. I find myself doing this occasionally. Sometimes I can get a little judgmental, or a little hateful toward certain people. But I must remember that I am better than that.

Edited by Mr. Dash

It's dangerous to group an entire political party into haters, (I am not conservative but that is a pretty bad move) Hmmm, worst enemy, well it depends on your point of view. I see anti-Brony groups on Facebook. Some people would consider them the ultimate enemy, but most of them are grammar impaired 10 year old.

Im a Conservative and what is this?

Well, not really, more of a Right leaning Libertarian. But I am also a christian. And the church I go to is the only one that does same sex Matrimony. #AwkwardMomentWhen

Also, I agree with whomever it was at the top who said Hasbro was our biggest enemy (if we even have one).

Disney could do hella better with everything Hasbro does. I think they are still contemplating buying them out.

Also, they (Disney) is only buying companies to make an appeal to a male audience. Hence Lucas Film and Star Wars, Marvel with the Avengers, and now possibly Hasbro with Transformers.

I guess you could say the biggest 'threat' are Bronies themselves. The only enemies there are are people who think or feel that enemies actually exist. They dont. Coexistence is 100% possible. 

*Universe implodes as Conservative states that coexistence can work*

Build bridges not walls, kiddies.

Edited by WingedRatchet
  • Brohoof 3

Alot of  bronies don't care what the public thinks about them. there are some that do and are closet bronies cause of it. 

But what I think is.   The worst enemy of bronies is other bronies.  I don't mean watch out for other ponies around here cause they're bad. I simply mean that sometimes i come in here and i see people character bashing  it's mostly AJ and Derpy (other ponies get it to but not as bad) that get the brunt of this.  And that in my opinion is the quickest way to make enemies.   

Edited by angels_gal