Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Say Something Nice About Your Least Favorite Mane 6 Character

Shanks

Least favorite is Twilight Sparkle. Twilight interests me the least in spite of being the center character of the main cast, but some of her magic spells are cool and she can get some good laughs out of me every now and then. And I don't care what anyone else says, crazy Twilight is best Twilight.

This is such a good topic.

In order:

Faves:

Fluttershy

Applejack

Princess Luna

Zecora

Mrs. Cake

And the two background ponies Octavia and Nurse RedHeart.

No Thanks:

Rarity

RainbowDash

Any of the Canterlot Snobbish' ponies lol

and Diamond Tiara :I

If I had to say something nice about the ponies I do not like, at least rainbow dash and rarity care about their friends, and would do what they could to help them. Also rarity can be a good sister to sweetie belle  :D . Diamond tiara (as well as silverspoon) were kind of doomed to be little bratty ponies, so, I can't really judge their character - personalities that harshly, it's just the realistic 'Mean Girls' vibe they give off that makes them so annoying.

The canterlot ponies just need to lighten up, and I think they could be ok. Kind of like Fancy Pants, he wasn't totally lost to riches.

Edited by MallowMelt

I love them all, but do have an orderly list of favorite to least favorite.

My least favorite is Applejack, I'm not completely sure why, she's just at the bottom of the list. But love her little heart I still adore her! I'm not completely sure what the reason is, just that I've always had one of the Mane 6 I preferred over her. 

However, I do love her name, I know that isn't much but this is just the start. It sounds clever and fits her pretty well, it's a nice name! I think it's really cute when she calls everypony "Sugarcube" all the time. One of my favorite moments in the series is actually with Applejack! Remember in the beginning of Season 1 when she saved Ponyville from the stampede and went to her award ceremony to get the trophy? She was so sleepy and looked into the shiny surface of her trophy and said "Boy, I sure do look funny." then began leaning back and forth going "Woo woo woo!" and Pinkie joined in. 

You wouldn't believe how many times I chuckled trying to type that.

• Brohoof 1

This is rather odd for me to post in, because everypony with the Mane Six is chock full of things worth liking about them. Heck, I don't actually dislike any of them.

But with that said... Rarity IS my least favorite. Despite being the Element of Generosity, she does have a bit of a selfish streak going on. And plus, her beauty just seems to be exploited a bit too much.- BUT THIS IS THE WRONG THREAD FOR THAT.

... Anyway, for starters, she really is so gorgeous for a pony. Her slightly curved eyes with slightly-larger-than-usual pupils along with the usual eye sparklies really does wonders to compliment her stylish purple mane and pure white fur. And the sophisticated eloquence to her voice is also a nice touch. As well, her makeovers for herself and the Her beauty may be exploited a bit too much, but honestly, I can understand why. She really is a darn beautiful pony. Multiply that with infinity when she's a human. I mean, WOW.

As well,  she has had some very respectable, likeable moments, and are more plentiful than those who dislike her make such out to be. She does definitely have a noteable amount of generosity, giving her friends all kinds of support and rarely asking for things in return. She's still very much likeable, and when she isn't, she often makes up for it for being so over-the-top in her eloquence that it's silly.

Sure, she may be a galloping plot-hole, which is why she's my least favorite, but I still respect her nonetheless.

I have to admire Applejack's solid resolve. An example would be how she overcame that horrible skin condition in Equestria Girls.

Aw, I thought her cheeks were adorable, if that's what you're referring to.

Rainbow Dash's sonic rainbooms are pretty impressive, if a little too grand. 

I don't hate or dislike any Mane 6 character they are all great for their own reasons

Same here for the most part.

As for me? Fluttershy.

I don't find her annoying.

Her shyness can actually be a good trait that she can overcome like in certain episodes.

She is loving and sweet most of the times.

And I do find her adorable and cute most of the times.

Me? Pshaw. I don't have a least favorite. But AJ used to be my least favorite until I actually started watching the show. So, here's to AJ - your honesty and friendliness is amazing!

Edited by True Rarity

I find Rarity's eye for design and sorting quite pleasant, and I also think that even with her rough patches with Sweetie Belle, she still makes a good sister figure to look up to, if you want to be a part of a high-class society.

• Brohoof 1

Fluttershy is very cute and polite, also very responsible as demonstrated by her ability to care for a large amount of animals.

Fluttershy has had some good moments of funniness in the show, and she is pretty dang good with talking to animals. She's also saved her friends a few times.

....Yeah.  

Rarity has a great deal of depth to her character, despite her surface prissiness.

Pinkie Pie is also very likeable and has a fun personality, despite being quite exasperating, and her mentioned personality can be annoying if one isn't used to it.

Rainbow Dash's unabashed pride and self-confidence can be very wry, making her seem quite artificial, but her strength of spirit rebounds that rebuff.

• Brohoof 1

I already said something nice about Applejack(I love AJ, she's just the unfortunate place holder of least favorite mane 6 due to liking the other ponies a bit more), but I think I should say something nice about Mr. Cake cause I really give him a hard time... as he is most definitely my least favorite pony. 

Mr Cake, I am so happy that you've provided Pinkie Pie with a place to live, as well as somewhere to work. Also you don't seem to mind too terribly the extreme amounts of treats she tends to eat on a daily basis. I'm also impressed with how well you change diapers using only your hooves and your mouth.

• Brohoof 1

I take it back... I realized that if I had to put the ponies in a list from favorite to least favorite, Pinkie Pie would be at the bottom. No offense to her or her fans. ;)

Anyway, Pinkie Pie is sweet, innocent, funny, and adorable. :)

Hm, well, while all the mane 6 are among my favorite characters on the show, Pinkie Pie is currently at the bottom of that. There isn't really anything I hate about her honestly, she's a funny, bubbly, energetic character who's always fun to watch, not to mention she's among the best singers of the mane 6. So yeah, nothing bad to say about her really, I just like the rest more is alll... ^_^

I love all of the mane six but if i had to choose it would be Twilight. I mean shes smart, well written, and can be really funny at times. 

I don't hate or dislike her but this is if i had to choose. 

Rainbow Dash is particularly well named. Her blue coat and rainbow mane both invoke the sense of a bright blue sky with a rainbow arching over it. And she is pretty fast, too.

• 3 months later...

There have been a lot of hate topics lately so because of that it seems like it is a good time to bring this topic back once again to make people think and maybe realize that their least favorite mane 6 might not be so bad after all. When I first wrote this Rarity was my least favorite mane 6 and although I didn't like her at first did start to like her but although I meant what I said when I wrote the OP that I at that point didn't dislike her did start to like her more a few months after I wrote the OP which made Fluttershy take her place and prompted me to revive this topic. I made this topic and am bringing it back again because I am a firm believer that if you try to see the positives in something that you eventually will even if said character dosen't happen to be your absolute favorite.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 3