Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you like or dislike fedoras? Why?

Emperor Posh

119 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like fedoras?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Neutral!

I only really dislike fedoras when they are worn with clothing that doesn't match up (hipsters do this I think). It's like "Oh I have this awesome hat that I spent $60 on and I'm going to wear it with my shorts and Green Day t-shirt because it makes me look cool."

No. You might as well wear Uggs to a funeral.

The case for when I like fedoras is when they match or look appropriate with the rest of your clothing, like a suit, and there the suit has to be normal looking, not some hipster suit hybrid.

Fedoras look nice if they're worn properly.

Although in this day and age, they are worn improperly. However, I still like them if they're not worn with a proper suit because they are the most visible sign that somebody is trying to look smarter than they are.

• Brohoof 1

Nope, hate them, well at least in the way they're normally worn know, if they are worn with a suit, then at least it matches, but wearing it with a striped t-shirt and jeans? nonononono please no. Though my opinion might be biased because the only people I know that wear them pull them off horribly...

• Brohoof 1

Nope, hate them, well at least in the way they're normally worn know, if they are worn with a suit, then at least it matches, but wearing it with a striped t-shirt and jeans? nonononono please no. Though my opinion might be biased because the only people I know that wear them pull them off horribly...

Agree'd.

I think they look classy as hell when worn with a nice suit. Old-fashioned, but classic and never gets old.

As for wearing them with casual attire, not really a fan. Different apparel for different situations.

It's sort of like... Imagine if somepony were to go to a formal event. They wore a nice, snazzy-looking tux, but wore crocs at the same time. That's the best comparison I can think of. It just seems... I dunno, out of place.

However, that style is very effective for mountain hiking. ;) Fedoras, or other wide brimmed sunhats, are essential when hiking. It may get chillier the higher you go, but UV exposure also increases, so you sun burn easier at higher altitudes. Edited by Dinos4Ever

"NO. THEY'RE THE WORST INVENTION EVER. ANYONE WHO WEARS ONE IS G@Y AND AUTISTIC!"

They're just hats. Nothing too likable, or unlikable about them. If you wear one, cool. If you don't, cool. It doesn't mean anything.

Edited by Rinku
  • Brohoof 1

Oh, yes (even if trilbies are superior)! You know how the stereotypical girl is obsessed with shoes?

I'm like that except with hats.

So far, I've only got two hats, but whenever I go clothes shopping, I immediately gravitate towards the hat section and look for more. I look really good in them, and they are the perfect accessory for a lot of different outfits. 

I don't try to imply anything by wearing hats. I'll wear a hat if it looks stylish with an outfit because I like looking stylish

No, because the majority of people that wear them can't pull them off...Seriously, you don't wear a fedora with a trench coat, cargo shorts, a neckbeard and 50 extra pounds, it just makes you look like a loser clinging to the only thing that you believe embodies "cool".

That said I don't even think young people can pull off a fedora, it just doesn't look good unless you're 30/40 something...So yeah, please dont embarrass yourself guys, if you're wearing something dressy, then make your outfit match it.

Edited by Dark Fox
  • Brohoof 1

No, because the majority of people that wear them can't pull them off...Seriously, you don't wear a fedora with a trench coat, cargo shorts, a neckbeard and 50 extra pounds, it just makes you look like a loser clinging to the only thing that you believe embodies "cool".

That said I don't even think young people can pull off a fedora, it just doesn't look good unless you're 30/40 something...So yeah, please dont embarrass yourself guys, if you're wearing something dressy, then make your outfit match it.

Thank you, you just posted my entire thoughts into words, fedora's can be actually okay hats if worn appropriately and you can pull them off! Fedora's get such a bad rap because the majority of people who wear them are for the lack of better words just plain embarrassing.

If you can pull off a Fedora, congratulations, wear one! If you can't, then please, just don't...

"NO. THEY'RE THE WORST INVENTION EVER. ANYONE WHO WHERE'S ONE IS G@Y AND AUTISTIC!"

you cannot stop our plans to drown everyone in the vats of autism and gayness, the fedoras are only the begging of this plan

anyway, I'm indifferent about fedoras, they look good if done right 

I think they look really dumb, to be completely honest...

I can't really think of any situation where wearing a fedora would be appropriate, actually. Ha, makes me think of someone rocking up for a job interview in one of those... :P

Oh dear Lord. I will never, ever wear a fedora. Besides the fact that they don't have any personal appeal to me, I'm pretty frickin' tired of the stereotypes associated with them. 

For the longest time, I thought the "overweight fedora-wearing neckbearded basement-dweller" was the rebranding of the nerd/geek/dork archetype to apply to a modern generation when being a "nerd" is "cool". And I thought all the surge in hate directed toward this elusive fedora+neckbeard individual was the new "fucking hipsters!!"

However, there's apparently this whole other subcultural mold of 'Nice Guy Syndrome', men's rights activism, the friend zone, etc. Along with being supposedly the hat of choice for the guy with no fashion sense, it represents the reclaiming of masculinity by harkening back to a time when men were men and women knew their place. Or some crap like that. It's not just that you're the nerd of the nerds. You're clearly an unrecognized misogynist.

So of course bronies would be thrown into all this. (You can also chalk up otakus, atheists and the libertarian right.) 

I mean, it's just a hat, and fedora enthusiasts are okay people, but it has so many unfortunate negative connotations that leave a bad taste in my mouth. I guess I'll stick to my fishing hats and Napoleon Dynamite boots.

Edited by KipTardis89

Hmm...

*Takes a puff on pipe*

All this hatred for fedoras...

Then I guess it's about time we all made the switch we all needed to make in the first place:

DSCN3850.jpg

The only hat to wear if you're serious about being a douchebag cool like Rainblow Hash.

• Brohoof 4

I love fedoras, always have ever since I was little. I kind of became obsessed with the whole mafia style look for the longest time. Sadly I don't think I look very good in a fedora (plus my friends would just tease me all night at work since I'm a brony and all)

• Brohoof 1

Why would someone dislike fedoras =o

Haha well I think they are very cool and classy :3 I don't have one myself and I have never used one either but I like it when I see someone else who has one. I'm glad that they're not dead yet :)

• Brohoof 1

I'm not normally one for hats, because they feel uncomfortable to me, but I love the fedora. It feels...natural, I guess, but I don't have one at the moment. I need to get one, and a matching suit.

• 1 year later...

I'd only say you'd need to wear a fedora if you can master it, like Johnny Depp.

Or was it a trilby? Ah, I can't remember.

public%20enemies%20movie%20image%20johnn

Edited by Guest

This is all that needs to be said about "fedoras" fun fact is that most of the neck beards that claim to own them actually own a trilby.

img-3447904-2-tumblr_n1o16ysPg01tokf5jo1
trilby-vs-fedora.jpg

Edited by Panne
  • Brohoof 2