Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Candlewick13

I'm just wondering. xD

As some of you may know, I'm still on S1 (watching MLP from the beginning, in order) and I've heard a lot of ponies on here say S3 is not the best season.

What's your opinion on this?

-Candlewick

I wouldn't say that it was a bad season, but it had some episodes that left a bad taste in my mouth. But like the other seasons, it has great, good, bad, and okay episodes.

So, no. Season Three hit some home runs, struck out with other episodes, and did not leave a good impression with Pinkie Pie also that it left Rarity off the radar with no Rarity episodes.

Not saying Pinkie Pie wasn't handled well, but Too Many Pinkie Pies didn't really give me an opinion to give on it. The season did give AJ a chance to shine though.

Edited by Scootalove
  • Brohoof 2

It had an episode or two that was rushed and its season finale was the worst episode of the entire series, ignored Rarity and turned Pinkie Pie into an airhead but I think still gets more hate than it deserves. It gave Applejack her due which as an AJ fan I sure enjoyed seeing and it gave Rainbow Dash some of her best character development since season 1 with Wonderbolt Academy showing her responsible side and Sleepless In Ponyville showing her softer side.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 4

The season has it's share of issues(no Rarity episode, too short), but I thought it was a great season(I prefer it over the first 2 myself), even it's worst episodes were meh at worst imo. Though I honestly feel like a lot of the hate stems from Twilicorn 

Edited by Megas75

I personally enjoyed season 3. But since there's half of the normal season length (13 episodes instead of 26), the 'bad' episodes seem to really stick out. But like every season, there are the 'good', 'bad', 'horrible', 'okay', and 'amazing' episodes.

Just depends on who you ask, really. 

• Brohoof 4

Season three was somewhat controversial, partly because it was short (only 13 episodes), and because some things happened in it that did not sit well with some of the fans.  I won't go into specifics here; just keep watching the episodes in order and see what happens for yourself.  And don't forget to share your thoughts and feelings with the rest of us here when you do! :)

• Brohoof 1

I want to add, season 3 got very, very unlucky. Most people despise it because of the events that happened immediately following its finish, and the very large hiatus between s3 and s4. Season 3 was cut short, had a very obviously rushed finale that turned one of the shows most beloved characters into something else, and at the time it seemed like it would drastically change how the show worked.  So you had a rushed finale, twilicorn, a shortened season compared to the other two, and then you had the massive crap storm that rocked the fandom, Equstria Girls. This added on top of a short season, a major (at the time) change to a main character. And to add to all of it, the long wait between season only let the season be very over analyzed, and with nothing to keep most of the fandom occupied, they just dwelt on season 3. How short it was compared to one and two, how they changed twilight into a alicorn, how on top of that they added EqG. This series of events led alot of people to forget about the good the season did have, and rather focus on the almost over shadowing negativity that followed it. 

• Brohoof 2

Personally, I've always believed it to be so, and I hold that belief to this day;

Being cut in half to a mere thirteen episodes did not help, the majority of it felt very sloppy and rushed with the exception of two or three episodes, the lack of a Rarity episode is also considered to be a negative by a few.

But, I also do not want my opinion (or anyone else's for that matter) to steer you away from it so you can watch it and judge it based upon its own merits.

• Brohoof 1

Season 3's a mixed bag for me. Some episodes I really liked (One Bad Apple, Sleepless in Ponyville), some that didn't bother me so much (Magical Mystery Cure, Keep Calm and Flutter On), and some I really didn't not enjoy (Too Many Pinkie Pies, Just for Sidekicks). The shorter season went by really fast, and it kind of suffers for it. I know it was 'cause how Hasbro was trying to fit Equestria Girls into the budget, but the drop in quality after two stellar seasons really shows.

I don't think it's terrible, I just think it's the weakest season so far.

From my experience, Season 3 isn't all that bad (now that I have watched it pretty much all the way through now, but it does seem to focus mainly a little too much around Applejack and The CMC... : / (But Fluttershy is still in there somewhere so it's okay by me. :D)

I don't know about you guys but the song from "One Bad Seed" was quite possibly the cutest thing I've ever heard and I loved it!  :catface:

^THIS^ SO MUCH YES!!! Probably the best song in the show by my opinion up till episode 12 S3 that is... (Have yet to see the episodes after that point :huh: )

• Brohoof 1

From my experience, Season 3 isn't all that bad (now that I have watched it pretty much all the way through now, but it does seem to focus mainly a little too much around Applejack and The CMC... : / (But Fluttershy is still in there somewhere so it's okay by me. :D)

^THIS^ SO MUCH YES!!! Probably the best song in the show by my opinion up till episode 12 S3 that is... (Have yet to see the episodes after that point :huh: )

Well get ready 'cause episode 13 is almost one big musical ;)

• Brohoof 1

Well get ready 'cause episode 13 is almost one big musical ;)

Oh cool, I mean up till this point also the only other songs that are really memorable for me is probablly Giggle at the Ghosties, and Cupcakes... And I guess technically you can count Flutterguy's version of Pinkie's song about Zecora...... XD (That part had me on the floor the first time I watched it.)

Oh cool, I mean up till this point also the only other songs that are really memorable for me is probablly Giggle at the Ghosties, and Cupcakes... And I guess technically you can count Flutterguy's version of Pinkie's song about Zecora...... XD (That part had me on the floor the first time I watched it.)

He he, I'm a sucker for the old Winter Wrap-up and the Art of the Dress :)

• Brohoof 1

I personally liked it, so I don't think it's bad. I notice a trend: group of people absolutely love the first and second installments of X series, X series is gets third entry, group hypes it with unrealistic expectations, group walks away disappointed.

• Brohoof 4

Season 3 wasn't bad. But it wasn't good either. 

It felt like lukewarm water to me. You know, water that just feels wet? Like you can't tell if it's hot or cold. That's how I felt about S3. It had good episodes. It had bad episodes. And it was overall meh. 

• Brohoof 1