Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Candlewick13

Not bad. Just unfortunate.

They were made to work on Equestria Girls at the same time, and suffered for it. It was short, some stories were rushed, and someone screwed the pooch by telling us about Twilicorn (way) too early.

• Brohoof 2

It was inconsistent when compared with Season 2.

The Crystal Empire, Magic Duel, Games Ponies Play, etc were all pretty bad

Keep Calm and Flutter On, Just for Sidekicks, Spike at Your Service, etc. Were really good.

And it was also only 13 episodes which definitely effects people's rankings on the season as a whole. The finale, while it had great songs and was paced well for only being a 1 part episode, was rushed and came too soon.

• Brohoof 1

Oh wow... wasn't expecting that many replies... *blush*

Thank everypony for the replies! :) Guess I won't pass S3 over afterall. :)

I'll most definitely post what I thought about S1 when I'm done looking at it. :)

• Brohoof 3

Nah.

Imo season 3 is the best one out of the lot, I think people just are being sp00ked as hell because their godess Lauren Faust has fully left the show by this point.

Also the finale is my favouite episode of the show. Maybe it's because I love Twilight Sparkle to death but eh I could go on forever as to why Twilicorn made perfect sense.

• Brohoof 4

I personally liked it, so I don't think it's bad. I notice a trend: group of people absolutely love the first and second installments of X series, X series is gets third entry, group hypes it with unrealistic expectations, group walks away disappointed.

unrealistic expectations are the source of most dramas in this fandom.

I for one prefer to prevent myself from spoilers so I don't let my expectations get too high

I've found season 3 to be exactly the same as the other seasons in terms of quality.  Some episodes are fantastic and can be watched over and over again.  Others are good, but only bear viewing occasionally.  And some episodes are so terrible they never should have been made.

All in all, a fun series with hits as well as misses.

Pearls of Wisdom - "Getting used to change is never easy.  But living a stagnant life is even worse." - The Doctor (Doctor Who: The Perfection Society)

• Brohoof 1

It comes down to opinion, really.

Personally, I really liked it, though as much as Season One or Two.. I'm not sure. Season One was when the show was all new and exciting and interesting, Season Two was when it was really devolving as a loved show. Season three... Got a lots of brownies screaming out for their lives, and not in the good way.

It really is simply opinion based :P

Edited by Budding Night
  • Brohoof 2

Season three wasn't bad, just not as good as season 2 and 1, plus it was only half a season.

Exception, Magical Mystery Cure, that episode is pure bad IMO, the only episode I hate.

Season 3 can go fuck itself, for all intents and purposes.

• No Rarity Episodes
  • Horrible Portrayal of Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Twilight
  • Many, many, many, much overreaction from fandom about Twilicorn
  • Twilicorn was handled horridly when it happened
  • 13 episodes, as opposed to 26 in the other seasons
  • Only 1 worth re-watching (Magic Duel)
  • Corey Powell made her debut as a writer.
  • And, overall, it was just awful.

Season 4 is making up for it, though :D

EDIT: Fixed it just for  ;)

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 2

Season 3 was definitely worst season, no doubt about it. Not only because it had the least amount of episodes, but the episodes were all pretty meh. I think there was only like 3 episodes that I really enjoyed. And that finale was bad. The only thing that saved it from being a complete waste is Daniel Ingram's (and the singers) musical talent.

Edited by crazitaco

I wish i could make that first line my signature LOL.

In fact that's going in one of my videos some day.

there's no denying 13 episodes sucked.

Keep calm and flutter on isn't worth a rewatch?

Don't make me call up "I like Kim possible alot." and the whole discord fan base.

Hell rarity was great in that episode.

Season 3 can go fuck itself, for all intensive purposes.

• No Rarity Episodes
  • Horrible Portrayal of Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Twilight
  • Many, many, many, much overreaction from fandom about Twilicorn
  • Twilicorn was handled horridly when it happened
  • 13 episodes, as opposed to 26 in the other seasons
  • Only 1 worth re-watching (Magic Duel)
  • Corey Powell made her debut as a writer.
  • And, overall, it was just awful.

Season 4 is making up for it, though :D

No, I may be a minority on this but I love season three, although I did enjoy season one and two, they were not enough to convince me to join the herd, season three and Equestria Girls together rousted my emotions, and here I am. Now, I have noticed this nostalgia movement for season one and two, well all the positive aspects anyway, however they overlook the bad and weak episodes in the two previous seasons, thus focus unfairly on the weak episodes of season three, forgetting that there are some fan favourite episodes in the third season. Now in their defence, Hasbro did not expect a large adult male fan base, so they expected to ending FiM at season three, Equestria Girls was not even and idea yet, with so much interest, suddenly they had to squeeze so much plot in a thirteen episode season, then move on to Equestria Girls and season four almost simultaneously, so I give major credit to the cast and crew, who managed to accomplish despite being pressed hard. I can not convince any brony to like season three, nevertheless the fandom did increase following season three, then Equestria Girls, and this was the point I became a brony, if you watch the forums, Equestria Daily and other brony sites they have steadily increased, but I credit all of the seasons that contributed to our rise, to leave out season three is a pox on the hard work and dedication of the DHX crew, find what you like about the third season and harness it, for the fans who love the third season, go ahead and watch it, I know I will continue to enjoy the third.     

Edited by Emperor Peter
  • Brohoof 1

Well I don't like it as much as 1 and 2. But it's okay.. There are some good episodes, and some just okay ones. I didn't really love any of the songs in it enough to go back and listen to them either xD Unlike with season 1 and 2 songs. Keep in mind I haven't seen s4, so I don't know the factor that "oh season four is so bad that season 3 seems amazing" Because I've picked up from various places that season four isn't very good. But oh wells, I guess I won't know unless I get there.

Aside from the severe lack of a Rarity episode and some issues with Spike's characterization, I'd say season 3 is really great. The series premiere is among the worst of the two-parters but I don't think it's by any means bad. Magical Mystery Cure is understandably controversial and very much a love or hate episode that could have been better if it was done in two parts. Looking past the fact that season 3 was short and many fans hated and still hate the Twilicorn concept, I think the majority of the episodes were excellent. Wonderbolts Academy, Magic Duel, Apple Family Reunion, Too Many Pinkie Pies, and Sleepless in Ponyville are all among some of the finest episodes in the entire series as far as I'm concerned, and many of my favorite songs in the series come from season 3 as well.

Also, Applejack really got her due in season 3 even if it was unfortunately at Rarity's expense (Spike At Your Service was originally slated to be a Rarity episode but was re-written as an AJ episode when the writers deemed that Rarity was too unlikable). After season 2 utterly failed to give Applejack some proper and much needed focus and development, I have no problem admitting that I actually prefer season 3 to season 2, biased or not.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, it honestly was the low point of MLP. It also stick out like a sore thumb by being the shortest season, the only one without a new intro, and having no friendship letters or any equivalent (like the journal now is).

Edited by Grumpy Enchantress

Oddly... I actually thought it was the BEST season out of all the seasons so far (inc. season 4). There some shite episodes for sure, but personally it just had the greatest concentration of 'good; episodes compared with other seasons.

Ye idjit!

S2 was the best! It had DISCOOORRRD!!