• Nokia
    • HTC
    • Windows
    • Other

Androids, friends keep talking about them IPhones, I say

[one swear, but hey, I wanna try to keep it a lil bit clean xD]

"Bitch please, I got an android"

• Brohoof 1

Actually, to be honest, it really depends on the device. On a phone, I would always pick Android. However, I would NEVER use it on a tablet. iOS, WebOS, and QNX are my favorite tablet OS'-even if iOS is an oversized phone UI(Which is to be expected, as the iPad is an oversized phone). But Android on a tablet? I wouldn't even consider it. The hardware might be nice, but the software is a deal breaker for tablets.

TL;DR: Android for phones, anything else for tablets.

• 4 months later...

Android here, Droid X.

I prefer Android because Apple restricts so many features and capabilities of their own products because they think that we are all too ignorant to believe it's not there. Jailbreak your Ipod, Iphone, or Ipad and tell me that it's NOT 200% better (except it drains battery). Android restricts nothing and gives you free range to modify, edit, change, or do anything else to their product. With iOS devices it's either really challenging or impossible.

And Androids can use gif files AND there are no restrictions on apps. Plus I have a live Rainbow Dash wallpaper, suck THAT Iphone!

• Brohoof 2

iOs, I never liked Androids, I find iPhones much more user friendly than Androids, I have a very cheap android phone and hate it, my parents have iPhones I usually use, plus I'm not an Apple fanboy.
  • Brohoof 1

Android here, Droid X.

I prefer Android because Apple restricts so many features and capabilities of their own products because they think that we are all too ignorant to believe it's not there. Jailbreak your Ipod, Iphone, or Ipad and tell me that it's NOT 200% better (except it drains battery). Android restricts nothing and gives you free range to modify, edit, change, or do anything else to their product. With iOS devices it's either really challenging or impossible.

And Androids can use gif files AND there are no restrictions on apps. Plus I have a live Rainbow Dash wallpaper, suck THAT Iphone!

Plus, Androids can do EVERYTHING an iPhone can and can't do, PLUS more. Androids can have custom themes, different home screens and much more, all without unlocking or rooting your phone. :lol:

iOs, I never liked Androids, I find iPhones much more user friendly than Androids, I have a very cheap android phone and hate it, my parents have iPhones I usually use, plus I'm not an Apple fanboy.

If you want the best from Androids, go with the little more expensive ones. Such as Droids 3, Droid Razr, Droid X like ADashOfRainbow has, HTC One X, HTC Amaze. Those are the higher end Android smartphones and are beasts at performance.
  • Brohoof 1

Plus, Androids can do EVERYTHING an iPhone can and can't do, PLUS more. Androids can have custom themes, different home screens and much more, all without unlocking or rooting your phone. :lol:

If you want the best from Androids, go with the little more expensive ones. Such as Droids 3, Droid Razr, Droid X like ADashOfRainbow has, HTC One X, HTC Amaze. Those are the higher end Android smartphones and are beasts at performance.

I have used higher end ones, and in the end, I like iOS much better, and I have never expressed interest in jailbreaking iOS devices.

Android market place is open source and has a lot of free apps because of it. iOS does all the app publishing themselves so not as many free apps. So while you could get a gba emulator for android, you could not do so on iOS. I have both, I find iOS to run smoother but that has more to do with the fact that my android tablet's processor is horrible. That being said, iOS has some of the best pay to play games, they have black ops zombies and infinity blade. Also the fact that iTunes syncs flawlessly with iOS devices makes it even better, especially since all my music is on iTunes. I couldn't choose between the two so I have both because really having both means you can do things that the other os lacks.

Android FTW

I first wanted get an iPhone but I realized it was too expensive, so I bought a Samsung Galaxy S2 and I don't regret it at all.

iPhone is always the same but from android you can choose from an endless types of phones and a lot of them are more powerful than the iPhone 4S (the s2 is) and I didn't need too much practice to get used to the UI. Very intuitive.

I have used both, i like android, it being a Linux Based OS makes sense for me, and i like the more

powerful and customizable system it is. iOS is nice too, it just feels a little limited for me (plus not too big

on apple). both are pretty solid IMO, android comes out on top for me though.

I'm gunna go off the reservation and say windows phone OS is the best. It isn't mainstream (at least not yet) and it links to you xbox live account! I can do a ton of stuff on it, and quality (not quantity) apps continue to be released.

I'm gunna go off the reservation and say windows phone OS is the best. It isn't mainstream (at least not yet) and it links to you xbox live account! I can do a ton of stuff on it, and quality (not quantity) apps continue to be released.

I had an HTC HD7 for a while, it was pretty amazing! I just wished it had some more apps. Other than that, WIndows Phones and Androids are the best! :lol:

Android. Best thing ever. I have the mane 6 running on the screen with the Android version of Desktop Ponies.

How'd you get the Mane 6 on your home screen? App?

Maemo. Yes, its dead. No, its not pretty. But it is pure linux on a cell phone and as such, is quicker than android with less resources. If I really wanted to, I could install the dalvik vm and run android apps as well.

Second choice would be Android. Not a huge fan of it but at least I'm not giving money to apple.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have a white Blackberry Bold 9900
Posted Image
My plans includes,
BBM, unlimited social networking, unlimited text (picture and video), 250 minutes, unlimited evenings and weekends and unlimited canada-wide my 10, caller id, visual voicemail, anytime tv, ringbacks and 100 international text messages Posted Image ~

If you also have a blackberry add me on bbm Posted Image
2A26421D

Edited by LowfatEnvelope