Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where would you like to live?

DubWolf

Still saying the Northeast, of course, but have set my sights more toward New Hampshire than Maine. But anywhere in New England would be a major step up from the crap state I live in right now.

• 1 year later...

I am happy where I live, but I would also go to other places if there is the possibility. Places with a lot of nature and not so hot. Places like Scandinavia, Iceland, Canada or New Zealand for example.

Washington state works for me. :P Even if this country seems to be going headfirst in the wrong direction thanks to neo-libs and the far right being in power. :dry:

But optimally I would say in one of the Nordic countries in Europe, because they've got it better than most all of the world right now if we're being honest.

Edited by Aangel Dust

• 4 months later...

I need to live somewhere where there is 4 seasons. The variety is important to feel like time is passing. Don't want to get stuck in time!

(edited)

I can break down what I'm looking for:

1. Decent sized town, perhaps on the outskirts of a larger city, much like where I live right now.
  2. Liberal state, never goes for conservative presidents
  3. Has substantial LGBT rights protections
  4. Has solid four seasons.
  5. Rarely - if ever - has tornadoes. Is also free from having other regular natural disasters such as earthquakes, hurricanes, etc.

That narrows it down to just a select number of US states:

1. Colorado (in higher elevations) Voted for Bush in 2004 but has been blue ever since, so it's straggling the line here. But it didn't go Red for Trump, which is a big deal. Every state that voted for Trump is permanently dead to me.
  2. Illinois (this one is barely straggling along here because the state is too susceptible to tornadoes)
  3. Minnesota (struggles with the same issue as Illinois, the closer you get to the great plains the worse, so this is at the bottom of the list)
  4. New York and the New England states. The best option here, IMO. They're pretty liberal, they have solid four seasons with rare tornadoes, have some of the best LGBT protections in the US, and even though being close to the ocean are rarely susceptible to hurricanes because they're in cooler water. The biggest thing I would have to watch out for when choosing a house here weatherwise is flooding. Maine falls a little more conservative, so it's the bottom choice here. But as a plus, all New England states fall at the very lowest of religiosity, which is fantastic, as well.
Edited by Envy

(edited)

Orlando, by a mile. I adore theme parks and the villas there are also amazing.

Well, the only downside would be the hurricanes. :worry:

Or what if Ponyville had a house for sale? :BrightMacContent:

Edited by TomDaBombMLP

I've wanted to move north in the past, but honestly, I might just stay here in the western half of Virginia. I love the mountains, and while summers are hot, it's far better than it could be, and fall and spring are the perfect temperature. No offense to people who live further south, but to me, it's unthinkable to live somewhere where it reaches 80 to 90 degrees in the winter, sometimes even higher.

If we're being more specific, I've been looking at houses recently (I can't afford one yet, I just like looking and daydreaming), and there's one that's absolutely perfect. It's at the very top of what I think my budget will be when I start seriously looking for a house (just under $100k), but it's gorgeous, well taken care of, has a large back porch and second story balcony, and about 1,750 sq. ft. of space, more than enough for my work, which would end up using two bedrooms and a storage closet. A creek even crosses part of the property. It's everything I want in a home, and it will almost certainly be sold by the time I'm able to move out :( Oh well, more will come.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...