Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

As a Human would you date a pony?

Bendy

As a Human would you date an alien MLP FIM Pony?  

197 users have voted

1. 1. As a Human would you date an alien MLP FIM Pony?

• Yes.
    • No.

To whoever brought chimps into this, because the quote button is being contrary:

An arguement could totally be made for Zira.

Assuming she'd drop that chump of a chimp Cornelius.

Edited by TSD
  • Brohoof 1

I think the only way to date them is if they were in anthro form

or if you were your oc pony. 

I would feel very awkward and embarassed if i was dating the pony, despite

they are intelligent and do human things. It would be just too much pressure, so making friends

and giving them hugs and cuddles probably would be the good option.

I think the big no no about bestiality is that animals don't have the same level of intelligence to willing commit to 'the act' which is why most consider it wrong, apart from cross species breeding would have some horrific results for the Child I would imagine. However if they were intelligent, or more intelligent than humans and could willingly commit to it then I wouldn't see an issue, it's like having sex with an alien race in the game Mass effect, sure people might consider it 'weird' but both parties gave their consent. 

Thats just focusing on the sexual side however, a massive part as well obviously is whether we would share emotions, the same expectations from a relationship because you have to remember MLP is written by Humans therefore they are 'Ponies' with exact human traits, this wouldn't be the case in reality for example if we found another planet with these ponies on, Yeah I know this is going off the ball right now and really over thinking the question. 

Anyway, as for me if they were intelligent as us and shared the same emotions then I wouldn't see an issue besides the physical differences which are quite (no pun intended) large  :lol:  but as in most cases if you love someone enough I guess any physical trait wouldnt matter. 

• Brohoof 3

Well, I don't wanna hurt their feelings, expecially Lyra since, they went to the effort of asking me out so, I would at least go on a date with them to make them happy. I'm more about the cuddles.

Either way, I don't have an opinion for or against the idea.

Edited by Fractured_Spectrum

But that's what makes it awesome. There are billions of humans dating humans. (yawn) To be a human dating an alien would be exciting. Sure most relationships don't work and this one might be less likely to work but it's still not impossible. And I'm not interested in reproducion.

Ok, how can I rephase this?  I don't really know how to properly explain it, but something about dating a pony, as a human, just seems..........immoral.  I don't know about you, but to me, it looks a lot like beastiality.  Again, Spike's crush on Rarity is a a good example.  it's beastiality.  It's just wrong :blush:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

• Brohoof 1

Guess I'll never find out unless some kind of interdimensional rift opens up. I'm not one for romantic relationships, and I don't really date at all. On the other hand, I do find various ponies "attractive" on some level or another, so it's not out of the question. There's nothing morally wrong with it if you're both sentient beings with equal rights, so I have no objections there.

Still, can you imagine how weird a date with Twilight or Applejack would be? Twilight would be asking about your human world and physiology the whole time (not for the reasons you might hope) and AJ would probably talk your ear off about apples.  :wat:

• Brohoof 1

Still, can you imagine how weird a date with Twilight or Applejack would be? Twilight would be asking about your human world and physiology the whole time (not for the reasons you might hope) and AJ would probably talk your ear off about apples.

hehe, I would be asking Twilight those same questions too. As for Applejack, i'm sure I can find a median in the conversation. lol

The problem here is that a number of people are assuming that dating will lead to sex; and that isn't always the case.

For me, all I will say is that I would have no problem spending personal time with a sentient and intelligent pony creature.

That is all.

• Brohoof 3

Ok, how can I rephase this?  I don't really know how to properly explain it, but something about dating a pony, as a human, just seems..........immoral.  I don't know about you, but to me, it looks a lot like beastiality.  Again, Spike's crush on Rarity is a a good example.  it's beastiality.  It's just wrong :blush:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

post-28184-0-30741000-1423721075.png

Here's a look at a Zoological chart.

post-28184-0-68396100-1423721930.jpg

It's a little difficult to read, but if you look at your lower right, under the phylum Chordata, circled in blue, you'll see humans, circled in red. Under the kingdom Animalia. Because we're all animals; it's a scientific classification.post-28184-0-67429900-1423721076.png But that's not what's important here.

Beastiality. Key word beast. Animals are called "beasts" because they lack, among other things, sentient thought. Basically, an inability to consciously do things that aren't attached to basic survival instincts, like feeding oneself or reproducing. That's all there is to it; a "beast" is locked in the evolutionary game. They would never he able to do simple things like go shopping, or play tennis, or even "just hang out around", because it's not relevant to survival. They certainly wouldn't be able to do more advanced things like have objective morals, or the ability to question "why?" or "why not?" That's purely the function of higher beings, like humans deem themselves.

See where i'm going with this?post-28184-0-74915600-1423721075.png

Ponies (and dragons!) from Equestria are capable of intelligent, rational, thought. They have objective moral standards. They can choose to do things that they know would harm them, as well as choose to ignore or reject things that would benefit them. They can learn, understand and acknowledge a world beyond them. They're animals, but not beasts... just like humans are.

Obviously, that means "bestiality" doesn't apply here, since there's no "beasts" in the equation; the differences between us boil down to basic aesthetic divisives. Your base argument, in essence, would be " They look like horses, so they must be horses". An argument from an astute (and equally ignorant) pony would be "They look like monkeys, so they must be monkeys."

That's not very nice or accurate, is it?post-28184-0-18361000-1423721077.png

Edited by Shimmer5000
  • Brohoof 7

Ok, how can I rephase this?  I don't really know how to properly explain it, but something about dating a pony, as a human, just seems..........immoral.  I don't know about you, but to me, it looks a lot like beastiality.  Again, Spike's crush on Rarity is a a good example.  it's beastiality.  It's just wrong  :blush:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Well you have a right to your opinion. I'm just a major xenophile.

Still, can you imagine how weird a date with Twilight or Applejack would be? Twilight would be asking about your human world and physiology the whole time (not for the reasons you might hope) and AJ would probably talk your ear off about apples.  :wat:

Yeah, I have a billion questions about ponies as well. And as AJ said: "Nopony's that interested in farming. Not even me."

The problem here is that a number of people are assuming that dating will lead to sex; and that isn't always the case.

Well the idea of dating is that if things go well it will eventually lead to sex, right?

Anything else is just hanging out with a friend.

Well the idea of dating is that if things go well it will eventually lead to sex, right?

I was largely taught the opposite in regards to that.

Of course this is coming from someone who has never dated in his life, so take my word for what you will. Dating =/= sex.

• Brohoof 2

Half of me says yes the other half says no.

It confusing, like, they're cute and all, but..

Mares.. THEY HAVE LIKE

VOIDS DOWN THERE

BLACK HOLES

SINK HOLES

QUICKSAND

IF ITS LIKE THAT FOR REAL HORSES IT PROBABLY IS FOR CARTOON PONIES TOO.

I'd date them and like cuddle them but like, no NSFW stuff.

I disagree that the ultimate purpose of dating is sex, and that anything else is just friendship.  What if you cuddle and kiss all the time, but never have sex?  Are you still just friends?

I would be willing to date and marry someone who was unable to have sex with me, or who was uninterested in sex in general.

I would most certainly date one, if somepony wanted me to be their special somepony. As far as taking things further, I wouldn't mind, although I would remind her that we likely wouldn't be able to have any children, since we're completely different species.

I would probably date Queen Chrysalis and rule with her

Edited by Kirby
  • Brohoof 2

I would marry with Applejack without thinking, and our children would be half human half pony *-*

she is my ideal girl, she is my waifu in this moment xD

Pinkie Pie makes me laugh but she is very... festive? party person? I don't know how to say in english xD

• Brohoof 2

I would marry with Applejack without thinking, [...] she is my waifu in this moment xD

Neveeeeeeeeeeer! I won't allow that. >:3 #Applejackismahwaifu

Anyway back on topic... a-hem!

I would probably date a pony yes. Why? Most of the ponies have great personalities! Who wouldn't want that?

• Brohoof 4