Is MLP FIM the only 'girly' thing you like?

Bendy

Is My Little Pony the only 'girly' thing you like?  

133 users have voted

1. 1. Is My Little Pony the only 'girly' thing you like?

• Yes.
    • No. (state what in post.)

Powerpuff Girls, Doll push-chairs (I used to have my Teddy Bears seated in them), Tamagotchi (Although I would argue that is a bit more unisex) and for a little while Littlest Pet Shop...

Of course it's not, but I'm a girl so...

Yeah also like stuff like Frozen, Mean Girls, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, Konoiche, Grey's Anatomy, Judy Blume books, Girls, stuffed animals, etc... So, yeah. Yay for girl power and all that!

Edited by Carolina

i am a man
i watch manly stuff like the powerpuff girls
i look at manly stuff like animals/kittens and lisa frank
i collect manly plushies
so mlp is the only girly thing that i watch

• Brohoof 1

Nope, I've watched many Disney princess movies, which in my opinion, are more girly than MLP. For shows, I watch some anime where girls play a big role in it, The Powerpuff Girls, and even Angelina Ballerina to name a few.

well, i have watched stuff like the obvious "frozen","aladdin","princess and the frog","the lion king", and the like, and i don´t really consider those to be that girly.

They are just well-made family movies, though some see them as "for kids only"-movies, similar to how animation is seen in western society, in general.

But i have yet to see someone call them girl movies.

Well what is girly, I mean things are neutral they're not boy or girl things, society divides things based on its need to categorize everything. We as a people should be able to like whatever we want no matter who it's prescribed to. Since I started watching MLP I like lots of diffirent things now, like the color pink, and Rainbows, so I'm going to like what I want.

• Brohoof 2

I love many types of cartoons and anime that are meant for girls, like Sailor Moon, Sofia the First, Young & the Restless and Desperate Housewives.

I love many types of cartoons and anime that are meant for girls, like Sailor Moon, Sofia the First, Young & the Restless and Desperate Housewives.

No, I fucking love girly things. 

Powerpuff Girls, Pastel Pinks and Purples, Littlest Pet Shop, Stuffed Animals, Fashion, Skirts and Tights (which I wear because they're great), all the Fairy Pokemon (Especially Sylveon <3 ), Bath Bombs, Mean Girls, Pink hair, Madoka Kaname/Magical Girls overall, K-On!, Manicures, Hair styling, Hairspray (the movie), Equestria Girls, G3 MLP, Tangled/Frozen, Care Bears, Vocaloids, Animal Crossing can be considered girly, and basically anything else.        

If it's pink, I love it.

I'd say personally, probably not. Growing up, i watched a ton of cartoons like "Powerpuff girls, Totally Spies, Sailor moon, Cardcaptor Sakura, Chobits."

I could probably list more. I didn't really define them as girly. They were abit different from my usual cartoons like TMNT, Sonic underground, Sonic SATam etc..

I watched them as normally as those anyway. I didn't take much notice, Just like friendship is magic. 

I like what i like.  :derp:

Is My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic the only 'girly' thing you like?

To me yes, there is literally nothing that appeals to me from 'girly' media. Though MLP FIM has clearly proven it's not just for little girls. Feel free to point some media that might surprise me as MLP FIM did. The only reason investigated it was because I was curious about the fanbase and I felt a little depressed.

It's very unusual, that I even like (love) this new generation of My Little Pony. I mostly like grimdark, violent and war of survival stuff. Like The Walking Dead, Mass Effect, Metro 2033, Fallout and blah blah blah.

Now, I love wacky silly cartoon like Futurama or South Park. But I never imagined in a million years that I would love My Little Pony.

Being a girl I can say 100% yes it's definately the girliest thing I like... But is it Really girly anymore :P

Before reading through these comments, I had no idea that Powerpuff Girls was considered a 'girly' show. :wau:

I'm a huge fan of Disney's Tinker Bell movie franchise, that's considered pretty 'girly' too. :fluttershy: Oo, and Desperate Housewives :please:

Oh, I'm very feminine in general. I'm a total femboi and love skirts and panties and such. I also like pink and rainbows, and also plushies. No one who knows me in the slightest would be surprised I like MLP or am a brony.

Well if by 'girly' you mean things western society mainly associates with girls then no. Here's a list of things that I like that are considered girly by many:

- (man) Purple.

- Pink.

- A lot of the Disney movies.

- The obvious My Little Pony.

I have been considering watching Power Puff Girls.

To be honest, it's not just MLP:FiM. For me, FiM has been a gateway to other "girly" shows. I used to hate them with a passion, but now I actually like a fair amount of magical girl anime, from the ones that air late nights in Japan and would (arguably) not be safe for American television, to the merchandise-driven shows that come on Sunday mornings in Japan. I'm talking shows like Lyrical Nanoha*, Pretty Cure, Cardcaptor Sakura, Sailor Moon, and so on.

* Not actually aimed at girls.

• Brohoof 1

Aside from MLP, I've always like W.I.T.C.H., both the series and the comics. Still pisses me off it didn't get a third season. Oh, and I've been known to watch Desperate Housewives, which much like MLP surprised me by being good.

I also enjoy watching the Powerpuff Girls, although as a kid I didn't because 'it was too girly'. I knew nothing back then.

• Brohoof 1