Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Body hair on guys, what are your thoughts?

SolidTwilight

You, my friend, will be warm almost all the time. Take it as a gift. Go it all castaway style and grow a beard. Or be like Saxton Hale and shape your chest hair like your favorite country.

I gonna admit..............I'm a guy and im not a fan of Body Hair, b/c it tends to make me itch so i rather shave it off.  Yet, for the women, I absolutely hate when women have body hair, (no offense to anyone), but its just not my taste. 

I'm a heterosexual guy, so I can't comment in regard to perceived sexual appeal (or lack thereof) of body hair on men. On a platonic note, however, I think guys look awesome with facial hair, especially if it's a beard. I mean, Dumbledore, anybody? Hell yeah.

That being said, I love having body hair. It just feels natural. I also love the look of mustached/bearded men, which is something I've been aspiring to for quite some time. Unfortunately, the rate of growth of my facial hair has been glacial until more recently.

A small amount of facial hair appeared above my upper lip in 6th grade, but it didn't really start growing with any rapidity until 11th grade. I'm going into 12th grade now, and I've noticed the most substantial amount of facial hair growth this summer. 

Unfortunately, it's not growing fast enough yet, so I often end up with a bit of a messy look. I honestly don't give a shit, but when I need to I'll shave it to give myself a cleanlier appearance. I generally do so for school or important occasions. 

I hope I can grow out a full mustache or beard by the time I'm in my early 20s. Who knows, maybe I'll end up not liking it in regard to comfort, appearance, or both, but at the very least I want to try it out.

Also, to any women who think they have to shave themselves to look attractive, fuck that. You should shave or not shave yourself based on what you want, not based on some bullshit societal expectations. Societal expectations are often fraught with inaccuracy, misunderstanding, stupidity and even bigotry, so turning to them for wisdom about anything is rarely a good idea. 

Everything should be evaluated as it is, not by how many people agree or disagree with it. Societal expectations, unless they are substantially rooted in accurate analysis and monumental empathy, are completely useless. The idea that women aren't beautiful if they have body hair is certainly not one of them.

In my eyes, the most beautiful woman is the woman who is willing to be herself.

• Brohoof 4

I only like hair on my head, and nowhere else.

I like men and women with body hair.

especially women.

Anything that goes against the Social Norm makes me smile in glee :wub:

So that means you rape baby seals for a living, don't you?

It's really their choice. I know a lot of guys 'n gals with arm and leg hair who complain that it's too sensitive and it bothers them. If they want to keep it for tactical reasons, great. If they want to remove it for beauty, hygiene, or social reasons, also great.

The only time I mind hair on anyone is when the physical body comes up against the other person, and one or more areas are sensitive. It's like rubbing yourself with an abrasive bag of hardened pudding or something. I was with a guy and gal this one time, and none of us shaved, and we all decided to 'nix the hair, and were a lot happier afterwards.

I mean we kept bumping into each other in the garden with short sleeves and shorts while covered with mosquito bites. I don't know what y'all were thinking about.

I'm female and all-natural all over, myself; I like it when people stay natural, but of course people can shave if they want. :) 

I always think as long as you like it, be whatever you want. Be what you want to be - not what anyone else wants or what you feel society expects you to be. 

If people can make it look nice, then it'll look nice. That said, chest hair is so much better than back hair

My friends keep telling me to shave my legs (yes, i'm a bloke) and I politely tell them to fuck off. But then my mum makes me facial hair because she doesn't like it and it is only for tramps and homeless people basically are her reasons. Which aren't real reasons.

Body hair on guys is cool. Body hair on girls is cool.

Heck, I didn't shave my legs for three years because I just didn't feel like it (and also because I never wore shorts).

• Brohoof 2

Eh, it's hair. You have no control over where and how it grows, and I won't judge if you choose not to interfere with a naturally occurring process.

I wish my own body hair was distributed differently though. Less hair on my chest and more on my face would be ideal. I've wanted to grow a beard for ages but I simply haven't been able to.

• 4 years later...
(edited)

Eh, I don't have a problem with it on guys as long as it isn't too much. 

I can't stand body hair on myself though, it's just kind of icky and uncomfortable...I only like hair on my head, and no where else. :-P

Edited by Lucky Bolt

Body hair is annoying, hot (temperature-wise), and smelly. I hate having it. Mine isn't too bad above the waist, just a bit on my stomach, chest, and back, but everything below is a mess.

I shave my face and other obvious areas, but other than that, I just trim it every few weeks when it starts to get long. Shaving my entire body every other day would be extremely annoying and time consuming, and certain thick hairs tend to get ingrown. Not something I want to deal with on a regular basis.

I have a ton of body hair, but honestly there's no point going out of my way to get rid of it. Seems like a waste of time to me.

Some body hair on guys is desirable. A little bit of that hirsute animal magnetism can augment the overall picture nicely. If someone has a lot or a little it doesn’t really matter. Hair is just part of the human meat suit and doesn’t have to be a deal-maker or deal-breaker. I just like a bit of highlighting, so to speak.  

(edited)
On 7/28/2014 at 1:21 AM, Blue said:

Whatever she prefers.

I have won the thread.

Nope, you haven't, good sir, for I'm not female. :catface:  

In my opinion, this is always something that depends on how the guy looks with it. But generally speaking, I don't like particularly hairy men. Though some guys look better with a little fluff, while some men just look way better without it. :P

Edited by Dusky, the Boy Queen

I'm one smooth boi... I can slip and slide easy without any body hair. I think that beards and mustaches can add a sort of dignity or authority to a man, but it also makes them look 10 years older. I'm not personally attracted to it so I don't allow myself to grow any.. I associate lots of body hair with older men and I don't find that kind of masculinity attractive in a sexual way. 

(edited)

I'm 15, and am pretty hairy for my age, but not too over the top. Mostly my legs and arms are hairy even though I have a light beard and mustache. I think hair on guys makes them look more masculine which I guess girls love.

Edited by Sondash Studios