Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever been pulled over by a cop!?

Gone Airbourne

In my 11 years driving i have pulled over prolly 6 times but only got a ticket 2 times. The tickets were for speeding (going 45 mph in a 30 mph). Those both were around $90 to pay each.  All the others were warnings about having brights on too long before someone passed you coming at you or having illegal underglow light colors. Just minor things like a slap on the wrist stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

I ran a red light about 10 years ago and was pulled over. They let me off with a warning. Since then, nothing.

My wife was pulled over about two months ago because she forgot to out her lights on. Also let off with a warning.

Thrilling stories, I know.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2018 at 5:09 PM, Sketchywolf-13 said:

I'm a truck driver, YES!

Sketchy, You say it like they pull you over all the time, being pulled in for inspection because you drove for SWIFT doesn't count, and its not like you can get a speeding ticket on the highway why your truck has a governor on it. I've only been driving Class A for 2 years now, still haven't gotten a ticket for it, my last ticket was back in 2013 for going 80 on the freeway.

I won't go into detail but as it turns out, putting your rum into a coffee doesn't fool the breathalyzer... I have to take the bus now

why am I the only one who's done something that stupid?

Edited by kaiser5578

On 2018-04-05 at 3:54 AM, Nyactis Mewcis Catlum said:

My mom got pulled over while I was in the car.

She still resents me for the fact I blabbed that she never usually wears her seatbelt to this day.

Not wearing a seatbelt is legal. Minor’s not wearing seatbelts can get the driver in trouble.

On 4/30/2018 at 8:09 PM, Pr0m4NV14 said:

Not wearing a seatbelt is legal. Minor’s not wearing seatbelts can get the driver in trouble.

It isn't legal in California, which is where I live. You get a ticket if you are 16 or older and you are not wearing a seatbelt.

In the four years of having a driver's license, I have never been pulled over by a cop. I try to follow the rules and play it safe, so hopefully I won't ever run into any trouble with the police. 

• Brohoof 2

Not really. One was parked by a stop sign I went through a little quick once and he motioned me to roll my window down as I drove by, so I slowed down, opened my window and he just said not to do it again before letting me continue on my way. I'd not really call it being "pulled over", though.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Only once, reckless driving for my speed alone (85+ mph in my state). Wasn't too big of a deal honestly as it was the morning, but going over 100 mph on the Interstate is a bad idea. He clocked me at 97 (Coming around the turn I slowed a bit) though he took pity on me for my reason and my record thus far.

All came down to a stupid Physic Summer class I was taking for university, ended up sleeping in an hour past class start of which there was an exam that day. Funny thing was, I memorized all the cop locations on the route, but I totally didn't think of it at the time. He knocked my speed down to 87 and just gave me a ticket, the ticket was expensive but far better than the alternative. Got me a good 6 out of 12 points on my license too, so that definitely keeps me a more reasonable driver. If he got me for the speed he clocked me at my license probably would have been suspended, but I can't remember the law on it exactly.

Lesson I learned is don't drink the night before class or an exam and keep your speed reasonable. 

(edited)
On 4/28/2018 at 11:04 AM, Roughtek said:

Sketchy, You say it like they pull you over all the time, being pulled in for inspection because you drove for SWIFT doesn't count, and its not like you can get a speeding ticket on the highway why your truck has a governor on it. I've only been driving Class A for 2 years now, still haven't gotten a ticket for it, my last ticket was back in 2013 for going 80 on the freeway.

How often do you drive in California? I used to drive for a small company here, and we had our own dedicated lawyer to combat the bullshit traffic tickets. CHP look at commercial truckers and see dollar signs, the pack of dicks. Got a total of 6 tickets in the two years that I drove truck. 5 of them the Judge called bullshit on and threw out. 

Edited by Twiggy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...