Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How much do you trash talk?

Dark Bun

64 users have voted

1. 1. How much do you trash talk?

• I don't stop, scrub.
    • During any online game or competitive activity irl.
    • Sometimes online.
    • But... that's mean...
    • Other?

We've all done this time to time, so tonight (or today depending on where you live) I ask you how much, or do you even, trash talk?

Personally, just trash talking ironically is pretty fun to me  B)

• Brohoof 1

I do it very very very rarely. I don't hold grudges, nor do I get angry exceptionally easily - the only times I trash talk are when others trash talk at me non-stop, or when someone does something to completely piss me off (generally hurting someone I care about - they can trash talk me for all I care). I dislike doing it though, and always feel terrible after.

Never, doesn't matter what it's about, gives the person doing it a bad image as well as the community he/she is associated with, this has become very true for numerous game communities and is a major reason why I've left some.

• Brohoof 1

I get "hype," I get excited, I gloat and get pumped, jump around and get into whatever it is I'm doing. But I don't trash talk, I'd rather show someone up and do it honorably, and be like, "Ooh, you got shown up, he didn't even respect you enough to say something." 

Talk is cheap in my opinion

Sometimes..when playing league of legends, but usually only if the other team is doing it too, or someone else on my team is.

Well, it depends on the situation. If I'm in a bad mood, and someone is pissing me off, I'll blow off some steam. Mostly on other sites, like YT, derpibooru, and 4chan, though.

I keep a level head here, though. Most people are chill here ^_^

Like OP I do it to josh around with friends. I'm a bit crass so sometimes I come off as a bit harsh when I don't mean to be. In League I trash talk all the time. I never really insult people seriously.

• Brohoof 1

I don't. 

What I do is talk about people behind their backs to others who mutually agree about those people. It helps alleviate the tension of the negative opinions we feel without hurting that person's feelings. We usually don't deal with people we talk about directly anyway. It's typically just some quick comments on a silly/stupid thing we think a random stranger's done. 

If I do say something negatively to someone directly, it is typically a serious situation in which I would title my words "a scolding" rather than trash talk.

I trash talk all the time to my friends. The thing is though, they know it is in jest. Besides, it's never offensive trash talk, just fun trash talk.

An example from one of my steam chats (Friend's name left anonymous for his own safety):

Friend: They're like most things; great when in moderation.
Smarts: Moderation is for skrubs
Smarts: and you have the audacity to name call me?
Smarts: effin skrublord
Friend: kek

when playing with friends

or when the my team are being trolls especially when i play rank at League of Legends

most of the time i just mute people when they trash talk me so i can play at peace

I only do this under two very specific circumstances: One is on Youtube, if someone is being a hardcore anti-brony and bringing up the usual horrible things that those type of bullies say, I will respond in a clever way that is kinda like trash talking but in a more subtle way. It is fun. :3

Secondly is just friendly trash talking to friends during games. :P

I trash talk, a lot. I normally do it because everyone around me is used to it and it helps me to relieve anger or stress. 

before I started trash talking, my Xbox controller hit the floor or wall too many times. aka, i broke it, severely. 

I can't trash talk. When I speak, I do so with a very straight face and tend to have a very deadpan voice; thusly, people have difficulty telling whether or not I'm joking. If I say something that could be considered "trash talk", it's just me insulting you flat-out. Online, it's easier for me to be more nuanced and subtle, so I'll do it with friends during the rare times I play co-op games, but it's more just sarcasm and teasing than trash talk.

I never learned how to trash talk, actually. Sure I can claim I'll beat them in Mario Kart, but the second my friends begin to trash talk I'm at a road block. Sure I can try trash-talking back, but I've learned that keeping my mouth shut saves me the embarrassment.

On rare occasions, either with friends or when the enemy team was trash talking you but then lose  ^_^ then the trash talking commences