Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you prefer to wake up?

Grtxkkyz

Well, for this utterly random thread, the topic is, how do you prefer to wake up after sleeping, whether it's a good night's sleep or just a little nap? Most people usually stretch and do some little exercises, while others just straight get up from bed and start their business. Not gonna lie, I usually don't stretch and prefer to straight wake up and begin my everyday life, but I do stretch my legs sometimes.

• Brohoof 2

Well, if I am using an alarm clock, I almost subconciously hit snooze every 5 minutes for around 30-45 minutes, then I usually force myself to get up and do stuff in the bathroom to get ready for the day.

If there isnt an alarm, I lay in bed half concious until my body insists that I get up and do stuff in the bathroom to get ready for the day.

On a standard school morning, I actually (believe it or not), have 7 alarms. The reason for that is because I tend to simply stop my alarm instead of snooze, and I never remember doing it either.  :derp:

After the forceful waking up from 7 alarms, I get up and eat (I'm always starving in the morning). Then I proceed to do my usual boring morning routine.

My preferred way to wake up is loooooong and slow.  :squee:

When I don't have anything to do for the day, I like to spend a long time, usually around an hour, of just lying down and trying to get back to sleep.

When I've got plans for the day early in the morning, like for school, I do the same thing but only for around 10 or 15 minutes.

I've tried using alarm clocks, but they never work for me.

I wake up at around 5 on a school day and look at the time...then I'm like "Yus! I have loads of time!"
Then I fall back asleep, and wake up again at around 8, and I have only 15 minutes to get ready or I'll miss the bus. So, obviously, I stay in bed for another 12 minutes. Then I rush about the house desperately getting my clothes and skipping breakfast (I do that a lot...cereal is...ew...) And barge out of the door with messy hair and a tired face. SCHOOL! :D

• Brohoof 2

if I wake up before my alarm, I lay in bed, trigger my pony hypnosis, and snuggle with my "snuggle blanket" pretending it is Vinyl Scratch.

I know, I am odd, but damn, it is sooooo comforting.

I prefer to wake up without being interrupted by my alarm. But when it goes off, I lie in bed for an extra hour, daydreaming.

I like being woken up by someone, such as my dogs :)

I stretch a bit and then splash water in my face to fully wake up  :D

On a school day, I usually get up right away, because if I don't I'll most likely fall right back asleep. For this reason, I have to set about seven or eight alarms five or six minutes apart. During the weekend or summer, I wake up without an alarm, and usually lay in bed for about thirty minutes, either browsing around the Internet or cuddling up to my dog until I hear someone moving around outside my room.

I wake up, stretch for about 5 minutes, lay there staring at the ceiling for 10 minutes, then I reach for the tablet and check up on things. It is a standard routine for me unless I am in an extremely good mood upon waking up, in which case I might get up immediately. Alas, that doesn't happen often.