Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Can you handle alcohol?

ManaMinori

I'm 31, and have probably drank two-thirds of my total lifetime intake after curling matches when the captain insists on buying a drink for everyone (either as a celebration, or as a consolation).  

I'm pretty tiny for a dude, and I've not put any effort into building tolerance.  I'm good for one beer, but one and a half is enough for me to feel bad.  

The single best thing to do when you know you've had too much?

Watch My Little Pony, of course!

Heck, that's how I started watching the show! 

Edited by Cheval

I've already commented, but after doing another test I can handle one 40 oz 8% ABV beer(Or Malt Liquor if you prefer) and a quarter before I become drunk. I can be quite coherent for the most part when talking to people, but I would never trust myself to drive even after such amount. Ended up buying 10 40's as well, gonna see how long it takes me to drink them(Found an old Meijers card to support such).

Being someone that has been everywhere on the drunk spectrum I can say that I can handle it... okay. 

I don't normally care to drink but a couple of rambunctious, fun energy bachlorette parties have turned me into "That Girl" on more than one occasion.

When I'm at home though I pretty much have a scientific method for my drunkeness to drink ratio.

I've been tipsy a couple of times but never drunk. I can handle some alcohol but I can't handle Vodka nor Tequila very well as it's too heavy for a light weight person such as myself. I can't drink on an empty stomach either or else I'll get tipsy and end up loosing it to the bathroom.

I've been tipsy a couple of times but never drunk. I can handle some alcohol but I can't handle Vodka nor Tequila very well as it's too heavy for a light weight person such as myself. I can't drink on an empty stomach either or else I'll get tipsy and end up loosing it to the bathroom.

Vodka and Tequila is nasty so don't worry about that(To me). I drink quite a bit during the week and I have never been able to stand the two unless it was necessary.

Edited by Guardsman Moondancer
  • Brohoof 1

Vodka and Tequila is nasty so don't worry about that(To me). I drink quite a bit during the week and I have never been able to stand the two unless it was necessary.

I thought I was the only person who hates it because when I mentioned that I don't like either of them, you would think I told them I went on a murder spree. :blink: 

I have nothing against people who like them, just as long they don't shove it down my throat(or even literally) and we're cool.

• Brohoof 1

I did recently turn 21, but I don't think I can handle it. My dad was a drunk before he died, so I'm pretty much convinced that it's not for me.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not particularly well, and I don't push it. I'm definitely buzzed after two beers, and that's basically where I call it in due to my silly obsession with maintaining my mental faculties.

I plan to break this rule for Election Day though, since why not.

• Brohoof 1

I'm approximately 3 months from turning 21 (Aug 26th), and I've already told myself I'm not gonna try it because I'm not sure if I could handle it - I just feel I couldn't handle it well perhaps.

(edited)

I've drank one time in my life, and it wasn't pleasant. I'd describe my mood as excited, lightheaded, and rambling. But as the "buzz" started to come down, I began to feel ill. I had one of the worst headaches of my entire life. I felt like I was dying. On top of that, I couldn't fall asleep. It was a terrible experience overall; one that I don't think I'll try again.

I probably had a bit too much to drink which is why it was that severe, but still, I don't see much use for alcohol anyways.

I feel extremely uncomfortable when talking or interacting with someone who's drunk. Alcohol is tied to many bad memories of my childhood that I'd rather not revisit, incarnated into myself. I just try and avoid alcohol in whatever way possible.

Edited by Rivendare

• 3 years later...