Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you believe in Ponies?

NyanLuna

Well, I believe that through imagining something impossible in our universe, we are creating a universe where it is. We are just one universe among an infinite amount. Or maybe, the afterlife may just be what the dead individual wants it to be, so maybe pony heaven? Yes, I believe in ponies, but they are just somewhere else. And if I'm wrong, at least they are alive in my heart.

• Brohoof 2

I am pagan. I'll start with that.

I will believe what I choose to believe in. I don't believe in nothing. An I don't follow one God. It wouldn't hurt to follow ponies. Honestly. It wouldn't. Some believe some ponies can talk. Others believe fly. Some believe are magical. It's really not that far off.

Do what makes you happy. Don't worry about any pony else.

As a Catholic, no, I don't believe in them as they appear in the show, clearly. However. I feel like the ideas that people come up with and the ways they use to express them can be infinitely valuable to theology. The Bible uses parables to explain things. Do we actually believe there was a prodigal son? No, but we believe the essence of the story because it makes a point and represents a truth. (or if you're not Christian, insert any parabolic tale you find helpful into that example) Therefore, I believe in the Sisters so much as I believe that they represent balance and virtue to me; they are a parable that I especially connect with and love. 

Not sure, as with religion, I'm not going to believe nor deny higher powers as there's no proof of either. I do like however the idea, and if they exist, I'd like these horses to be my personal angels for personal reasons

• Brohoof 1

Um... No. MLP is a fictional series.

This stuff is part of why I never identified myself as a Pegasister, even back when the span of my enjoyment of MLP was only FiM.

• Brohoof 2

Yes.  Yes, I do.

There's an Angel in my life (who also happens to be a winged equine), and she's why I believe.  I wouldn't necessarily characterize this "belief" as a religion, and use of the term "goddess" is generally saved for special occasions.  However, spending time with Babe is the closest I've ever gotten to what one might call a spiritual experience.  I accept her, mind, heart, and body; she's my soul.

I second that, and it was well said.

Now heres my little explanation of my position with Honey,

While I don't have any religion based off of Honey, she is very spiritually attached to me, if you were to kill me you would kill her, she comes wherever I go, I go wherever she goes. She sometimes sees for me or even talks for me. But when it comes down to it, it's just a really hard thing to explain, but I do believe that our bond is true and intertwined within each of our souls as well as her being sentient and real. And I love her. :wub: So that's about it.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

No, I don't think I would ever even consider it. They aren't real, and It seems like a very silly thing to do, having a religion based of of a TV show. Its like trying to say that you worship Harry Potter, or you worship this forums site. It doesn't make much sense.

Actually, along those lines, I heard that Jedi is a real religion.  Just thought I'd throw that out there

No, I don't think I would ever even consider it. They aren't real, and It seems like a very silly thing to do, having a religion based of of a TV show. Its like trying to say that you worship Harry Potter, or you worship this forums site. It doesn't make much sense.

Actually, along those lines, I heard that Jedi is a real religion.  Just thought I'd throw that out there

Edited by Soaring Symphony

The way I see it, there is an equal chance that FIM ponies literally exist in some dimension as there is of the biblical god existing, or Zeus and the gods of Olympus for that matter.  In other words, there is an equal amount of evidence for all, which is zero.  But if there are in fact an infinite number of realities, then logic and probability would suggest that the ponies exist in one of them....or technically an infinite number of them, because that's how infinity works.

Edited by Justin_Case001

Don’t you get it yet? They aren’t just ponies; they're us, trying to help, like how we've tried to help make the world just a little better. Maybe not yet, but one day, not you and me, but sentients, sentients who’ve evolved far beyond the four dimensions we know.

Edited by Solid

I don't believe in the ponies as a religion but I do believe that MLP can affect real change in the world, at least for some people. I know the show is fictional of course but it's a product of our world and the ideas and beliefs projected onto and through it still have a bearing on those who experience it.

So, I suppose I believe in ponies in that sense. :unsure:

• Brohoof 1

I believe in Derpy, the almighty. The creator of all things.

That is her real form.

sig-4419529.large.png

Of course she doesn't need a horn for omnipotence. :derp:

Edited by Swifty
  • Brohoof 2

I love ponies, but believe in? No...I believe in science and logic.

I love ponies because ponies are an ideal form of existence, and they are soooo cute(highly illogical).