Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How confident is your OC?

ggg-2

Despite being an Alicorn prince and one of the most muscular ponies in Equestrian history, my OC can have a few confidence issues, mostly when trying to be a good godfather, despite Skyla calling him the best godfather in history.

Kyoshi is me (I think I say this in every thread like this. XD) , so he has confidence problems. He often compares himself with others and for some reason assumes he just is inferior to everyone else, for no reason. Really can impact his enjoyment in some things for sure. Just one of those longtime issues that he has had, or I have had in this case. : P

• Brohoof 1

I don't have an OC yet, but I guess if I did, he would be a lot like me. Nervous and awkward around groups of people, his self esteem would be kind of up and down.. So not high on confidence at all.

Edited by AtomicStone

Kyoshi is me (I think I say this in every thread like this. XD) , so he has confidence problems. He often compares himself with others and for some reason assumes he just is inferior to everyone else, for no reason. Really can impact his enjoyment in some things for sure. Just one of those longtime issues that he has had, or I have had in this case. : P

Strange considering his facial expressions in both your avatar and signature. XD He looks so sure of himself, just look at that smirk.

• Brohoof 1

Strange considering his facial expressions in both your avatar and signature. XD He looks so sure of himself, just look at that smirk.

Oh yeah, the confidence issues don't always show and he doesn't always feel them, the avatar and sig show examples of moments as such. :)

I would say that Rave is pretty confident in himself. Sometimes rather too confident, but it depends on whether he is on some sort of a good run or not. 

Mesme is pretty confident when it comes to his hunting skills, because no monster in the everfree don't have a chance to lay a finger on him, because they will already be under his spell at that point.

From a social standpoint, he has his problems. He tries to play cool, when talking to a pony. But he sadly has no idea about keeping distances, so he will touch or hug you totally out of the blue and that could put some ponies off and might damage Mesmes confidence.

Oh, this is a fascinating question!

Luther Blackwater is FULL of determination; if he pushes hard enough, there IS no such thing as 'no'.

Vylia Blackwater sees no challenge to her authority that she considers worthwhile.

Harcourt Blackwater is a bit OVERconfident; he thinks himself to be unstoppable.

Dax Blackwater is mostly a pushover... but there's a reserve of confidence in him that he saves for when it's really needed.

Oglevy Blackwater is a rather boisterous colt... so yeah, confidence out the yin-yang.

Mine is pretty confident in their craft, but outside of that they do have some confidence issues. She's definitely not a confident leader for example, nor a confident decision maker.

I created two OCs that work well off of each other in this regard. Wind Chaser formerly had crippling self-confidence issues until he got his cutie mark, now he's more of a bated breath, high hopes/low expectations sort of character with a very cautious optimism. Vested Interest has the sort of confidence necessary for a salespony, as well as someone who needed to support her family in dire straights. You don't really know how much confidence you need until you face real adversity, and she's somepony who knows that well.

Lace - Is my ponysona, so is mostly confident, altho she does sometimes suffer from depression and low self esteem at times.

Just for fun, here's how a few of my OCs stand up.

Clover - In regards to social occasions, using her magic talent and performing her princess duties, she's confident. When flying, she's very nervous and has to concentrate hard as she's terrified of heights and isn't a natural flyer.

Diego - Overconfident, to the point of arrogance and irritating compulsive behaviour.

Jinx - Very confident, and can get conceited on occasion.

Jay - Nervous to the point of shyness, not confident at all.

My oc, Dynamo Pad is just like me and he is confident when it comes to playing video games. There are times where he doubts himself when facing others in games and sometimes loses confidence in himself. When it comes to social skills he can be a bit shy and has some confidence issues when it comes to talking to others.

My OC is poorly confident with others, specially with "It's your word against mine" situations. He has an inferiority complex, and backs away when being contradicted on, EVEN IF HE'S RIGHT

Cuddle is as confident in her abilities as ever. But can sometimes overestimate her abilities...

Bright is super confident... But is also overly nice, so he'd probably back down on a lot of things.

Silent is well... He doesn't talk. So he really keeps to himself, but is confident in is abilities when it comes to flight.

Despite all appearances, Sunburn doesn't really act much like me. Overall, he is confident enough when interacting with equines. He's also confident enough that his resourcefulness will get him out of a sticky situation or avoid one altogether.

Erythema on the other hand has issues with confidence when it comes to interacting with equines other than her brother but she's very confident when it comes to doing her job as a firefighter (though that is never reflected through words but rather through her actions in how she moves without a lick of hesitation).

Jackie doesn't put much stock in confidence or pride. She knows what she is capable of and doesn't like to test limits, as it could result in injury. She isn't confident, but she doesn't let it hinder her work ethic.

Edited by x0jackie0x

Oh this is fun! Let me go down my list.

Pristine Revolver, having the ego she has, is very confident in herself and often times a bit too confident.

Zeal Crown is pretty confident, but she knows what fields she should be in.

Alpha Zero is hardly confident. She's always needing a boost from her friends and team.

Flare Star is deservedly confident, especially in the way she looks. She puts a lot of time into her skills and craft.

Flyby is confident, as he must be to be the leader of his pegasi racing team.

Qucik Stance is not so confident. Always wanting the acceptance of others, he's constantly slightly fearful of his skills.

Wilbow is confident when she's in a familiar position. For being as inexperienced in life as she is, she also knows her boundaries.

Zamunda is especially confident just like Pristine. Unlike Pristine though, he is aware of what he doesn't know.

Stega is not so confident. Being in a new area with no one like her, she is also scared a lot.

I love questions like these! It helps build character to OCs and gives them more to think about.

As Stormlight being a ponified version of me, we both have our share of being confident in ourselves, though other times not as confident.

She can be confident if she sees the ponoes she cares about being happy and well, but will costantly have trouble if she's feeling down or overthinking.