Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Everybody say bronies are gay what do you think?

DerpBrony

It's just an attempt at insulting the fandom. But, it doesn't work for two reasons.

1. Being gay isn't an insult, nor a bad thing. The only bronies who'd get insulted by that claim are homophobes or insecure straights.
2. Not all fans of this show are gay. Hell, I've met bronies that hate on homosexuals.

Edited by Princess Panzy

7 hours ago, Princess Panzy said:

The only bronies who'd get insulted by that claim are homophobes or insecure straights.

I wouldn't call them homophobes or insecure straights. If someone takes offense it's because they're being inaccurately portrayed. Straight people don't want to be called homosexuals any more than homosexuals want to be called straight. In the latter case I wouldn't call a homosexual a heterophobe or insecure homosexual. People are what they are. If anyone takes umbrage it's likely because of the intent of the insult rather than the content. If someone sets out to be insulting, it's annoying. That's just the nature of it, regardless of anyone's sexual orientation.

Personally I'm not insulted in either case because I simply don't care. 

Edited by Dreambiscuit

• 2 years later...

Everybody keep saying things, but I refuse to listen to them. It is not so bad to be gay if you ask me. There are worse words they can call us which I cannot say on this forum

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

I'm bi, and I would not be insulted because it's been forever since I last got my panties in a twist over stupid shit like that. :maud: It doesn't bother me anymore that I do slightly fit the stereotype, especially with the world now handing out actual problems like they're candy. 

..but gay and bi are different right?

9 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

I'm bi, and I would not be insulted because it's been forever since I last got my panties in a twist over stupid shit like that. :maud: It doesn't bother me anymore that I do slightly fit the stereotype, especially with the world now handing out actual problems like they're candy. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would say there are many LGBT bronies as the entire subculture revolves around acceptance and you know being who you are really. This might perhaps give the impression that a lot of bronies are gay but reality is very few are actually so you know given the statistics it is wrong.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I agree! I'm a Brony, and I got used to liking the color pink in 2020 and Pinkie Pie, but I'm still Heterosexual, which means that I'm still attracted to girls more than men. And I believe that boys can like pink without being gay. I promote anti-gender and sexuality stereotyping. I also think when the Pegasisters entered the scene, I think Bronies started to become less-gay.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

At first I've stopped a long time ago to pay too much attention to what people say. Then I'm a heterosexual male, so much for the statement.

I think people who say this have never looked into this show and have prejudices. The connection between ones sexuality and a cartoon show which puts en emphasis on emotions, friendship is absurd in my opinion. Humans need to deal with emotions and relationships everyday, so what's wrong with this subject?

*including the fight between Twi and Tirek at the end of season 4*

This show has more to offer what those people would expect.

• Brohoof 2

There's many ways you can see this....

First of all it's rude to say to a straight person that they are gay...

Second what do they mean by gay? Being happy? Why yes watching mlp makes people gay...pfft..sorry.

Being happy is good..*retains pokerface.*:squee:

Letter c. It is rude for gay people to call other none gay people and shaming them, because that will imply that they're gender is the worst. 

Sure we have different Views. You can hate their view off things, But you don't need to hate the person. 

Like people hating pineapple s.... What did they even do to you... But that doesn't mean I hate the person...yet...

28 minutes ago, Quinch said:

Well, ponies fill me with joy, so I can honestly say that regardless of my mood from moment to moment, My Little Pony makes me totally gay.

I'm laughing in a good way btw

Last time I’ve checked, liking pastel horses has nothing to do with gender nor sexuality. Also applies to liking traditionally manly works of fiction like Duke Nukem or Terminator, and MLP not being mutually exclusive. And I’m a super straight male :proud:

48 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Last time I’ve checked, liking pastel horses has nothing to do with gender nor sexuality. Also applies to liking traditionally manly works of fiction like Duke Nukem or Terminator, and MLP not being mutually exclusive. And I’m a super straight male :proud:

True! And isn't it more questionable for a straight guy liking superman or gi Joe?

I could care less about what they think.

If anything I think they should come up with a better “insult”. If gay is the best they can come up with then I almost pity them.

1 hour ago, AppleButt said:

Well I’m not gay so that automatically makes them wrong.  

Not that being gay is an insult or anything, though. 

Well, depending on the individual... sure some people use it as an insult. That doesn't make it correct.

One of the things that the normies hate about Bronies, beyond them being fans of a kids show, is that there are men who have emotional or sexual feelings for pastel Ponies who are WOMEN. Say what you want about that, but it should be evidence enough that "gay" isn't the right descriptor. That fact is completely lost on the haters though.

More often than not, I've seen "gay" wielded as some generalized slang insult that doesn't have anything with homosexuality. This trend seems to have decreased overtime, but I've seen "gay" thrown around to describe any and every kind of deviation from the status quo. Not long ago (and in some cases, still today), a male in school could get called gay for:

• Crushing on a female cartoon/Anime character
  • Being a fan of anything sci-fi or fantasy
  • Disinterest in sports / focusing on studies
  • Disinterest in beating the snot out of other males to establish their place in the pecking order
  • Disinterest in alcohol, cigarettes, or marijuana
  • Not having a girlfriend (as if there was anyone in that cesspool they likely would have even considered dating)
  • Being involved in theater
  • Listening to 'boy bands'
  • Wearing anything pink, purple, or red
  • Eating a hotdog with ONLY ketchup on it (yes, this was actually somehow a thing in the tri-state area)

What can you really say about it, besides... the majority of humans are complete idiots?

You'll also notice that curiously, many things on that list of "smoking guns" is identical to the list of "transgressions against society" that would make one guilty of the crime of being a nerd. This is definitely not a coincidence.