Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Are you registered to vote in this election?

jackleapp81

39 users have voted

1. 1. Are you currently registered to vote?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't think my vote would actually matter, so what's the point? The whole system is corrupt.

This is the third presidential election I've been registered during, and also the third I have voted. I voted absentee a few weeks or so ago.

My state is a lost cause, though. Seeing as my state always votes 100% Republican and the election is run through the electoral college my vote is completely meaningless. I can only hope that my votes on the state questions helped. In fact, I voted almost entirely for the state question that wants to do away with the separation of church and state. It will take a 'miracle' for such a state as mine to vote properly, against that state question. >.> But I tried.

• 3 years later...
On 11/8/2016 at 8:54 AM, Envy said:

This is the third presidential election I've been registered during, and also the third I have voted. I voted absentee a few weeks or so ago.

My state is a lost cause, though. Seeing as my state always votes 100% Republican and the election is run through the electoral college my vote is completely meaningless. I can only hope that my votes on the state questions helped. In fact, I voted almost entirely for the state question that wants to do away with the separation of church and state. It will take a 'miracle' for such a state as mine to vote properly, against that state question. >.> But I tried.

The bizarre thing is that state question did not pass. But my soul got crushed that evening anyway by the god awful presidential election result. Jesus Christ. Don't do it again, America.

Not register to vote nor planning too. I can give two shit about who’s going to be the president or congressmen or whatever. In all my 29 years nothing much has changed in my life except my own personal agendas. so that’s that. There will always be problems and stupid people and called me selfish or arrogant but it’s beyond my reach to do something about it. In other words, I stop caring. It’s best to worry about my own problems in which, most of the time, got nothing to be with politic drama anyways. If there’s something I could do that I know that can make a little difference I will do it. Example for covid 19: stay home, wear masks, wash hands. Check check check. Till then, I’d work and make living for myself and family. That’s what really matters right now.

• Brohoof 1

Not in the town I currently live in (I am registered in the town I grew up in, where my parents still live). I've never voted, but I might vote this year if the Libertarians actually run a good candidate this time.

(edited)

Yes, always have been :P .

Will I vote :ooh: ?... 

tenor.gif

I’ll still vote for my congressional districts and senators, as for the presidential... We’ll see :wacko: .

Edited by BBolt ⚡️

I'm registered to vote tho I don't bother with primaries.

7 hours ago, Princess of Bolts 🔥 said:

Nah, voting is pointless. Your one vote never seems to have much of an effect anyway

Yeah but it's kinda fun to write in Drew Brees (New Orleans Saints quarterback) for all of the local elections. Recently started writing in MLP characters.  :BrightMacContent:

No because in the state of Minnesota you don't need to register to vote before elections, you can literally just show up the day of the vote and go in and vote. It's how I voted in the mid-terms, I didn't register beforehand for that. >_>

If you can vote, you should vote. It is the real benefit of having democracy. It doesn't matter who you vote for, just be part of it and vote.

If you do not vote, then your vote is "I do not care". In that case, you can't complain about the winner. If you voted and your candidate lost, well, then you can complain.

Obviously, I do not live in the US, so I am not going to vote in that election, however, there'll be an election in my country this year as well. I will be one of the first people to put my vote in the box (only because if I go at 07:00 when the polling station opens there is practically no line).

• Brohoof 1

Nope. This election is a total waste of time. Both candidates are worthless trash and we all know Trump is going to win again anyway, so why should I even care at this point.

9 hours ago, Pentium100 said:

If you do not vote, then your vote is "I do not care". In that case, you can't complain about the winner. If you voted and your candidate lost, well, then you can complain.

Reminder: In terms of the presidential election, our votes do not matter. Unless our votes determine the electoral decision, which as far as I am aware is not the case, then our votes mean basically nothing.

It's true, I live in a solid Republican state, meaning my vote for presidents is always voided. My vote has 0% weight in the current system.

I'll still vote, though.