Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music What kind of music to you listen to?

Silver_Bolt42

A nice mixture of rock, progressive, grunge, and alternative. Occasionally electronic and ambient stuff, too, as well as the occasional metal artist.

I'd say my top 5 artists at the moment are:

1. Foo Fighters

2. Radiohead

3. U2

4. Rush

5. Pearl Jam

Honorable mention for Paramore and pre-2011 Coldplay :D

My taste in music is all over the place. Put my library on shuffle, and you may very well get bluegrass, punk, jazz, rap, classic country, new wave and classic rock one right after the other.

There's probably more rock on it than anything, but I'm not much of a metal fan.

I listen to a lot of classic rock music plus some 80's rock music, and select few legends from after the 80's like Adele, *NSYNC, Matchbox Twenty, and Chris Daughtry.

pretty open to everything. but i enjoy more rock style genres. Pretty much the old school stuff on Kerrang. But I also have been enjoying dance/trance/electronic music in the last couple of years. I do love what the Brony fandom can come up with.

oh and english folk. My family are very folk focused - Mum's a folk singer now and I do her backing vocals, so yeah. Its not what you think at all. theres some really good songs and music in the world of folk. 

Ugh.. Where do I begin?

Will just list up genres.

Retro

Eurobeat <-- Currently most listened to genre, as far as last year is concerned, anyway

J-Pop

J-Rock

J-Trance

J-Core

Trance,Techno, Dance, some House

Metal

Rock

Some of the most listened to genres, although I am not picky when it comes to music. Good song and/or artist? I listen, I don't care one bit about the genre.

Edited by Autism is Cute AF

A myriad of different genres really, if it sounds good to me, I'll listen.

Although to be blunt, I'd probably say I listen to Alternative/Indie, Metal and Rock music above all else, although Pop and Dance have been squeezing their way into my listening habits.

I don't have a particular genre that I listen to more often than others. Before I had this dislike of hip-hop but after listening to several artists I realized that people are misunderstanding it as "mindless", like how people called rock'n'roll back in the 60s. Most songs actually send out a real message, hip-hop included; they just do them in different ways. 

While it's okay to have preferences people should be careful not to limit themselves on what they should hear and what they shouldn't. 

I try to listen to a lot, even if I only like a few songs or artists from a few genres. 

The biggest 3 are:

-Soundtracks/scores

-(Power) Metal

-Classical and Military

In addition, I do like some of the older country stuff like Marty Robbins. In terms of rap, I can't say I really like any, I really cannot get behind dubstep, but I do like some house-like stuff. Some classic Rock n' roll is also good, some indie stuff, and even a tiny bit of pop music. It really all depends. :P 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I love classic rock, country, some pop, and sometimes metal if I'm in the mood.  I like a lot of electronic, dubstep, and dance too.

Edited by Lucky Bolt

• 2 weeks later...

For well over half a decade now my music tastes have mostly been orinetated around different styles of electronic dance music starting back listening to Scooter back when my mum first introduced me to them back probably about 7-8 years ago now, since then I've been through different phases of Techno, Hardstyle, Dubstep, Mainstrem EDM and more recently Bass House and UK Garage. However as of recently I've found myself listening to more and more rap stuff; more specifically Pouya, $uicideboy$, Fat Nick, and quite a few more artists in that specific scene. Hopefully I don't loose interest in EDM, that probably wouldn't be a great trope for a DJ to aquire haha.

Related Link:

You should listen to Lindsey Stirling.I hardly ever listen to music or watch videos,but I have been hooked on her for...I don't know how long.SHE IS AWESOME!!!😄