Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

least favorite thing about your sex/gender

Zyrael

The often need to shave facial hair can be a bit annoying, but otherwise i am fine with it :P

And the... uh... that, when randomly rises. That is really annoying sometimes. (i know i am just a teen, but geesh)

• Brohoof 2

I don't mind anything, actually, most of the things that I could dislike about my body aren't too important to me:D

What society expects of men. As a man, I am expected to be this emotionless, overly-masculine, dimwitted, and ignorant stump of a human being when, in reality, I'm none of those things. I'd rather watch a show with colorful magical ponies than go out and, as my father put it, "be a man."

Also, shaving is a real pain because my facial hair grows in really thick, especially my beard.

• Brohoof 3

female here, and its the hair removal I hate the most -_- and the being judged because certain areas arent smooth. screw today's society. 

Also at the moment in this day and age, Tomboy is dead. Im a tomboy, but in media its considered lesbian or trans. =/ im not though. im a straight natural girl who enjoys being boyish. 

• Brohoof 4

For me, it would be when my body overall suffers from various aches and pains associated with my age. Sure, I'm not fond of having to shave every single morning, but those aches and pains are my biggest gripe.

• Brohoof 1

On 6/1/2017 at 10:28 PM, GrimGrimoire said:

The ridiculous stereotypes.

I couldn't agree more. 

How much girls can be  catty... I am so over girl drama over the smallest things that's not going to matter in like 5 years! Like please grow up... 

also body hair :D 

Well, man have a 4 year shorter lufe expectency then women, so that kinda sucks. But overall, I'am pretty okay with it, it's just kinda annoying to see everyone complaining about how their sex have it harder. Both have atventages and disatventages. I mean I don't have to deal with periode bleeding every month, I imagine this to be quite horrible. I can also lie on my belly, since I don't have annoying breasts hanging on me. Man also like to take bigger risks, that's why mist big accomplishments, as well as failures were caused by man. 

It's also annoying when gzys say that they aren't allowed to show emotions. Of course you can show emotions, I mean no one likes an emotionless person, or someone who is always happy, that would be kinda creepy. Man are just expected to be emtionally more stabile, which they are. I probably need to cry only once a year or so, I think women cry much more then that. Man are supposed to protect women, that's not because of our society, that's evolution. Just imagine two groups of people, each of them consist of 10 women and 10 men. In one group, 9 man die, in the other, 9 women die. Now think, which group can grow back to it's original size faster? That's right, the group with the one lucky man left. That's why our society is mire protective towards women. We have gender roles, they were always there, and you just got one by coincidence, just like a coin toss that was made before your life began. None is better or worse, they're just different.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Periods and cramps.

That I have to be afraid when I'm walking alone outside at night.

Getting denied for jobs you know you could do, but they won't hire you because you're a girl.

Sexual harassment on the streets and internet, basically everywhere.

Getting hated for playing games that "only guys can play properly".

Getting slut-shamed if you ever show your boobies in public on a hot day, because clearly girls cannot do that as it arouses men.

Shall I continue???? This is not drama, this is the reality of being a female and I don't want to hear any complaints. I have experience af to back this up.

Edited by chili
  • Brohoof 3

stereotypes... especially being really feminine (heh, I trans :P) and being a really shy and anxious person, it sucks when society expects you to "man up" or "stop being a wimp" etc. :wat:

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

*Bump* :3

My 6 least favorite things about being biologically male (I have discussed it before, in no particular order):

• All of this body hair... It is disgusting and I wish it would all just disappear and never come back...
  • The expectation of you to be manly and macho. I'm a bit more delicate than that. Just a bit.
  • The larger larynx. It's actually irritating and annoys me greatly.
  • The apparent expectation of the male sex to be complete idiots that only care about sports. I'm very far from either one.
  • Also, men seem to be pretty discouraged by society from being expressive.
  • My voice. It sounds fine and all, but it definitely sounds way too deep to suit me. 
  • Brohoof 3

Balls.(testicles). Are a pain in my balls. That's why us men have too spread our legs. Otherwise we smash our balls. It f**king sucks. And getting kicked in the balls f**king hurts. I cringe every time I see a dude get kicked in the balls. If you're a girl you might not understand. But yeah balls are my only gripe about my gender. The other apendage is great. Just the balls suck. 

• Brohoof 2

I'm just gonna say this for both genders, (though i have complaints about being female, too, and it's not periods), but my BIGGEST COMPLAINT is people, no matter what gender that are or choose to be, can't be who they want. Guys who want to be manly, feminine, cross-dress, or literally anything else can be, and women who want to be manly, feminine, cross, or anything else, should be able to! My family is methodist by religion, which is a branch of Christianity, so they don't believe in guys marrying guys or women marrying women, even though they've seen it with their own eyes! but y'know, i'm not gonna stop trying to make them believe it soon.

(edited)

Masculinity pressure, facial hair grows too quickly, sexism against us is OK, and two........ "weak points" 

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 1

The uterus. Just the whole damn thing.

The periods are entirely for its benefit. It's responsible for getting us pregnant, at which point we are flooded with hormones which literally drive us insane, along with forcing our body to morph to its will during the pregnancy.

Then there's child birth. Yeah, I don't need to say any more.

• Brohoof 1

Sweating. Yeah, men sweat more than women, and it's just not fun. You don't (at least I don't) have to do that much physical exertion for I'm drenched. And I don't even live in a humid area, so...yeah, you can probably see my point.

My voice is a bit deeper than I wish it was...societal stereotypes are annoying of course...and facial and body hair are...a little inconvenient I guess? But really, I can't say I have much to complain about.

(edited)

Everybody espects me to be cool and show no emotions of fair and sadness. Sweating, shaving my beard. But I don't really care. If I was a women I would have had problems too. :orly:

Edited by Hierok

(edited)

Another word...Underestimated. I've had people say "No you didn't." to me, when I talk about how I stripped down two dead computers and made one good one we used as a media player before I sold it. If my eyes weren't so bad, I'd do it again! Yes, I can even use a soldering iron! I can change a tire, too. My dad taught me years ago. It's very easy.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 4

Any of the stereotypes associated with masculinity such as being into sports (I don't care about most sports), liking gross things such as bugs or dirt (I find anything like that repulsive), and having a tough and stupid personality (which I have neither of).

• Brohoof 1