Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do You Prefer Being Alone or Being Around Other People?

Lucky Bolt

I totally need both! Can't live completely on my own without friends. But I also can't be with them 24/7. :yay:

But the thing is though... Being with strangers never fulfills me. Never. Only closer friends make me happy. Finding those friends is my goal and driving force and reason for me being so open. But the good thing is, that this goal makes everything inbetween super exciting as well. :)

• Brohoof 3

I am a rather solitude personality, so being alone is not bothersome. I don't mind being around people, I do seek being around people I care for like my girlfriend and best friend. But too many is too many, especially if they are strangers~

• Brohoof 1

I love being in good company and going out on fun adventures, playing board games or just catching up one-on-one, but there are definitely times when I really crave some solid alone time when I wanna knock out a few chapters, or even just to relax. It's hard to say whether I prefer one over the other, I think it just comes down to how I'm feeling! Gotta have that healthy balance.

• Brohoof 1

I'm a bit tired of it by now, but ultimately yeah I'd say I still prefer being alone. I feel more comfortable and safe this way, as I'm free to do whatever I want and I don't have to worry about anyone else at all. On the other hand, I've basically been alone for as long as I can remember, only ever having a small taste of what it's like to be with others, and frankly I wish I could have more of that.

• Brohoof 2

Sole days I prefer being alone, other days I prefer being around people. But for the most part I prefer my own company :kindness:

• Brohoof 1

I prefer being alone at some places but not always, as I'm on the computer and my phone all the time. Fortunate from being alone, I would like to hang around with some of my friends and some other people at sometimes whom I will recognize with their familiar faces and their shoes as well. That means when I'm in school, college, parks, or other official events; then I may recognize who they are to me, including when I last saw them.

Edited by Allen

I'm mostly an introvert person so I need to stay alone for a consistent portion of time after being around people for some time. But it happens that I pass most of my time alone and then I crave for social interactions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

It depends. I like to be alone but it gets lonely, and even with people it feels lonely because everyone else is in their own syntony and I'm just there like another decoration and that can feel worse.

So it would be ideal if I could be alone without feeling lonely because at any time I could have the knowledge that there's people that like to share their time with me in actual company.

I prefer to be around people. I don't really like having to be with someone all day who constantly wants to talk though. I like having other people around but like to do my own thing.

It's weird because I thought I would like living alone, I bought a house in 2016 (payment isn't much more than a 1 bedroom apartment in the area) but the alone thing is turning out for shit. Usually I stop by my parents on the way home from work for a while. This year being total shit sure doesn't help- too much alone time with all this BS takes my mind bad places:confused:.

• Brohoof 1

I'm more of a loner, being the antisocial introvert that I am.

Of course there is the occasion where I want company and will actively seek it out, as humans are one of the most social species. And there are many pros of being able to socialize properly as well.