Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do You Prefer Being Alone or Being Around Other People?

Lucky Bolt

So, which do you prefer? Do you enjoy being around other people, or do you feel happiest when you're alone by yourself? As for me, I'm happiest when I'm around other people. Don't get me wrong, every once in a while some alone time is nice, but I prefer being around others most of the time. :D 

• Brohoof 2

I am very specific on this. In terms of people in general, I tend to like my alone time and having my space. Being in crowded spaces makes me really nervous. If it is someone that is close to me though, like my boyfriend or hanging out with my brother, then I don't mind at all. It is always nice to be around people you care about.

• Brohoof 6

Ahhh, this is actually a bit of a hard question for me. I definitely prefer working alone. If I'm trying to do stuff, I would prefer it if everyone just left me alone to think. But when it's just me bored, doing nothing, I like to be around other people.

• Brohoof 1

I'm kind of weird lol. I either like to be 100% alone with no other human or animal life even in earshot of me OR I like to be in insanely crowded areas with TONS of other people (like literally hundreds if not thousands) with the spotlight constantly being on me. In other words, I'm a total diva (and self admitted attention whore :P ).

I absolutely hate going 1-on-1 with another person. The fewer people, the worse; and this goes doubly for making speeches. I would say about 15-20 people is when I begin to feel somewhat comfortable =^-^= When I interact in a social environment, even on the internet, I much, MUCH prefer being able to bounce off several people at once. I love going in game on MMOs and talking about outlandish things in Trade chat since I know the entire population of the game could in fact be reading it at once, and I'll oftentimes get like 10+ people reacting to my shenanigans /)^3^(\ In IRL situations, the awkward silences that pervade 1-on-1 dialogue makes me super uneasy as I feel the need to say something to fill the space xD 

• Brohoof 1

Sometimes I feel like I'm made up of two separate entities collaborating in the background of my sub-conscious, 

One side likes the people, the parties, the music , the exercise and the adventure.

He craves social interaction and loves being the centre of attention and He would go through mad lengths to please his audience. 

The other side loves the quiet, the games, the cartoons...The Ponies...

and He can't stand speaking to people, He finds it mentally taxing to even attempt to do so....

My head tends to switch between these two "modes" subconsciously , though I've noticed there are certain events that trigger one or the other. 

• Brohoof 2

I prefer solitude over being with other people. I don't mind being social outside of home and stuff, but in my home, I prefer to not be bothered at all

• Brohoof 1

I like being alone, whenever I try to open up its usually to negative consequence, which caused a psychological conditioning when I was younger and when I was older. People annoy me stress me waste my time, they can be fun or nice too, had a fun friend before. Just its easier not to. Same reason why I am single and not looking.

• Brohoof 1

It really depends, but I usually prefer to be around others when said others are my friends. If they're complete strangers, I'll probably not know how to socialize and prefer to be alone.

• Brohoof 1

It depends upon who I would be around. As of late I've preferred to have more time to myself rather than hanging out with folks. I like doing both, it just depends on my mood. 

• Brohoof 1

It depends on a few factors. My current mood, who the people are, the general atmosphere of the place, and my pain levels.  I have chronic pain, and sometimes I can only smile and be nice for so long. I don't like being a bee with a nasty itch to others  with very little reason.

I don't enjoy being in or having a conversion with a  crowd of people I don't know.

I need both. However, I would say I'm happiest when I do have a lot of time to myself. But after a while I do miss being around other people. When I'm out in public I want to be surrounded by people.

This really makes me wonder how on earth I would handle a relationship. Lol.

• Brohoof 1

I enjoy the company of others to an extent. I prefer to be in one-on-one or small group settings with my friends. Parties and crowded rooms with people I don't know make me feel like I am out of my element. I also value having time alone to recoup. As an introvert, I tend to become drained from social activity and need to be by myself with my thoughts from time to time. :) 

• Brohoof 6