Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

what your favorite song of the movie ?

OG CHUCK

favorite song of the movie ?  

40 users have voted

1. 1. what your favorite song of the movie ?

• "We Got This Together"
    • "I'm the Friend You Need"
    • "Time to Be Awesome"
    • "One Small Thing"
    • "Open Up Your Eyes"
    • "Rainbow"
    • ponie got the beat
    • oh all of them

Open Up Your Eyes - not a song I'd expect to see in the MLP movie, but I loved it the moment I heard it. Unlike Rainbow, which is great too, it's actually tied in the plot, which for me is important if we talk about the movie songs and not standalone songs. 

Spoiler

Also this:

Well, I guess I'm alone on this opinion...

My favourite song of the movie was "We Got This Together." It was the only song the Mane 6 sung together, and it really showed the personalities of the ponies. It is a great introduction to whoever has not watched FiM before. Also, my personal favourite part of this song was Twilight's solo. Her voice was just beautiful, and might be the best part of the song. Also, Twilight only sang once in the movie, and her part was amazing.

• Brohoof 1

Open Up Your Eye's is a song full of anger and hatred and loneliness, and it works as part of the story and for Tempest as a character. The emotions feel heavy and real, and both the melody and singing complement the powerful themes of this song. Especially the part where it just goes quiet for a moment to show Tempest's weaker side. Oh and did I mention it's relatable? :mlp_please:

It's unlike the other songs in the movie where it's neither the typical MLP flair or celebrity fanservice, this song is one of a kind even to the franchise. I don't think it's just one of my favourite songs of the series, it might as well be my all-time favourite.

• Brohoof 1

My vote has to go for Open Up Your Eyes. Emily Blunt did an amazing job of capturing the raw emotion of the song, especially in the beginning when she still sounds like she longs for the chance to find "a place among my kind." Plus, it managed to perfectly imitate the feel and sound of a Disney song, and I can say that for certain because once while I was listening to it, my older sister heard and asked why I was listening "to Disney music."

• 3 weeks later...

Rainbow really surprised me. I was expecting it to be a overly happy song about friendship but it that wasn’t the case. This was the only song I enjoyed from the movie that was sung by a character. Off to See the World is an awesome song, too.

Rainbow. For me it was the transition from the end of the story where everything has been resolved to the credits and represents the type of thoughtful reflection that I have after seeing a movie. There isn't much said after the song starts (IIRC) but it was one of those things that makes you want to keep sitting in the theater until the curtain rolls in.

Plus I'm a sucker for sustained piano chords, and the intro doesn't disappoint here.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I seem to be one of the only ponies here who think Rainbow is a bad song!  It sounds good, but it's hard to figure out what the song is saying, and it's a little repetitive.  I don't know, it's just, not my cup of Rainbow Tea.  My favorite song in the movie was I'm the Friend that You Need, followed closely by One Small Thing.  I'm the Friend that You Need was perfect for what it was supposed to do.  I watched the end part where Capper was helping the Main 6 out before I watched the beginning of the movie with this song, and I'm pretty bad at picking up clues to a mystery, even if I'm looking for them, and I STILL figured out while watching this song that Capper was going to betray them, and no, I didn't hear what he said to the delivery thing at the gate, so I didn't know he was going to sell them.  But the feeling of the song told me that, in my own words, "He's going to betray them, isn't he?"