Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

In what way do you break brony stereotypes?

BMO

It's so stupid how the haters label us as autistic and gay, I say the haters shall burn to ashes. I'm pretty athletic, kind, and knowledgeable when it comes to science. Gained a lot of trophies in sports, so the stereotype has been broken! :P

well im a "punk rocker" though in a way id think loving this show despite i think frowned upon by yer average punk i think would make it all the more "punk" of me right who needs rules heh

fat

quite the opposite kinda scary skinny 6'1 120 pounds but its all genetic my whole family's the same

im physically active i paintball competitively i am on a temporary big break from it though due to money but hope to be back soon

friends i really dont have as many as i use to i have social anxiety so going out is hard i use to go out alot but in recent years its gotten bad and i have pulled away from most of my friends i do miss them i just cant get myself to get out but i am trying hard to break that habit and honestly MLP is a big factor in whats made me want to break it =]

gay

nope straight as can be not a virgin pedophilia angers me greatly so i think its safe to say im no pedo

no gf wish i did but the whole social anxiety thing makes it very hard for me to talk to girls my confidence isnt the best but also something that had been getting better also something i think i can thank MLP for (dont think this is really the place to tell it all in detail but this show has changed my life in many ways)

creepy

i like to think im not most everyone i meet their first impression is generally bad but its just my appearance i dont particularly like to look "normal" but get to know me and you will find im the nicest guy and a genuinly good person

havent lived with my parents since i was 19

I am hetrosexual.

not fat (actually the opposite)

I'm crazy though... (some poeple thinks i am creepy... :huh:  not really a shock)

not clopping

I'm 15.... ( I am not old..)

I am not really good at talking .... :(

Not feminine( I am not scared of anything I think, I like animals, I can still knock anyones crap in at least of what i know)

I am ok looking during summer. In winter I look like joker.( i get that smile becouse of exema caused by the cold weather in norway)

so tecnically two is correct about me and the rest is just not true :muffins:

Edited by a crazy pony

Fat

I'm actually more on the skinny side but that's because I was a picky eater as a young child.

Autistic

Okay I am but I'm not like Chris Chan and can control it easier.

Lives in parent's basement

Well I live with my mom since I'm 15 but not in the basement.

clops

No

forces show down others throat

On my YouTube account, I try to only mention it on pony videos plus when you look at my username and avatar, it would more fit into the Pokemon fanbase. 

30 year old - I'm a 39 year old autist

fat - I'm not fat.

virgin - Yes

with no social life - Not so social.

who lives with their parents - No

who will never have a girlfriend - I don't have any but I'm gay

hyper obsessed - I'm obsessed and have tons of merchs and toys, watch the show everyday but not hyper obsessed. I have other shows and and movies to obses over too.

creepy - I love the horror genre, Hardcore Techno and Black Metal.

clop to the ponies - I don't have anything against cloppers.

Edited by Ulrik Raben

-23 years old, even If I look like 16-17 years old. My parents also look like 25 eventhough they're around 45 years each one.

-Athletic slim body. I trained since I was a kid... martial arts and that kind of things. No facial hair.

-Not so social, but with a few great friends I could perfectly call "my brothers" They were always there to cheer me up when I was sad. And we learned many things together through this seven years.

-Actually my parents live with me. And due some lawful issues I've woven between the family during those last years, now the whole family heritage belongs to me.

-Virgin just 'cause I'm still waiting for that special angel I ever loved. She literaly saved my life six years ago. I would be underground right now If it wasn't for her.

So that very day we made a love promise. Have been now almost seven years of loneliness and pain since the last time I've seen her, and eventhough I'm totaly broken inside, bleeding out through every second, I'll wait for her until the end 'cause I love her.

-Regarding clopping. Well, what should I say? Any r34 related stuff feels like hundreds of stabs into my chest. It's just painful to see people doing that kind of things without even feel any remorse. Why not to fight against it? Why to give up that easily? Sometimes I just feel pitty for them.

-MLP merchandise, I have my I-phone case tunned in the MLP 20% cooler way. In other words I have Rainbow Dash in my smart phone.

"Love and tolerance" as long as you don't hurt any innocent people. If you do, well, you better prepare yourself to face the consequences for such kind of acts.

Apologies for my english, it isn't my first language.

Edited by They call me Loyalty

Fat

No way... I'm the opposite of fat.

All men

Nawp, I'm female

Are Pedophiles

I would never support pedophilia.

Is over 30 years old

I'm 16...

Has no friends/social life

You're joking right? The amount of friends I have would blow you away.

Is retarded

Nope, one of the smartest in my year.

Has no job

Well, I'm 16 so I don't need a full-time job just yet. And it doesn't matter that I don't have a part-time job, plenty of other teens don't have part-time jobs.

Lives with their parents

Well...I'm still young, so.. you know..

Exactly what constitutes as a brony stereotype? The only thing you can infer from the title of brony is that you're a fan of the show, not much else.

not sure if im breaking any stereotypes but I wear my MLP merchandise everywhere if that helps any. I also try to defend the show whenever I hear people bashing it. (especially when they do it within ears length of me, I think they do it on purpose) I also tried to educate one of my best friends who happens to be a pretty adamant hater of the MLP fandom. Alas, I don't make much progress in changing his mind but hes still fun to hang with.

The only real stereotype I break, if this is a stereotype at all, is that I do not go to college and have no plans to whatsoever. It just isn't important to my life or lifestyle. Sure society loves to shove it in my face all the time, but it just isn't a big deal to me. I am happy with my simple life. :D

Beyond that, I cannot think of anything. Sadly, I kinda support two stereotypes, technically. I am autistic and bisexual. Luckily, the insults don't mean much because of that. :)

Edited by Kyoshi

I have a very short fuse. I can get ticked off quite easily. So yeah, I have trouble loving and tolerating. 'Cept for at school. I'm quite patient there. But at home... yeah.

Sounds like me. =P

As for me...  Let's see here...  Well, I play a lot of video games and I'm in Civil Air Patrol (Air Force auxiliary) and I mostly like guy things more than girl things, despite being a girl. XP

I dont know many stereotypes of anything so this is going to take a long time to write:

All bronies are autistic: I have been tested (other reasons) and have been found do have no version of autism or any similar mental disorder.

Bronies are gay: I am not gay, there is nothing i can say other then that.

Bronies are virgins: If i wasn't there would be something very wrong.

Bronies live with their parents: Im 15, where else would i live.

Bronies shove ponies down everyone's throat: I dont do that, people that dont like the show dont like it and that's fine.

that is about all i can think of, if someone can tell me other stereotypes that i didnt mention, that would be great.

I'm a girl, in a relationship, am of a healthy weight, I work, and I don't really like videogames or anime. Oh, and I like the old gen stuff :D

And I don't have a neckbeard...:P

Edited by Powderpuff

Well for one I'm manly. If someone where to ask how manly I was out of 10, I'd say 11 because I'm that manly.

Joking, if anything, mlp has made me want to feel more feminine. Because of that, it's made made me feel more free but back to the point of this thread.

Autistic: Closest I get is low blood sugar.

Gay: Nope, I'm bi.

Virgin: Alright, yes but I'm still only a teen.

Live with parents: Also yes but again I'm still just a teen.

Shove ponies in others faces: Nope, only if you ask for it. >:-)

And @, I kinda stole your layout. It's a good one!

All bronies are gay or homosexual: I am heterosexual thank you very much. :v

All bronies are Cloppers or pedophiles: Im not into clopping nor do I have a problem with cloppers. Im just as much of a pedo bear as the next hormonal teenager...

All bronies are old guys who live with their mothers: Im only 17 years old... if thats not a good enough explication for you I don't know what is.

All bronies are vergins: Agin, only 17... and Im actually proud of that, there are way too many teen parents these days.

All bronies shove MLP and ponies in peoples faces: No, I dont l would hate it if someone did something of the sort to me ponies or not, being spammed with anything is annoying. I dislike anyone who over spam anything at all.

Edited by Onylex

Lets see here, I break a few I guess.

Fat : nope, unless you consider 120ish points fat for a 5'8ish male

Virgin: yes 

Autistic: I don't know, probably not though 

Gay: I don't think so 

Lives with parents: I do indeed, and I plan on keeping it that way for at least 11 months more 

Obnoxious: I would think not

Clopper: No 

No life: I breathe so I live.

Edited by SkullCrusherX

• 2 weeks later...

well the way i do it is i am a brony i used to be the lead singer of a metal band i hunt i was on my schools football team i am 17 im not fat then again im not skinny i have alot of musle im 6'4 im 227.5 i have 2 brony braclets 3 shirts and acouple figurines i also draw them im pretty open about it to

I don't rant and rave about ponies (not anymore, anyway) and I'm neither a pedophile nor homosexual.

I also feel the need to stress this just in case: I am NOT saying homosexuality is bad in any way, just that it is a part of the stereotype that bronies are homosexual and I am most certainly not.

Everybody keeps mentioning their weight, is it a stereotype that bronies are fat or something?

Well I guess I don't break the weight stereotype then as I could lose a few pounds. I also wear pony merch in public...that's probably not breaking any stereotypes either. I also am pretty darn nerdy and I do live with my parents...then again I am in High School still.

Well I can say that I'm not a 33 year old extremely obese man living in his mothers basement whom just so happens to horde pony toys and then get cheeto dust in their mane by petting them too frequently. Yup!

• Brohoof 1