Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bullying: Experiences and How to Deal With It

Dr_Waveband

Bullied or not?  

77 users have voted

1. 1. Have you ever been bullied?

• Yes, I have been bullied.
    • No, I haven't been bullied.
    • I don't remember if I have been bullied or not.
    • I am a bully.

Have you ever been bullied or know someone who was being bullied? What did you do about it? Share your experiences.

I've never had much trouble with being bullied, though I did get a in a lot of trouble in school frequently for losing my temper.

Just informing you that I have taken the liberty of merging your thread with an already existing thread covering the very same topic.  Do be sure to utilize the site's search function to check whether or not a thread already exists.  Thanks.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

I have been bullied since 1st grade, and I've been slapped before. I've lost most of my friends, and people have made a game about me called the Alana Touch. If I accidentally make physical contact with something, they touch somebody and say Alana Touch! It makes me sick. They call me A llama barrel, instead of Alana Carroll. The school staff has never done anything about it, even though we would get countless assemblies and presentations about bullying and to tell someone about it. I've been slapped on the bus, and everyone saw it, I'm pretty sure my bus driver and monitor saw it, but they didn't do a thing. Not even the principal wants to get involved. I've become more independent and just because I have ADHD, they call me insane. When I go hyperactive, I have a huge smile that reminds me of Jeff the killer, and everybody calls me insane because of that. I cry very easily and nobody besides my friend Jarred who I don't know very well has ever stood up for me. He only stood up for me once though. In 5th grade, I sat alone on a bench every recess. A few times has anybody sat down with me, but about 5 minutes later they walked away. When I would tell my 5th grade teacher Mrs. Maroney, she'd give me a nasty glare and say that I was lying. I hate bullying and it should be stopped.

I was bullied alot when I was younger, mostly in 2nd grade. I still am "teased" sometimes. I really hated it. I think it's what caused most of my depression and anxiety. 

To everybody out there: PLEASE don't bully people. It can really mess them up inside and it doesn't help ANYBODY. 

I personally don't recall ever being bullied. To be honest, all my life so far at school I've been with the kind of group who isn't bullied, but isn't the "popular" group either. Just sort of in between. Though I'm not 100% sure, I may have been somewhere in Primary School.

• Brohoof 2

I've seen people get bullied and I stood up for them, but I have never been bullied directly. I've also been able to cheer up whoever has had or has a bully, but what's it like?

Not at the moment, but in middle school I was picked on a lot. The eighth grade was probably the worst year of my life, I was always alone, everybody hated me, everyone thought I was weird and a bunch of other things. I remember I really wanted to hang myself to make other people feel bad, but then I realized that it wouldn't work since nobody cared about me. I really don't like telling people this but, I also wanted to bring a gun to school and kill the group of jerks that were picking on me, then I realized that idea was also flawed. So yes, I was picked on and it did mess with the way I think. Unfortunately, people aren't doing anything about bullying. You can have all the assemblies you want but it won't do smack.

I was only bullied once by this one guy back in eighth grade, but it wasn't really anything that was that big of a deal. He just liked to randomly punch people's arms for some reason or just like kick people's backpacks or whatever.

So I wasn't really bullied, like I've never been beat up or anything like that. I didn't really interact with anyone except my friends and people I knew, so I was mostly just kind of ignored by everyone else lol

I always hated bullying! Standing up for someone has a big difference. (before i was a brony) My friend Jacob was bullied for being a brony. I never watched it at the time but I stood up for him cause he was my best friend. He moved out of town and he was bullied so bad he commited suicide.

Please! If you see anyone being bullied, ask for help or better yet, Stand up for them!

You can have all the assemblies you want but it won't do smack.

This.

Just assembling all the students and explaining to them that bullying is bad won't do anything. People will still bully. And the teachers don't do anything about it, I remember one of my friends was bullied for one simple mistake she made so she told the teachers and they didn't do anything. They simply said "Ignore the bullies." And just "ignoring" them is absolutely impossible.

To be honest, all my life so far at school I've been with the kind of group who isn't bullied, but isn't the "popular" group either. Just sort of in between. 

That's pretty much how I was back in high school. My friends and I weren't the kind of people that would get picked on or bullied, but we weren't like the "cool" kids or anything. We were just kind of normal I guess.

I don't think I've ever really made myself stand out enough to where I could be bullied. Mostly I just kept to myself so there weren't a lot of people who even knew I existed. 

(edited)

I've been bullied ever since Kindergarten. From there, it continued through elementary, middle, and high school. Not one person liked me. People gave me mean looks, made fun of me, verbally assaulted me, and avoided me like the plague. I don't why. I mean, I can't be that horrible, but apparently I must be...I just accepted that I am a horrible human being after putting up with it for so long. Now that I'm starting my second semester of college. I'm expecting it to continue there as well...

Edited by SmartyPants

(edited)

I don't consider myself having ever been bullied. Being called names, ignored and getting into fights isn't really bullying it's just "guy stuff". So I have been getting into "guy stuff" my whole life. So I don't think I've ever been bullied those who have given me a hard time, have always been beaten up for it. So I guess it's just "guy stuff" and if anything it has just made me tougher and prepared me to handle the real world. So yeah, I think I haven't been bullied or at least I don't think so. I liked getting into fights anyway, even when they were a little unfair towards me.. But then again, it was just fun proving that you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover and kick their ass.

Honestly, I'm not even sure.. I just don't think it was that bad but then again it might be because I just became immune to it. I'm sure that most would have thought it was bullying but for me it was just a way of communication. People are just always unfriendly and trying to be mean to you one way or another. So I'm sure everyone has this treatment and I think because I became immune to it that it can hardly be considered bullying but then again I'm not even sure.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

This.

Just assembling all the students and explaining to them that bullying is bad won't do anything. People will still bully. And the teachers don't do anything about it, I remember one of my friends was bullied for one simple mistake she made so she told the teachers and they didn't do anything. They simply said "Ignore the bullies." And just "ignoring" them is absolutely impossible.

The school staff never does anything to make it better. They always let the bully off with a warning and then bully keeps on picking on people. The best option would be for the victim's parents to sue the school district for failing to protect their child.
  • Brohoof 2

I hate bullies. It's dumb. I've always been the weirdo in my class. I take 2 pills each day, but that doesn't stop me from going hyperactive. Why am I so different? Huh? Reminds me of tribetwelve,where they want Noah to get the journal instead of going to get it from his uncle themselves. I once carved in the bathroom stall with my fingernail,"PUT A CHECK IF YOU HATE ALANA." A week later, there's about 15 - 20 checks! I hate it!

(edited)

Yep all throughout elementary and Middle school.  It was mostly verbal though some was physical.  Pushed against desks and lockers and stuff, and once stabbed with a pencil.  I think it was all for the best though.  I probably wouldn't have the friends I have now.  It has stopped, I guess people just grew up.  I really hate how the school systems handle bullying.  

Edited by Dusty Soul

Yep all throughout elementary and Middle school.  It was mostly verbal though some was physical.  Pushed against desks and lockers and stuff, and once stabbed with a pencil.  I think it was all for the best though.  I probably wouldn't have the friends I have now.  It has stopped, I guess people just grew up.  I really hate how the school systems handle bullying.

You got friends from being bullied? Wow, you are really lucky! All that has happened to me is losing my friends. None of them ever came back, but a few stayed with me.

(edited)

Yep all throughout elementary and Middle school. It was mostly verbal though some was physical. Pushed against desks and lockers and stuff, and once stabbed with a pencil. I think it was all for the best though. I probably wouldn't have the friends I have now. It has stopped, I guess people just grew up. I really hate how the school systems handle bullying.

It was also mostly verbal abuse for me but there were a few times when it got physical. I've gotten punched in the groin a few times. It didn't hurt that much but the idea of someone being able to touch me like that really bothered me.These guys were the same guys who would call me "gay" all the time, how hypocritical.

Edited by AtDawnTheySquee

Hello!

I would be lieing if I said I wasn't... And I would be lieing if I said I never bullied anyone myself, which I regret doing... A lot.

How I was bullied, well, I'd like to keep that private :). It's sometimes best not to remmember the actual details if you don't want life to start bullying you.

I've been trash talked by plenty of people, mostly by the "popular kids". I never understood why, but I don't really care to be honest. I didn't even have respect for those people to begin with, so why would I want to get on friendly terms with them? I don't and I don't care about them at all. So I guess the "bullying" haven't affected me in the slightest

I dont remember any times where it was really bad to where i would need to get help. Ive only had small things happen like having my textbook kicked across the floor but at least the person apologized. And some guy broke all my pencils but he didnt cause me much trouble again. Ive never been verbally or physically abused to where i would cal it bullying. I found a journal i wrote on thos question from 5 years ago where i said that my sister bullies me everyday, but thats what olde siblings do so now i dont consider that bullying either.

Yes. Mostly through 1st-6th grade. Luckily, it was mostly teasing. I was never physically bullied - slapped around, thrown things at, etc - but it was pretty tiring. Around the 5th grade I just started fighting back. Bloodied some lips, blackened some eyes and eventually it did end up stopping. The key is to not let them push you around...bullying has grown to a terrible level - the internet has allowed bullies to make it into homes...

All I can say is to fight back and also be there for those who are bullied...make them see that they are not alone.

• Brohoof 3

the fist time I've been bulled and it was the last time he stated to bully me for

a while I asked him to stop and warned him he didnt stop so I kick is ass real good after that people

knew not to mess with me

• Brohoof 1