Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

books The Book Thread

Octavia2

Well in order

"Big Book Of Questions and Answers" "Disney World in the 80's" "Physics" "The LIFE Millennium" "Jokelopedia" "Basic Graphics" "Chemistry" "Ripley's BON" "Brad Meltzer" "Bruce Lee" "how it works"...

ETC

(edited)

Lets see... I have about 20 books involving Psychology, the Harry Potter series, some novels assigned for summer reading, some books on zombies, the halo books, and a few classics like a collection of Edgar Allan Poe's works and To Kill a Mockingbird :P Oh, and the Eragon series.

P.S. That's only one shelf... I probably have about 500 or so books in my house that are mine... I read a lot.

its fitting that you have Twilight Sparkle :P

but 500 books :blink:

wow thats nice B)

I can't stand reading that much :blush:

Edited by Gigachip

Posted Image

My current bookshelf. Have almost 1k books on it as of right now. Most every physical book I did own is on there! Donated all the old paper books I had besides the ones I love the most.

Book of Imaginary Beings, I Am America (And So Can You!, couple of tutorial books, couple of manga, CD's,DVD's and magazines that are way to many to list. Oh and this...

Posted Image

Book of Imaginary Beings, I Am America (And So Can You!, couple of tutorial books, couple of manga, CD's,DVD's and magazines that are way to many to list. Oh and this...

Posted Image

thats just too funny :lol:

(edited)

My bookshelf mostly contains my collection of gaming magazines and guides and such, but it also has manga, as well as comic books. I have a few novels, sure, but most of what I read is borrowed from others. I have a bunch of Naruto books, but they're not on my bookshelf, because I lost interest in it and stuff. I also have some books relating to plants, some cookbooks, and other things that were gifts that I don't really look at.

I want to expand it with more comics. Manga's cool and all, but you can't top Batman. ;)

Edited by King K. Roop

So far I'm figuring out what genre I actually enjoy. Have several famous classics like 1984, Stranger in a Strange Land, World War Z and even the Count of Monte Cristo which I'm scared to touch from it's sheer size. I'm reading them at an exceptionally slow rate though, haven't read the first page on a lot of them.

My bookshelf is crammed with about 300-400 books so I'm doing pretty well for myself.

They range from general oddities like "So you think you know The Simpsons?" to more in depth books like "It" and "Temeraire".

I'm also a very large fan of the Skulduggery Pleasant books and the books in the Gone series.

I love my bookcase and he loves me, if only his parents weren't Capulet, now I may never see his wooden, expressionless face again *Swoons and sobs*

My bookshelves contain a mismatch of old children's storybooks, National Geographic, various magazines, and junk. Maybe I'll clean them off someday and take a picture of them.

I have a lotta manga, a couple ov da harry potter books, an encyclopedia for immaturity, some books on dragons, fantasy novels, a old rubik's cube, turtle food, stuff like dat

I have an entire shelf filled the four main series of the Warrior Cats books.

The shelf below is dedicated to wheel of time.

Below that is miscelanious crap from my childhood.

Then miscelanious in general. (including every other warrior cats book)

Bottom shelf is comics and manga. Mostly Zelda and yes, warrior cats.)

Some manga on a separate small shelf that rests on my desk, and then a big bookshelf full of fantasy novels like the House of Night series. And then there's that section that my mom keeps for herself and I'm forced to keep on the shelf cause we have no other bookshelves. Her and her Twilight books.

Filled with poetry, horror, sci-fi, and mystery, baby.

My most read are my Robert Frost, T.S. Eliot, Edgar Allan Poe, H.P. Lovecraft, and George Orwell.

My bookshelf is my lurve.

I'm Dyslexic i hate reading, So my bookshelf is only full of old schoolbooks. I have read some books if really get into a series, but usually don't want to touch the things. Audible is a life saver and my real bookshelf.

(edited)

A lot of Mark Twain, Ayn Rand, Issac Asimov, and Star Wars novels, as well as The Elder Scrolls: The Infernal City. So a lot of philosophy, realistic fiction, sci-fi, and some fantasy.

Edit: Almost forgot some Halo novels.

Edited by Veiled Enigma

Within the couple of bookshelves that I have, a large part of it is filled with art books and both human and animal antamomy reference guides. There are also several classics and a shelf filled with manga among them.

Another section would be fantasy and science fiction, from the Mass Effect and Halo novels to works by E.E. Knight.

Finally, several books on mythology and philosophy, which are among my favorites. Is it also bad that I purcahse books faster than I can read them? Honestly, I will read just about anything.

I always thought I'd only be into one kind of book but my shelf definitely grew with me. Shelf is a relative term. My books are scattered in old boxes all over the place.

It starts with a lot of Stephen King.

Followed by Dean Koontz with several editions of Odd Thomas leading the way there.

Moved on with Harold Coyle, who is a big military writer.

That brought me around into Tom Clancy, mostly the Splinter Cell novels (Written by three different authors under the pseudonym, David Michaels.)

Those brought me into more video game books. The Halo series which I still haven't read more than two books of. And the Gears of War books written by Karen Traviss.

I do a lot less reading than I should but it's hard to grab me unless it's mystery/suspense or some kind of military war novel.

Hoping to get my hands on a book called Paranoia. It's supposed to be about some guy who works at a company that has to go and spy on another company, which sounds interesting.

I love to read, but I haven't read any books in a while. Some of my favorites are Nineteen Eighty-Four, Demon Seed, and A Wrinkle in Time.

I'm reading Storm of Swords, the third book in the Game of Thrones series. George is a genius with this. Aint afraid to kill anybody... he'll destroy the world in a heartbeat.

And Joffrey is dead.

PRAISE TO THE WORLD, JOFFREY IS DEAD! WE SLIIIIICED OOOOFF HIS HEAAAAAD!

I love reading, and I feel like it's unfortunate that less and less people are properly appreciating books, since they now have the options of seeing inferior versions in the form of movies and television shows. Anyway, my current favourite book is The Fault in our Stars, which is surprising because I usually don't like realistic fiction at all.

I'm currently making my way through all of the Sherlock Holmes books. Reading The Sign of Four right now. It's pretty good :)

I'm reading Storm of Swords, the third book in the Game of Thrones series.

I just got the first four in a box set the other day. I've only read a little into the first one, and I'll be gone for ten days as of tomorrow, so hopefully I don't forget about them by the time I come back. How's the series so far?