Do you read?  

163 users have voted

1. 1. Do you read?

• Sometimes
    • Often
    • Rarely
    • Never

I used to read like 2 or 3 books a day.

That was before I went to my school. I barely have the time to sleep 2 or 3 hours a day now.

I wish I was joking.

• Brohoof 4

So do you read books?

No, I really just hit them. jk

I can't bring myself to take the time to read books. I'm always doing something. I think the longest book I've ever read was Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. I do read pony fanfics sometimes but only relatively short ones.

I read all the time. I'm currently working on Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky; of course a Russian author. It was written back in the 1800's and it's a fascinating and fantastic story. He also wrote the classic War and Peace.

I'm a huge fan of Dumas, though. The Count of Monty Cristo was brilliant and the Three Musketeers was hilarious!

When I finish Crime and Punishment I want to start on some Jane Austen. I've read Pride and Prejudice as well as Sense and Sensibility and I kind of grew fond of her writing.

EDIT: Also, any author will tell you that the first step to writing is reading.

Edited by SkySong
  • Brohoof 4

I read all the time. I'm currently working on Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky; of course a Russian author. It was written back in the 1800's and it's a fascinating and fantastic story. He also wrote the classic War and Peace.

I'm a huge fan of Dumas, though. The Count of Monty Cristo was brilliant and the Three Musketeers was hilarious!

When I finish Crime and Punishment I want to start on some Jane Austen. I've read Pride and Prejudice as well as Sense and Sensibility and I kind of grew fond of her writing.

I read C&P back in Honors Lit class 6 years ago. Is it still an exceptionally long and dry read as it was for me back then? lol.

I don't read really. Like I can read fast and still retain the enjoyment of a book but nothing interests me much. I just received The Girl Who Played with Fire as an impulse buy after seeing The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

People are surprised by how fast I can read. I read HP: Goblet of Fire in 4 days and Deathly Hallows in 22 hours lol.

Oh and, I dunno if you guys have already read these, but one of my favorite series before I had to stop reading was the Shaara series. The Killer Angels was brilliant...

I read C&P back in Honors Lit class 6 years ago. Is it still an exceptionally long and dry read as it was for me back then? lol.

I don't read really. Like I can read fast and still retain the enjoyment of a book but nothing interests me much. I just received The Girl Who Played with Fire as an impulse buy after seeing The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

People are surprised by how fast I can read. I read HP: Goblet of Fire in 4 days and Deathly Hallows in 22 hours lol.

I didn't find it very dry as I do find it kind of... annoying in some sense. I'm loving it, but I really don't like the long winded talking. It's not as bad as LOTR, though! Though the book I could NEVER read was the Silmarillion. I just... I just can't.

And I personally am not a fan of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo or the other books by that author.

Yes I sometimes read, I never thought it was in my nature but I just recently went to the bookstore to go pick out a nice fictional fantasy story.

I love reading, but I don't have time to sit down and really get into it like I used to.

My favorite series is Kathryn Lasky's Guardian's of Ga'Hoole. (don't let the movie discourage you if you are interested, the books are much better)

I actually just went to my town's local used book store, fabulous deals there hardcover books for 2 bucks. While I was there I picked up Dune which I've be meaning to read for a while, some fantasy novel, and 2010: second Odyssey. Also one of my friends lent me The Wheel of Time's first book and prequel to read. I also started reading the Song of Ice and Fire series this last summer which is the best fantasy series ever. I do read but in my spare time when I'm not playing Team Fortress 2 or whatever.

According to my parents I've been reading full sized novels since I was 5!

I remember being a kid and loving to read, but now I'm much to critical for reading.

It's too hard for me to find a book I know I'll like! Reading (at least for me) takes up quite a bit of my time so I want what I'm reading worth my time!

Currently I have one book (Mogworld by Yahtzee Croshaw, hilarious!) but I refuse to read it outside of my school's required reading periods (40 mins at the end of Tuesdays and Thursdays). I know if I read it outside of school I won't be able to put it down and I'll burn through it! Then I'll have to find another book which for me is REALLY hard!

Depends. If I have a job, then I bring books with me cuz I don't trust anyone with my DS either in an unlocked cabinet or locker or shared lockers and I don't have a car to keep it in so I just bring books.

When I don't have a job I read a lot less, most of my "reading" time is spent on Manga or video game text.

My favorite series is Kathryn Lasky's Guardian's of Ga'Hoole. (don't let the movie discourage you if you are interested, the books are much better)

My favorite series too, though I actually liked the movie despite the MANY discrepancies between it and the books. The game on the other hand...

Back on topic, I've always been an avid reader, though finding something interesting to sit down with has become harder and harder within the last year or so. Luckily there's no shortage of fics to keep my busy until then.

Edited by PoisonClaw

Honesly, i read very few books, but I do belive news articles, science journals, and essay journals count. And I rarely read fiction. Only non fiction like collections of essays and what not, where you dont really have to go in order, you can just skip around the book if you want.

• Brohoof 2

I read a lot less than what I used to when I was a kid, but I still read something ocasionally. Recently I read a full 680 pages book in english. I was actually surprised that I was able to understand it completely.

Currently im reading a copy of Harper Lee's 'To kill a mocking bird' every night before bed.

Now, i should mention, i stole the book from school. :blush: I feel so guilty when i read it! My teacher leant one of her copies to me, and she forgot i had it... so i kept it... does this make me a bad person?

Oh well. Its a good book. B)