I_wesley125

Do you read?  

163 users have voted

1. 1. Do you read?

• Sometimes
    • Often
    • Rarely
    • Never

I read everyday if you count forums and the like but on average i read a good 2-3 books a month but high school really chomps my time.

I don't read all that often anymore, just kind of suddenly lost interest for some reason. There's about twenty books in my collection that remains untouched, it's a very depressing sight. Maybe I should start forcing myself to read again, and maybe start writing again while I'm at it.

I am constantly reading something. Currently in the middle of Niven's Fleet of Worlds series though I did just finish a pretty good book that is apparently the first part of a light fantasy/sci-fi series. If your into such things check out Eidolon: The Elder Saga on amazon. I hope book two is as good.

I am reading all the time. I dont read that many fanfictions per say but I did read the atrocious cupcakes and rocket to insanity I also did read larry the cable guy goes to equestria which is humorous. But to be honest my favorite thing to read Is an actual book. I love political fiction and military fiction. Yes I know I read tom clancy religiously when I can well mostly pertaining to his classic books. such as red stormrising,rainbow six,the sum of all fears, and a few others. I do like political fiction too like geroge orwells 1984 all the way to glenn becks new book Agenda21 and of course thehunger games too. But i do like jules verne too man I love reading books why is it when you pick up a book and readit it makes some of us think and reflect about the state of the world.

• Brohoof 1

I absolutely love reading! I'll pretty much read any genre too as long as it has an interesting story. My favorite book ever has to be Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. 

(edited)

It's been bothering me that I haven't been reading books a whole lot, so I went out and bought Bossypants by Tina Fey. I have yet to open it however, what with all of my course work I have to do.

My favorite books include Life of Pi, The Road, 1984, The Long Walk, Insomnia, The Drawing of the Three, and many others.

I read books like The Stand for breakfast. Last year I read Inheritance, (Eragon) all the way through in a single uninterrupted sitting.

That was a bad choice.

Edited by Circadian

(edited)

I like to read every night before going to bed. I've been fairly busy over the last 2 and a half years or so, so I haven't been able to stick to that for a while, but I've managed to get back into it these last couple of months. 

I also read on the bus sometimes if I'm not listening to music.

I'm surrounded by people at uni who refuse to read books. Y-U-NO-twilight.jpeg

Edited by Hansel

I'm not the reader I used to be. Pretty much the only printed materials I read are textbooks and magazines. There's no novels that really interest me. Not a big fanfic reader, either. Kinda feel guilty about it sometimes, I know Twilight would be disappointed in me. :P

Why isn't there an "ALL THE BUCKING TIME" option?  Seriously, when you're a senior in college, that's all... you... ever... do, well, that is, when you're not writing!  :lol:   Course, I never get to pick any fun reading, not that I dislike what I do have to read; most of it's worth the read, and there are quite a few hidden gems, though after awhile, some of the political texts all start to sound the same.  Still, reading "Mr. Sammler's Planet" right now, which is amazing, and I'll be starting a third reading of "The Killer Angels" soon, which is still the greatest historical fiction novel I've ever read, and probably my favorite war novel ever, so that'll be a lot of fun!  :D

• Brohoof 1

Hello!

Well, i do read all sorts of Encyclopedia, Learning books and so on, but i rarely read any Literature... I have to force myself to read some literature for essays... I know it sounds stupid, but i just don't see anything interesting in them... I have no joy in reading them... It's always just a pain.

I truly respect books, and i know their importance. I like to collect books, (We have a whole library in our house), and members of my family have always been avid readers, but i just... Well... I can't get used to them no matter how much i would try...

(edited)

Hell yes, ALL THE TIME.

I would be reading right now, in fact, if my entire library of books wasn't ruined by the sewage pipes bursting over top of it :(

(The ONLY book I have left, aside from my taller hardcover books that were in a different spot, is The Fellowship of the Ring)

Edited by Zalgo

I used to read a lot, but lately I haven't been reading as much. I've read all the Harry porter books, but other than that, I can't think of a book series in which I've read all the books. I think the last book I read was Into Thin Air for school. It was alright.

Yep, i read very often, every day infact. In the morning bus ont he way to school, on the bus on the way to home, and an hour or two before sleep. But im on  a strict MLP fan fic diet. I only read one book in my whole life, (voluntarily) that wasnt MLP related. But a couple of weeks ago i discovered fan fics, and now its my drug.

(edited)

I've always got a book on the go. not the most highbrow of books of course but there is little better than a good book, and its great for sparking and imagination off :)

Right now I'm reading a little something I picked up called 'the Zombie Combat Manual"

Edited by Fridge

(edited)

I read ~3 novels a week when I have the time...

I remember when I was applying to college one asked me how many books I had read in the previous year and to list them...

I went into my closet to count how many books I had read over the last year and counted 98.

Then I found out that they only provided 50 slots to enter book titles :(

Edited by Cowl

(edited)

Not only do I read, but I do it obsessively so. I have to read at least three hours a day, or I'll get antsy. If I don't have something I'll read anything; billboards, instruction manuals, etc.

Last year I read 1237 books.

Right now I'm re-reading "Cold Sassy Tree" and a few if Palahniuk's works (Diary blows me away every time). Next up I have a few books on the biology and anatomy of fish.

I love fantasy/sci-fi horror, periid novels, and pyschological books best so lately I'm into a lot of Carl Jung's stuff and I'm re-reading my Ellison and Poe anthologies.

Edited by PinkieDaShy

I used to be a full on egghead but now I have studies to worry about. I love reading, but usually that's my last resort if I'm done with everything. As of right now I'm half way through the second book of Maximum Ride series by: James Patterson.

(edited)

i enjoy the occasional book :)

funny thing though is that i usually take these huge breaks in the middle of the book. i may forget about it for months then finish it later when i've regained interest. i like alot of sci-fi, fiction/fantasy, horror, classic lit., and mystery/suspense. my least favorite genre is romance and political, booooooring!

the last book i read was "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" by Philip K. Dick. twas awesome ^3^

currently reading Hunchback of Notre Dame. its quite a tragic story ;_;

Edited by crazitaco

Not too often.

The only books I've read in the past while are Roadside Picnic and Metro 2033, and, nowadays, I just re-read Roadside Picnic whenever I am sitting with nothing to do(or nothing I want to do) at school.

Only when it's absolutely necessary, like a piece of homework based on the content within it. If that's not the case, it's either a kinky book or I'm just simply bored out of my mind.