Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does it bother you when someone spells your name incorrecty

applebaby

4 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Everyone knows how to spell my name, it's just one of those names everyone knows.

But, if anyone were to misspell it somehow it wouldn't bother me and honestly I probably wouldn't even notice. I don't notice a lot of things. :-P

Yeah, Lauryn is one of those names you can only spell one way.

• 7 months later...

Yes, i have a polish name and i live in america so everyone spells it differently

And any who doesnt know me and sees my name they might pronounce it in a very weird way

Edited by Muffinnz
  • Brohoof 1

No. In fact, I find it hilarious.

I have a very common name that is VERY hard to misspell.

My name is Olivia.

I've had a Starbucks emplyee spell it "Olivea" (He didn't speak English very well).

So whenever it happens, I just laugh my a** off. 

Liam is an easy name to spell (being almost impossible to miss-spell), so I do get a bit annoyed (since it's one of the easiest names ever)

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:52 PM, Mellow Mane said:

People write my last name incorrectly all the time, I kinda just got used to it. These days I'm rather surprised when someone writes it correctly:-D

Your last name is easy A F to spell, maybe that's because Mc[Name] surnames are super common here :P 

Only when it’s someone I have to interact with regularly.

Like the person who asks for my name at Starbucks? I don’t care if she gets it wrong.

But I have a great aunt that absolutely CANNOT seem to spell “Katy” the way I do, despite me writing it that way for 25 years. And she’s ON social media, where I have it spelled “Katy”. Does she think I typoed my own name?

You can't misspell my name. it is 3 letters, two vowels separated by a consonant, all being very far apart in the alphabetic order. It's way easy, see:

Aru

Okay, it is not that name, just an example.

Spoiler

Okay, now I want that name! :sassy:

• Brohoof 1

My first name is Nathanael. Yes, spelled like that. I'm named after the Bible character Nathanael, whose claim to fame was sitting under a fig tree and being skeptical when Philip told him they'd found the Messiah. Yeah. :v

Anyway, most people misspell it "Nathaniel". It doesn't bother me when it's some random stranger, but when my own family does I get kind of annoyed.

And everyone mispronounces my last name. It's rather surprising when someone says it right.

• 9 months later...

Yes happens all the time.   My name is Cory, but people spell it like Corey.  

No I don’t get bothered by it.  I just correct them and move on.  It’s a simple mistake. 

I'm pretty used to people misspelling my name all the time, my old first name, my new first name and my last name.  I'm more shocked when people actually spell any of the three correctly at this point lol

7 hours ago, Sherbie-kun <3 said:

well idk your irl name, but I struggle to say "Vefka", the closest I can say it is "Vevka" or "Fefka"

Hm, I kinda used rules from Russian to make my nick, it can be difficult for other languages I guess🤔

Btw my irl name is Ivan and I doubt it can be pronounced wrong

Both my last name and my first name get spelled wrong all the time. My first name is usually a one-letter difference since people assume I use a feminine spelling instead of a masculine one. As for my last name, I don’t even think people think it’s real. Every time someone tries to pronounce it they sound like they’re having a stroke.