Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the coolest place you have ever visited?

Hollow Wind

Two places come to mind: 

Disney World - Ive been there LITERALLY 16 times, but Ive enjoyed it every single time. There is always something new there to experience  and Walt Disney is a personal hero of mine. 

Germany - Ive only ever been there twice: Once to Düsseldorf and another time to Berlin. That was fun because I got to experience a whole new culture, drink beer, and make a couple of new friends. The whole experience was really unique and fun.

10/10, would go to both places 12 more times.

• 3 years later...

I've been to a lot of places, though Hawaii has to be my favorite. I was out in the jungle going through a small trail that lead to a waterfall where I swam for awhile before exploring more. Saw some awesome scenery, strange plants, and ended the day at the beach. What a blast.

• Brohoof 3

I have to admit I have a particular prejudice when it comes to Disney theme parks. So those will occupy the top of my list. But I did spend two heavenly months in Hawaii once and it was among the most transcendent experiences of my life. It may be considered a tourist trap by some, but let me tell you it is truly a paradise on earth!  :sunbutt:

• Brohoof 2

As a former long time resident in Florida, I've found several cool spots to hang out. Secluded beaches, nice water, lush scenery and hidden mysteries lures me back every time. Mind the mosquitos though...

I loved visiting Ireland when I stayed with my cousin in Kildare because the people I met were very friendly and welcoming. I also loved the scenery and the weather reminded me of my own Western Washington so I felt more at home. Would love to go back to Ireland!

One of the best hikes I've ever been on was in Rocky Mtn National Park; following a trail that originated as an old mountain pass used for decades by the Natives American tribes of the area, we hiked up to a lake called Lake Hiyaha, which was completely surrounded by rock (there was no shoreline, it literally sat in a huge basin of boulders). The water was so clear that you could see 15-20 feet to the bottom of the lake, and all the fish were clearly visible. It was absolutely beautiful! 

If we're talking literally, Wisconsin has been the "coolest" place I've been (as I visited in the winter). ;) In the other sense, I absolutely loved going to Bermuda! The beaches were lovely and it was fun riding horses down the coast. :)

• Brohoof 1

Going to Washington D.C. and getting to see all of the historical buildings and museums ranks very high for a history nerd like myself! That trip was wayyy back when I had just started getting interested in history, though.

Southern California was really neat if not just because it was the first beach I had visited since I was really young. Incidentally it's the last beach I've been, too (this trip was back in 2005). After camping on the beach and getting sand everywhere, visiting a beach again is NOT at the top of my list. But anyway, I appreciated it because it's so different from where I live. The mountains, those amazing tall palm trees. I would never want to live in California, but it's a fun place to visit.

Cleveland, Ohio was neat, too. It's the Northernmost point I've ever been. I even got to catch a glimpse of one of the Great Lakes!

• Brohoof 1

This is a hard one for me...as I've been from coast-to-coast... I'd say these places... The Rocky Mountain National Park, Hersheypark <4, The Alamo, Singing Sand Dune in Nevada, Tombstone, Arizona, OCMD, and the National Aquarium in Baltimore...

• Brohoof 1

Hmmmm, lets see. I've been to a whole LOT of places within the last few years. :huh:  I've been traveling ever since I was born. I was raised with a love for camping, which instilled my love and passion for hiking and backpacking.  

I've been to Oregon (resident), Washington, Idaho, California, British Columbia, Alberta, Peru, and Oklahoma.

Technically, I've also been to Colorado and Texas if 2-hour long flight stops count.  :P

Here's my annual hiking repertoire.  :proud:  :D

2016:

27 days
111.4 miles
26,620 feet*

2015:

23 days
123.6 miles

30,340 feet*

2014: (Haven't finished cataloging the stats for 2014 yet)

22 days
At least 102.9 miles
At least 22,695 feet*.

*feet refers to 'elevation gain.'

2014, 2015, and 2016 were the years that I started to really "ramp up" my hiking career, so to speak. Prior to '14, I hadn't done as much in a single year. Below are a few photos I've taken from the last three years.

In 2014, I focused on challenging, local day hikes in southern Washington and several hikes up in northern Washington. 

ponies_at_hellroaring_overlook__mt__adam

Mount Adams from Hellroaring Overlook, Mount Adams Recreation Area, Washington.

In 2015, I focused more on far-away locations aside from my local area, such as British Columbia, Alberta, central Oregon, and eastern Oregon.

daring_do_at_moraine_lake_hdr_by_flutter

Moraine Lake in the Canadian Rockies, Banff National Park, Alberta.

ponies_at_paulina_peak__newberry_v_nat_l

Paulina Lake and East Lake from Paulina Peak, Newberry National Volcanic Monument, Oregon.

garibaldi_lake__british_columbia_by_flut

Garibaldi Lake, Garibaldi Provincial Park, British Columbia.

In 2016, I reeled back to more localized areas, but still made an effort to travel to some northern Washington areas too.

30162071682_ca0d72e562_b.jpg

Stars over Crystal Lake, Mount Adams Wilderness, Washington.

30162076702_25caebbf12_b.jpg

Crystal Lake, Mount Adams Wilderness, Washington.

beautiful_ancient_lakes__washington_hdr_

Ancient Lakes, Washington.

mossy_rainforest_in_the_trapper_creek_wi

Rainforest, Trapper Creek Wilderness, Washington.

30242850046_394dfe0665_b.jpg

Mount Rainier from High Camp, Mount Adams Wilderness, Washington.

30242855586_c67f0cb306_b.jpg

Mount Jefferson from the Pacific Crest Trail, Mount Jefferson Wilderness, Oregon.

See more photos at:

DeviantArt

http://www.panoramio.com/user/7473456?show=all

Photo Spheres

PoniesAroundtheWorld

:kindness:  :squee:  :yay:

Edited by Elemental Fluttershy
  • Brohoof 1

I think the best place I've ever went to was Chinatown in San Fran.  I love going to chinatowns, period but the one in san fran was really the best I've been to.  I just like how vast it was and it was so easy to get lost.  We ended up wandering to someone's house and got a great view of the city from there.  I'd love to go back one day.

• 6 months later...

The coolest place that I have ever visited would be Morocco back at the end of 2016 in December. I loved it when I was there. I was mostly in Marrakech, but I did venture out up the Atlas Mountains and then into the Sahara Desert. I loved it. I rode a dromodon (a camel like animal), it was awesome :D

Definitely recommend people to go to Morocco ;)

15698342_10209589413224508_208309658969700598_n.thumb.jpg.210cba2c1af2fcd882f928710f1996c8.jpg

Me on top of a fort (it is the location where many famous movies were filmed, like Gladiator) looking at the lower Atlas moutnains .

The Lane Motor Museum in Nashville. They have over 500 cars (Even a Daihatsu Midget!) and over 60 motorcycles. If you like cars, and are in the area, you should go there. It's awesome.