Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who would the best Pony be to comfort you?

Bendy

Pinkie would make me laugh, but wouldn't do much for emotional support. I can definitely see AJ  being one of them. But most of all, Fluttershy. she's so kind and caring, and has such a sweet voice. She would be the first to calm me down.

order of the Mane 6 in how well they would do in calming me down.

Fluttershy- so compassionate and calm.

AJ- As already stated, she would know what it's like to lose your parents, and she's compassionate as well

Twi- she knows what it's like to be away from her parents and brother, so she could empathize well. 

Pinkie/Rainbow-Pinkie wouldn't quite understand, but she would help cheer me up for the time being. RD would try to calm me down, I think, but she wouldn't be able to empathize all too well. But she would try to cheer me up.

Rarity- we have basically nothing in common, she wouldn't be able to empathize, and she's not the best at calming other ponies down.

I'm sorry. I see a "which pony _______" and I just have to make a list for my rankings. i guess when the bronyland test said I was second-closest to Twi, they were right :lol:

then again, it said i was third closest to Rarity :huh: ummmmmm nope!

There are some things that all Mane 6 ponies do very well, and offering comfort to those who need it is one of them.  :)  Even Rainbow Dash, as brash and as tough as she is, shows that kinder side when necessary with Fluttershy and Scootaloo. 

But if I were to say who would be best to comfort me, it would probably be either Applejack or Fluttershy.  ;)

Nice job by for laying out how each pony approaches this situation.

Edited by Wingnut

No doubt would I say that out of all ponies, Pinkie Pie would be the best one to comfort me. I mean have you heard her song, "Smile Smile Smile?" It describes her kindness and cheeriness so perfectly. She's all about the smiles and being happy.  :)

It's true some days are dark and lonely.

And maybe you feel sad.

But Pinkie will be there to show you that it isn't that bad  

- Pinkie Pie

Edited by Shawn Parks

• 2 weeks later...

Well this question may be predicated on something of a false premise; as of course this would never happen IRL and thus we can only speculate. Though I could see how this could happen IRL, if I could get rainbow dash's voice actor to talk to me, It wouldn't take me long to forget about whatever was bothering me because of the sheer awesomeness of that fact alone.

Edited by Guest

When I first saw this thread, I thought "Everyone's gonna say Fluttershy." Not exactly correct, eh?

I'd pick Fluttershy because she's dealt with animals, and treating them physically (and probably emotionally too).

As much as I like Dashie I would have to say Fluttershy for this one! mainly because just seeing her adorableness would help to cheer me up right away!

• Brohoof 1

In this specific scenario, Celestia and/or Luna. Because they will have been through something similar given that they've had to leave behind a *lot* of ponies and places, given their lifespan.

Okay, one of my friends passed the MBTI test, and he ended up being the same type as Rarity, ENFJ.

And this guy is the only one I am able to talk to with ease, without blocking.

So you have your answer here, Rarity.

136203680610.png

Since she's the only pony that almost spent 1000 years locked into a cold prision, surrounded by nothing but loneliness. I'd think she might be the best pony to comfort me, since I'll have to face this pain, having lost the people I loved, for the rest of my life.
And even having the best pony friends someone could ask for, I would never forget that emptiness inside my heart.

So yeah, Princess Luna would be the only pony able to give me hope and show me that it's actually possible to face such darkness, and still keep your heart alive.

Apologies for my english, it isn't my first language.

Well, I would go with Pinkie Pie for normal circumstances, but since we are dealing with past life, friends, and families; I think I'll go with Applejack. Nothing against Pinkie's comforting skills; I'm sure she would be able to do it, but since Applejack is one associated with family, I'd go with her. Plus, her parents are gone, so she may be able comfort me further by teaching me what she did when her parents died.

• 6 months later...

Probably Pinkie, because that's pretty much what she spends every day doing.

If not her, I'd think maybe Applejack or Twilight, since I think they'd listen and try to think of a way to change the situation.

Edited by Zhortac
  • Brohoof 1