Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you hate that everyone seems to love?

Odyssey

Just now, lordvaltasar said:

Football(soccer)everyone around seems to love it

Seconded - it has taken over the office where I work, and the matches are up on all the screens that are meant to have customer status on them. it is insane...

• Brohoof 2

Pretty much most things that's been popular on social medias over the past few years. Instagram comedians, fidget spinners, rappers that I've never heard of, the Kardashian-type makeup style, various clothing trends, most trends in general, among other things

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Probably already posted these, but I can't find the posts:

• Grand Theft  Auto- I find the games quite boring and contrived, actually.
  • Elder Scrolls- The games are riddled with difficulty issues, not to mention an utterly insane amount of bugs and the combat system straight-up stinks.
  • Zombies in Call of Duty- I find it boring and asinine, not to mention horrendously designed. I can't stand it.
  • Sports in General- Maybe it's me not understanding the appeal of them, but I just can't get behind them.
  • Super Mario Bros. 3- I don't even know how this game is so loved. I don't understand. It's a poorly designed, mediocre platformer with little going for it.
  • Marvel heroes in general- So generic, unrealistic, and brainless that it makes me find it tasteless. 
  • Disney- They make mediocre films, and buy up everyone else. Then they try to control the production of their films, and it shows.
  • The N64 as a console- The controller was poorly designed, the console itself was no move forward from the SNES... It has a decent library, but it's a bit overrated to me.
  • Ships- I just find them disgusting more than anything else. The more forced it seems, the worse that feeling is.
  • Today's Primetime TV- ... Oh my word. The drama in these shows is so over-the-top, that I just end up
  • Sitcoms- They're usually funny at first, but when I rewatch the episodes, I realize that it was never actually funny, and was just stupid instead.
  • Goldeneye 007 (N64 Game)- I have NO idea why people like it. They say every reason Ii hate the game, and then say they love it, because... reasons?
Edited by A Cynical Millenial

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

let's see.. Football(socker? w/e), alcohol, parties/crowded places, coffee that's what i could think of on the top of my head, i don't do the people thing so i'm not really sure of what they like

I really don't like social media, though not to the point where I completely despise them. I'm not particularly an individual who likes to share every aspect of their life. I do have a few accounts, though I barely use them to the point where I question why I even created them in the first place.

• Brohoof 1

On 10/20/2018 at 8:36 PM, Phosphor said:

Mayonnaise. I despise the taste of it. Nearly everyone I know loves it.

You! I like you! 

Mayo is an abomination from the 7th circle of Walmart 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I already posted here, though I think this thread needs some more sodium chloride :P

• Elder Scrolls. I stand by my old opinion that they are pretty lousy games that have issues with difficulty and with their clunky combat systems. Also, they're insanely buggy. But hey, it's a Bethesda game. Almost none of them are any good (I can count the number of good games they've made on one hand, and almost all of them are riddled with bugs.
  • Goldeneye 007. Still stand by that as well, it's actually a really bad game plagued with LOADS of issues (difficulty, bad mechanical design, ODDJOB) that make it unenjoyable. :dry: I hear these issues pointed out and then totally ignored all of the time. 
  • Super Mario Bros. 3. I still think it's the single most overrated Mario game of all time, with poor design choices across the board.
  • Marvel movies. Pretty much all of them are generic and lifeless with a formula that's never succeeded in catching my interest. Unpopular opinion: Even DCU films are better. They've got the Dark Knight Trilogy and that by itself is enough to say that they make better films. I mean the Iron Man films were decent and Deadpool's pretty good, but other than that... Nothing.
  • Sports. I find them to be not very appealing for some reason. :unamused: Maybe it's the yelling? Maybe it's how stupid it seems? Maybe it's just my apathy?
  • Alcohol. All I have to say is YUCK. :eww: That isn't even to mention the bad effects alcoholic drinks have on the mind.
  • Sweet Potatoes. They aren't potatoes and they aren't sweet. They look like some sort of alien food. :eww:
  • Coffee. I could probably handle a mocha or a latte, but black coffee is so strong and I can't handle it and it totally f***s with me anyways.
Edited by ~Angel Dust~

• 2 weeks later...

Hard alcohol/liquor would be my pick. I enjoy most beers and wine. But I absolutely cannot stand drinks like whiskey and vodka. I think they taste absolutely disgusting. :eww: I just don’t understand the appeal of them at all. 

• Brohoof 1

On 7/3/2019 at 10:26 AM, Rainbow Cloud said:

Social Media, I can't stand Facebook, Twitter and the rest of them, not on them myself but am fed up about people going on about them all the time and all the trouble they cause.

On 6/24/2019 at 7:35 AM, Cash In said:

I really don't like social media, though not to the point where I completely despise them. I'm not particularly an individual who likes to share every aspect of their life. I do have a few accounts, though I barely use them to the point where I question why I even created them in the first place.

Legit, social media is pointless to me as well :dry:. Mom made me create a Facebook account, which became inactive until I discovered Avengers Alliance..... which became inactive once that game closed it’s servers :D. I also got Twitter, but only to write a handful of tweets towards pony staff (I got likes from Nicole Dubuc, Vincent Tong, and reRebecca Shoichet :yay:)

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, Splashee® said:

I am going to be a troll here and say Animal Crossing New Horizons.

*Runs*

You better run!

I’d say that I personally think Among Us is stupid, cause it’s not super special and interesting to me like it is for everyone else. Besides, even if I wanted to play it, I wouldn’t have enough people to play with.

I don't like social media. I have a profile on Facebook and Instagram but I'm hardly on them. News media too is nothing but complete and total biased political garbage.

Hmm...I also dislike artificial grape and watermelon flavored anything. :mlp_gag: