Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who's um . . . unsure of their sexuality?

Moniker

I guess you could say I'm a little confused... since around the beginning of this year, I pretty much labelled myself bisexual, but after figuring out I'm gender fluid later on, 'bisexual' doesn't sound entirely appropriate for me anymore. It feels more like I have two sexualities? =/ When I feel like a guy, I'm straight, but when I feel like a girl, I... guess I'm a straight girl? x3 Or maybe bi :confused: It doesn't really matter much, since there's no way someone can make me feel feminine for long enough aside from online anyway, but it doesn't stop me from wondering 'what if?' :catface:

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I mean people have asked me if I'm asexual, told me they have though I was in the past, and I'm somewhat sure I probably maybe somewhat am but I don't really want to say for certain because there's a range of being asexual and I'm just not 100% sure since even though my attraction to people in specific ways is rare it's still possible soooooo I'm kind of sure-ish but at the same time I'm sorta not.

Normally if I have a need to explain to someone I just try to describe it rather than using specific terms anyway, since a lot of people don't know what many of them mean. It's kind of easier that way..

• 1 month later...

I never put in a lot of thought into sexuality. So I'm not really sure, what to label myself. I would prefer to just remain a blank slate for now. I have better things to think about, like Ice Cream, and Thermodynamics. :)

• Brohoof 1

I don't know much about these things but all I can suggest is just to do what feels natural. You shouldn't feel obligated to label yourself as straight, bi, gay or whatever. Whatever you feel is right is totally fine :)

The first response is pretty much exactly what I was thinking.

We as human beings have been mislead into categorizing everything into strict labels that enforce a consistency humans aren't made to maintain. The problem is that you're wondering "what your sexuality is". That implies you have to fit yourself into a consistent set of rules to match a pre-made sexuality. I'm not explaining this very well.

To illustrate the problem, I'll dramatically simplify my interests and say that I'm interested in:

• Females of various races
  • Males of various races but never human

See, I as yet have never been attracted to a human male, but I like male furries and ponies. Even then, I don't like all females or all male furries and ponies either, because it depends on the individual, so depending on the circumstance, I would seemingly change whether I was a bisexual or not, potentially confusing everyone else and myself.

To be ___sexual implies that you are attracted consistently to everyone and everything of a given gender, and let's be honest: nobody is like that.

And that is why I don't bother with such labels, and neither should you. Too many stupid names to argue over what they mean and who's what.

Never tell people what you are. Tell them who you are. Tell them what you do and what you like. It's much more honest and you won't encourage people to associate stereotypes with you based on the labels you would have been using.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not really attracted to sexes universally, I'm attracted to personalities. But I haven't found a personality that meets my standards yet, so I'm not sure, am I asexual or bi, or maybe I'm just straight?

• 1 year later...

S-so, uhm.....

Thing is...I've never really been in a relationship of any sort. I sure as bloody well have thought of it though, of course. Yeah, sure, the "just do what makes you happy" sentiment is noble & right in many ways but...well, how do you know how to pursue what makes you happy if you don't have some definition for it first? I'm not really familiar with the loads of terminology for it, as there seems to be a ton of gray area for this sort of topic but.....

Well...think that...It doesn't really matter to me much WHAT you are, so long as you take the time to care for me. Maybe if & hopefully, when I do eventually get in a relationship with whatever, it'll be settled then with enough familiarity, but I still want to know s-so I know what to...what to do to be happy. But...but I have been told that spending too much time expecting someone to make you happy is a surefire way to botch things that....I-I-I don't know wh-what I'm typing anymore. S-sorry.

Y-you'd think all this would have been settled back when I was still a teenager. I'm an adult now and I st-still don't know h-how to...uh, please ignore me.....

I honestly don't think that it's too important if there's a name for whatever-the-fuck I am, but either way, I think I've got it figured out. Maybe someday I'll read an exhaustive list of sexualities and see which one fits me best.

I am officially bisexual, but that's only because whatever I do or don't do is "ok", or at least it doesn't raise questions. I wouldn't put much thought into it, just allow yourself to explore how you feel and what you want without having to put a label on it.

• Brohoof 1

I'm mostly attracted to men but there are some women I'm attractive to (Selena Gomez is a Goddess) I used to call myself bi but I don't so much anymore. I couldn't see myself in a serious relationship with a woman but I'll never say never.

Meh. I'm not that concerned with labelling myself anymore. I'm just going with the flow. 

You do you. If you find yourself a guy you like, awesome. If you find yourself a girl you like, awesome. 

There are some assholes out there who think same-sex couples are gross but most people don't really care anymore. 

I crazy agree with the first comment! Don't let other people pressure you into labeling yourself if you don't want to or if you're unsure- if you label yourself it should be for you, not anyone else!

On that note, I'm straight. And in a serious relationship.

But...

I don't necessarily belive that "all women are gay", but honestly, women are more visually attractive. Like, sexually. Just saying.

And I have a weird attraction to cute lesbians. Or just girls who rock short hair. But it's not nessisarily a sexual attraction... Or a romantic one...

Who knows? Who cares? I really don't.

Edited by KatieBelle

Eh, if given the choice between an ugly, hateful, contemptuous old woman and a random guy, I'd probably pick the random guy. Despite being heterosexual. Because that doesn't mean I'll love all women, nor does it mean my brain won't get confused by some men. Then some guys would find men are generally more attractive than women, and others wouldn't know what to answer...

And they would all be right. There is but a single right answer for you, and that is your own answer. Any other answer is wrong for you, and yours is likely to be wrong for others. So don't sweat it. If one day you're attracted to the same gender, so be it. If the day after you're not anymore, so be it. Love can be fickle. Just be honest with yourself, do not be at odds with yourself.

I'm a heterosexual despite not having ever been in a relationship with a female. I've been aware of and accepted my sexuality a long time ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't rush to slap a label on it, whatever you feel is allowed to change and you'll understand more about yourself in your own time. Remember, not everything is black or white, you can fall anywhere on a spectrum. Labels and terms are there to describe you, not for you to try to fit into them.

I've known I liked girls since I was a kid. I think I first told someone in 7th grade. Right now I'm long distance dating a guy and I feel weird about that. I've been with guys but to be honest, wasn't really attracted to them romantically, but did enjoy being with them physically on some level because I cared about making them happy.

But overall I don't use the term lesbian very often unless someone is directly asking. I prefer to talk about feelings and experiences casually. It feels awkward to stop and explain to someone that I'm lesbian as if it's weird or something, because to me it's not. I just don't even go there usually.

Edited by LazyDash