Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

In a survival situation would you eat human flesh?

Member Berry

I wouldn't be a survivor if I was stuck in one of those situations. Im pretty darn certain I'd sooner succumb to my fate than consume another person to continue living.

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 2

Being a vegetarian, it's a joke between my boyfriend and I that in a survival situation, I'd be eaten first since I'm "organic, grass fed, meat", so I don't think I'd live long enough to eat anyone else XD 

Also, I'm fairly good at foraging. So I would try not to eat human flesh for as long as possible. 

• Brohoof 9

Nope, because there's bacteria in human meat that messes with your brain and drives you insane

Thats not entirely true. There are certain parts you shouldn't really eat though. (the brain itself being one of them).

I'd consider it but I'd have to be damn near starving before I would. The human body can survive for 2 months with no food at all so unless I'm stranded somewhere that long, I doubt it would come to that.

• Brohoof 2

Yes. I don't have to struggle with guilt because I honestly don't think eating human flesh is immoral in itself (obviously if you're murdering someone to get it that's not okay).  I think it wouldn't be so bad if it was cooked. I don't care if someone eats me if I'm dead.

Honestly, if I weren't starving and was offered human flesh I would probably do it.  As long as it was the wish of the deceased or something.  Actually, even if I was in a situation where my host was serving unwilling human I'd do it because that's not a host to offend if you want to live.

• Brohoof 2

Oh hey I made a thread like this back in Summer of 2014, brings back a lot of memories. My opinion has kinda changed over the course of a year and a half. I would still eat it, but only if my other option was starve, and I would try to cook it. From what I hear cooked human flesh tastes better than any other cooked meat.

Being a vegetarian, it's a joke between my boyfriend and I that in a survival situation, I'd be eaten first since I'm "organic, grass fed, meat", so I don't think I'd live long enough to eat anyone else XD 

Also, I'm fairly good at foraging. So I would try not to eat human flesh for as long as possible. 

I'm a vegetarian too, but I'd totally eat human flesh if my life depended on it.

Never. I only eat free range meat.

I wouldn't touch a found corpse, you never know where it's been, how it got there (died), or how long it's been there, but if food was low and one particular person was particularly detrimental to the entire group (or just annoyed me), then survival trumps taboo.

• Brohoof 1

I don’t know. I can't see myself eating a human body that has recently died. I have a feeling that it would taste really bad. If I could cook it, then...probably? I think i'd throw up and feel eternal guilt either way.

On 12/13/2015 at 6:56 PM, Venomous said:

I don’t know. I can't see myself eating a human body that has recently died. I have a feeling that it would taste really bad. If I could cook it, then...probably? I think i'd throw up and feel eternal guilt either way.

Yeah, I wasn't imagining we'd have to eat it raw. Could be okay if cooked, though. You know some cannibals say it tastes kinda like pork? ("Long pig")

• Brohoof 2