Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

did you ever in you life imagine that you will like a show like mlp?

OG CHUCK

did you ever in you life imagine that you will like a show for girl like mlp and end up in the bronie fandom?

For me I never not even in my childhood I ever dream I a end up whatching mlp and becoming a fan. 

sometime when I watch the show I feel strange like weird I even fight within my self  part of me like the show

part of me think that I am male think I should not watch this show that is for girl. is like fighting the rule of society

that man should behave like that.

I'm certainly not surprised at myself.

I've always been interested in a wide variety of TV shows and franchises.

• Brohoof 1

Since i like cute Animals and cute Stuff in General, i liked Media for Girls already as a Kid.

I liked the Purple Dragon in a Barbie Movie for example.

I even created Accounts on more Girly Forums, because there you could use an cute Icon as your Avatar.

I never really liked Boy Stuff  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

I watch cartoons all the time. Its honestly not that big a leap to be honest. And even if the brony fandom wasn't a thing, i'm sure plenlty of adults would be watching the show with their kids anyway. :P

Nope. Most of my life, I aspired to be as macho as possible. I wasn't at all, of course. I dropped the act last year, and I'm finding that I enjoy many things that I otherwise would have ignored.

It doesn't help that I live in a state that thrives on masculinity, but hey, at least I'm going home soon.

• Brohoof 1

Well not like the thought really came to mind, however I've always been an outcast. So really it didn't surprise me as I simply like what I like. Surely I wouldn't have thought it could play a big part in my life. Though for me to like something people consider unusual is far from making me feel surprised.

I used to actually dislike shows with big Fandoms or Fandoms that are related to shows due to an... awkward encounter with some furries. Made me hate Fandoms and shows like this too, as it was hugely associated with a Fandom. Then I watched it. A year and a half later, here I am.

If this was many years ago, I would say no. Mainly because when I was younger, I always was told that girls should watch girl shows and vice versa and all of that nonsense. It was mostly just from everything I saw on TV, so at that time, I never would have pictured it. Later on though, I started to explore my own personality more and I could actually see where this kind of show would come into my life eventually. I never outright admitted it before so I guess the answer would still no, but a year before I officially watched the show, I had a deep curiosity for it. That was an interesting year for sure. 

This is interesting because for me I've always been something of an eccentric and a rebel when it comes to social norms and so on. So while I never expected to get into MLP specifically, the fact that I did doesn't surprise me that much. Once I realised how much I enjoyed the show I quickly stopped feeling awkward about watching it because the idea that "it has ponies in it therefore only girls should watch it" just sounds really shallow and stupid when you spell it out like that. Ultimately all I care about is how much I enjoy it.

If I didn't watch the show premiere at the time while babysitting my cousin(who was 7 at the time) I think I would be completely different in a bad sort of way. It was a little weird at the time and I still feel weird buying merchandise in stores but I think I turned out better with it.

Nope. Most of my life, I aspired to be as macho as possible. I wasn't at all, of course. I dropped the act last year, and I'm finding that I enjoy many things that I otherwise would have ignored.

It doesn't help that I live in a state that thrives on masculinity, but hey, at least I'm going home soon.

HAHAHAAA, yeah, macho kid all the way. Ironically, I've started to drop that mentality during puberty XD.

And well no, there's no way in hell I've imagined myself watching colorful horses back then due to my previous macho kid mentality. As an adult, I didn't imagined me engrossed to this show either, but not because of my previous macho mindset (In fact, I liked cute things a while back), but it's because I hardly watch TV now 

• Brohoof 1

No, not at all. Because...

A: I rarely ever watch cartoons.

B: Media aimed at girls has never appealed to me.

C: I've never liked cutesy things with huge eyes.

D: Cartoons based on toy or video game franchises almost always suck.

Based on the above, MLP shouldn't appeal to me in the slightest, yet somehow, it has become one of my favorite things. I guess that goes to show that you should give something a chance even if you're sure you won't like it.

Edited by Detritus

I never thought I would enjoy watching this show. In fact when one of my friends recommended it to me, it took me about a year to finally get around to watching it.

I didn't immediately become a fan of the show, at first I merely watched it because I enjoyed the animation (as I am a fan of animation in general), but the more episodes I watched the more I became interested in it.

Funnily enough, I'm currently a bigger fan of the series than the friend who recommended it to me is. He still jokes about it to this day, and whenever he recommends an anime/cartoon series to me he always brings MLP up as an example for why I should trust him.

did you ever in you life imagine that you will like a show for girl like mlp and end up in the bronie fandom?

For me I never not even in my childhood I ever dream I a end up whatching mlp and becoming a fan. 

sometime when I watch the show I feel strange like weird I even fight within my self  part of me like the show

part of me think that I am male think I should not watch this show that is for girl. is like fighting the rule of society

that man should behave like that.

Hi, as this discussion is more about the show than the general fandom, it has been moved to show discussion.

Considering the fact that I'm female, I always thought liking ponies was normal for someone like me.

But when I was little, I hated girly things. Instead of playing with dolls and ponies, I played with trucks and planes and stuff like that. Now I like girly things, and I think that confused my family and friends a bit.

Heck no, I had never imagined it. I always thought MLP was a little girl's show. It wasn't until I had no distractions, was on the couch, too lazy to leave it, and my cousins turned it on, and it somehow just felt really good to watch. I sometimes do think ''What if I watched the rest of the Hub? Care Bears, LPS, Pound Puppies? That would be interesting''.

I didn't, really. As a kid (today as well, actually), I legitimately disliked the G1 movie involving the Smooze despite secretly liking other shows I considered 'girly' like Powerpuff Girls. That movie, and later G3 got the thought into my head that MLP could never be anything but utter rubbish...until TV Tropes listed FiM in its Crowning Moment of Awesome list. That's when curiosity beat disdain, and the rest is history.

After seeing the show it doesn't surprise me at all that I'm a fan. What did surprise me about the show is how gender neutral it actually is. It does have its moments, but the girliest thing about the show is the intro, which is where most people probably get their initial opinions of the show and what it may or may not be about.

* I just sent my sister a text to confirm *

Me: "In your opinion what is the girliest thing about My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic?"

My sister: "The opening song."

Another thing that surprised me is that it isn't really age specific. Sure, it was originally intended for a younger audience, but it isn't like they're singing the ABC's or anything. I feel that this is a great show that is suitable for everyone.

I'm 32 and my sister is 44... We both love the show.

We shouldn't put an age limit on fun and happiness.

I don't feel weird or awkward watching MLP:FiM and there aren't any moments that make me question whether or not I should be watching it. I also don't feel like I have to come up with alternative reasons why I watch the show because I'm not insecure. Some will say they watch the show for the animation or voice acting, but I watch it because I like it and it makes me happy. I'm a very forward person so as soon as I started watching the show everyone knew.