Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What are You Afraid of?

Dark Bun

Let's see, I have a phobia towards many different bugs, which i guess is pretty standard

The concepts of pregnancy and motherhood frighten me to the point where they likely constitute a phobia

Being yelled at terrifies me to no end

And then there's a whole suite of fears surrounding my biological family that would take too long to get into right now

Fun times, fuuuun times. At least we all have our fears though, I think there's something kind of comforting in that.

-Public Speaking

-Elevators

-Clowns

-Mimes

-Heights on angles

-Deep oceans (as in, I cannot see the seafloor or land from the surface)(I love the ocean though)

-I have trypophobia (google it, but I won't)

-etc

• Death

• Failing to finish my goals and projects

• Adult life and responsibilities

• Not having enough time to do things

• Offending God and getting punished, hence my OCD-like problems

• Spots and clusters (Trypophobia - they look like diseases)

• Scratching and rubbing against certain surfaces, such as leather

• Internet trolls and bullies, to be honest (and then I am a big coward)

I'm pretty scared of heights. (perhaps that's not the best way to word it)  I'm not so much afraid of heights as I am with FALLS.

I would also say I'm scared of spiders,  but not so much these days.  They DO scare me if they're big enough, but you know what really instills terror in me?

THESE THINGS!!!!

sig-4442298.housecentipede2.jpg

fucking house centipedes

we had those and silverfish crawling all over our bathroom at our old house and i'd go weeks without showering just to avoid them

• Brohoof 1

• My house burning down

Things happening to people's eyes.  Stabbed in the eye, eyes popping out, that kind of thing

Contracting scabies (little bugs that crawl under your skin and reproduce and leave a happy little trail of scabies poop under your skin)

Some other things that are private 

(edited)

The dark. I hate not being able to see anything in front of me.

My family dying. Yeah, this is my worst nightmare.

Car crashes.

Sleep paralysis. 

Not doing anything productive in my life.

Being completely and utterly alone.

Eating something that makes me ill and/or die.

My house getting broken into.

Someone stealing my identity. 

Bugs is the big one. The suckers terrify me and I can't stand the sight of them, ESPECIALLY moths. 

Among other things. I'm an awfully paranoid and anxious person so I have some sort of fear every day, to be honest.

Edited by twilythebookworm

Losing my best friend, he is pretty much the only person outside of my family that I talk to, if we stopped being friends I don't think I'd even bother with life.

Operations and injection needles, which extends into a general hatred of hospitals. The earliest memory I have is coming out of the operating theatre when I was two and being surrounded by strangers wearing face masks (the doctors and nurses) and having no idea what was going on. It was terrifying, but I didn't make a sound because I was too scared. One gave me a yellow smiley face sticker though for "being brave". Skip forward to when I was six. I was having my vaccinations done, and after coming out of the doctors room I really didn't feel well. Next thing I know I was in the bathroom throwing up everywhere and that has just scarred me for life. I'll still have injections and operations but I insist that I'm lying down and that someone distracts me because otherwise I pass out.

I also hate dangling above big drops. I'm okay with heights and planes, but dangling from a rope or cable is too much, but I'm not fearful of it.

Mine seem rather cookie cutter, but eh.

• Wild bodies of water over 12 feet deep (my fear of deeper water sort of parallels my ocassional fear of heights. Looking down at depth is extremely disturbing to me with water)
  • Most but not all crawly insects, arachnids, and the like
  • Heights (depends- I'll feel fine on the roof of a tall building but not fine standing on the edge of a mountainous cliff- how stable and safe I am in my current high location)
  • Deep phobia of centi/millipedes
  • Getting some life threatening or permanently crippling illness/disorder/condition
  • In some cases, microwaves and stoves/ovens
  • Not achieving my main goals in life
  • Losing those closest to me in any way shape or form
  • Disappointing or angering others I love or that respect me a lot

(edited)

Snakes *shudders*

When I was about 4/5 years old a snake got into my grandma's house, it was just vile.

It's to the point whereby I can't even look at pictures of them, it just repulses me.

Oh and failing my exams.

Edited by darkshy

I REALLY am not fond of my parents. I can get paranoid at times they'll walk in, and a lot of the time I'm doing something embarrassing, like watching MLP. My parents getting mad at me are one of my greatest fears of all time, because every time they ground me from what means the most to me in my life and I REALLY want to be alone from everyone because my actions are only OK when done alone and in secret.

Having grown-up with a rather... shaky childhood, to say the least, I can confidently and honestly say I have no fear of death, and most other common phobias are simply not an issue for me.

I do, however, have a phobia of being in open spaces in total darkness. I have excellent night vision and hearing, and I can "sense" when I am in a moderate-sized room, but if it is cloudy overhead, at night, and I am outside, I suppose my mind wanders and I soon after get a sense of dread. This may be tied to memories of my violent past and all or most having happened at night or in low-light conditions. Perhaps my mind has given me adequate reason to fear the dark. Although... For some reason, donning black clothing seems to put me at ease in those times. Maybe because I believe I am camouflaged?

Edited by Starfall_Quillwaver

You're some sort of bloody fool if you don't fear death.

Or you have faced death several times and not died.

Edited by Starfall_Quillwaver