Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Midnight snacking- Do you do it?

ManaMinori

Does anyone get the munchies at midnight?

Myself, I rarely raid the fridge after my teeth are all brushed and flossed for the night, because I'm going to be too lazy to go through the whole process again, before normal morning hours. I'll break, and eat something in the middle of the night if I'm required to- say, in the instance where allergies are killing me, and I can't take the pill on an empty stomach.

What about you guys?

• Brohoof 1

As tempting as it is to eat something late at night, I often don't try to but eventually give in if I'm actually starving.

It's best to add some food into your body than not at all.

I used to do it alot, but stopped after seeing the adverse health effects related with it. A couple include difficulty sleeping (if the foods contain sugars which most do), increased weight gain due to having little metabolism while you sleep so the body stores the food as fat. To me personally it isn't worth it, unless you have missed your dinner or something. 

• Brohoof 1

Depends. Normally, I try to avoid it, but some nights I stay up really late studying and get a bit hungry. Other times, I do some sort of physical activity before hand and get hungry quicker.

I have no concept of time. I sleep when I'm tired, and I eat/drink when I'm hungry/thirsty. I generally lightly snack on a constant basis, so whether it's the middle of the day or the middle of the night, it makes no difference to me.

A lot of times I stay to around midnight gaming (thanks to long work hours in the day), so I get a little munchie around that time, but it's usually something small like some chips and just few of them.

I usually get nightmares when I eat late at night, so no thanks.

Eating food before you go to bed is pretty unhealthy and I try to avoid it. But if I get home late and need to eat, I don't really have another choice.

Midnight snacking is a bad habit of mine. But it'd be more accurate to call it "midnight meals," because I don't go half way ^_^ I've made pancakes at midnight, biscuits, egg sandwiches with ice tea -- yes, egg sandwiches with ice tea, lol. I have another bad habit of not eating much during the day sometimes, which means I get hungry at awkward times. Hence, midnight meals. xD Funny thing is I'm actually quite thin and could stand to gain a few pounds x3

• Brohoof 2

I'm pretty guilty of having midnight snacks myself. While I am aware of the side effects of eating before bedtime, I still bring something with me to eat because I don't eat a lot of stuff and I stay up pretty late. That being said, I do make sure to not gain too much weight and save snacks for tomorrow.

Edited by Odyssey
  • Brohoof 1

* i definitely do, sometimes even at 2 or 3 in the morning. it's even worse just before my time of the month, because i will just raid the fridge. it's honestly not uncommon for me at moments like that to just eat slices of meat straight out of their packets, spoonfuls of nutella, pour honey or syrup directly into my mouth, etc.

Well, since my schedule for sleep is messed up I'm usually awake at night and sleep in the morning. So I get hungry when I wake up at night. So if it counts for me yes :3.

Well... that depends. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night like, if my dog wants out or if I just can't sleep I sneak into the kitchen and I'll cook a turkey burger or something. So yeah, sometimes.

Only if I'm very hungry because I've had a small dinner or had to rush it or got interrupted or something. I used to do it a lot, but I dropped it a while back because I put on a lot of weight. Lost it all again though, which is good :D

I can't say that I have.

I generally keep track of time very well and make sure to not stay up until or past midnight.

So by the time I am asleep, I don't wake up until the morning.

Does anyone get the munchies at midnight?

Myself, I rarely raid the fridge after my teeth are all brushed and flossed for the night, because I'm going to be too lazy to go through the whole process again, before normal morning hours. I'll break, and eat something in the middle of the night if I'm required to- say, in the instance where allergies are killing me, and I can't take the pill on an empty stomach.

What about you guys?

Midnight is my dinner time, so yeah

I get up at like 2 PM and have breakfast, lunch around 7-8PM then midnight is dinner