Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What is your sexuality ?

DashingRainbow36

Not really sure anymore, to be completely honest. I've recently started to realize that I might be bisexual, but I'm also not sure how much it matters. I've only ever had what I'd call romantic feelings for one person and I'm not in the right state to be looking for a relationship right now. Still, it's been pretty interesting thinking about all of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP-jJTqbwXI

no actually I didn't but I think I remember asking you about it a long time ago

but true, it doesn't really matter. you go like "oh, cool I like guys too" and then you go like "ah cool more possibilities" and then you go back to "who cares". Well that's pretty much what happened for me :P

• Brohoof 3

I don't really worry about this as much as I used to. I have yet to experience some form of sexual attraction to people so far but I'm not gonna jump the gun and label myself asexual. I'm not gonna rule out experiencing some form of sexual attraction, which is why I dislike labels. To me, it's like making a lifetime decision and I don't like that because I'm sort of a "what if" person. I'm also a strong believer in the saying "sexuality is fluid".

Yep. It's still confusing for me to figure it out. It's not really important to me. Edited by CC_Maud_Pie

Yep. It's still confusing for me to figure it out. It's not really important to me.

For a while I was really confused. I'd even say I was confused since I was a kid.. 

It takes time, some know very early on. Some it's just very confusing. You'll figure it out soon, or just don't worry about labeling yourself. There's no reason to really.

• Brohoof 1

Not really sure anymore, to be completely honest. I've recently started to realize that I might be bisexual, but I'm also not sure how much it matters. I've only ever had what I'd call romantic feelings for one person and I'm not in the right state to be looking for a relationship right now. Still, it's been pretty interesting thinking about all of this.

Take your time thinking about this sorta thing. I know for me it took me a while to fully realise what I was, and whilst it may not matter much in the sense that you aren't ready for a relationship right now, it does matter to helping you fully understand yourself. If you ever need an ear, just poke me man. :)

• Brohoof 1

Pretty sure I'm straight.

However, I don't think there's anything wrong with being asexual, bisexual, pansexual, or homosexual. My neighbours are lesbians and they are some of the nicest people I've ever had the good fortune to meet.

;)

• Brohoof 1

I think I've finally figured it out; I'm homosexual, biromantic. Which basically just means I only find females physically attractive, but I can be emotionally attracted to either gender. (Though I do slightly prefer guys on the emotional side of things)

I am soo Confused about my sexuality first miniute I'll have sexual feelings towards males ,then the next miniute i like females. and if i like girls im confused on if it's straight or gay becasue I'm biolically female who identfys as male . soo I'm Really confused :/

For awhile I thought I was straight. But ever since the end of high school 3 1/2 years ago and the lack of not bein' around hardly anyone after that, I actually started to feel rather confused. I never had a whole lot of luck with the few girls I have dated. Plus, when you sit around and have alot of free time to think about things, you tend to start to wonder. At this point i'm still kinda confused, but i'd probably have to say i'm bi-curious and leanin' more towards the bisexual side. I figure if i'm not havin' too much luck with girls, maybe I should expand my horizon.  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

updated since my last post :P im gay. did the kinsley test thing, after being confused for a bit (and getting an F) i did it properly and got a 5 XD

Hmmm... I updated mine too here upon realization that I'm certain I'm gay, but... what is this Kinsley test thing you speak of?

Just curious, I guess now I want haz take too. :v

• Brohoof 1

Hmmm... I updated mine too here upon realization that I'm certain I'm gay, but... what is this Kinsley test thing you speak of?

Oh, some people on like page 97 were posting their results. its like supopsed to tell you how gay you are or something xD

• Brohoof 2

I saw in one of your later posts that you took it, but for those not in the know a sexologist (Last name Kinsey because everyone names things after themselves.) created a scale to place your sexuality on, in an attempt to broaden the grey area between heterosexuality and homosexuality. It's a scale of 0-6, with 0 being completely heterosexual and 6 being completely homosexual. I get a 3, because I am a pansexual.

Edited by Brosparkles
  • Brohoof 1

I feel like I dont like classifying myself as a category. I'm not attracted to men, and I'm attracted to women.. but at the same time, I also love femininity. I still like seing myself as a protector of my delicate flower, but theres something about feminine elegance that I find soothing (think old-time dresses like the ones women are seen wearing in middle-age themed shows like Lord of the Rings). Like, know how Elrond in LoTR (the elf dad guy of Eowynn) is kinda.... graceful in his wide-sleeved robe? Yeah.

If my spouse wanted me to go shopping for clothes with her, I'd be down with that. If she wanted me to wear a pink suit, I'd be down with that. If she wanted me to go watch some chick flick, sure why not. On the other hand, I love things like mechanics and metallurgy, forging/smelting, swordplay and archery, and other stereotypical masculine things.

So maybe what I'm getting at is that although I find women attractive more than men, I find feminineness attractive too. I feel like people place too much emphasis on being straight, manly ,womanly, or gay. Like, just be yourself you know?

On a side note, I was also raised in a "proper religious" household. The kind where you're taught that a man should be chivalrous, caring, gentle and loving, the head of a household and a protector. And that a woman should be respectful, helpful, kind, caring and willing to go with what the husband deems is the best choice of action. Now I know that sounds like "OMG A WOMAN NEEDS TO BE SUBMISSIVE" but it's not LIKE that. I was taught that a woman should submit to the husbands decision, but that a man should also listen to his wife's desires and opinions, and to follow her advice when possible. So that way a guy has the choice to make the woman feel needed and loved. Its like, He has the final say but he uses that final say to choose to follow her advice, so it works out (in a perfect world) to make both people really really happy.

That being said, my upbringing really taught me bout how I should feel in terms of sexuality. But when we're talking "sex", "sex" is a part of a much bigger picture. Orientation I think has more to do with how you want to have a family, because family life and marriage is bout the union of two good friends, with sex as bonus, ya know? I'm not gonna judge anyone for having a different opinion, because "biology".

Just felt like sharing, seeing as the OP asked :P

TL;DR: I'm straight but I also dont like thinking of myself as being forced into a gender stereotype

• Brohoof 1