Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you think of HUGS?

Randimaxis

(edited)

Like to get hugs but it seem werid these days, like to get hugs from females. I'm 32 and it can be werid for me to give us, it be good if I get hugs from female.

Wanted to add being 32 and wanted a hug will be called weird or creepy, mostly wanted to get hugs mostly female. It just some people will find it weird/creepy.

Edited by Adam Burt

I never had any troubles hugging someone. Hugs are, to put it in words, a way to show affection to someone by being physically closer to them and sharing body heat. It's a comforting and stress relieving gesture, I don't think there's anything wrong with hugging your friends, though the type of hugs hinges on the type of friend you're hugging. For instance, i have friends who prefer a brisk, short hug, and some who prefer to linger for at least a second and have full body cover. I don't mind hugging or being hugged in either way, but i try to be mindful for people who prefer theirs in a certain way.

• Brohoof 1

Hugs are a massive part of the culture where I live. Family, friends, strangers who you've only just met (in extenuating circumstances), pretty much everyone hugs everyone else at some point or another. I love it. There is literally nothing like a hug to get you going on a down day. :love:

• Brohoof 1

It really depends. Sometimes I'm very tactile (as in like to hug others but rarely let them do the same to me) but sometimes I don't want anyone to touch me even with their little finger. Getting hugs from my best friend is the greatest thing though so when we meet I really like hugs!

For me it depends on the person, but for the most part I'm ok with hugs from anyone, but I'm naturally more comfortable hugging friends and family. Now, if I ever got to meet my idol Jimmie Johnson one day I would probably have to hug him, just because. ^_^

They make me feel uncomfortable most of the times, though I don't have a problem with them.

Eh, I only really hug my mom. Mostly because everyone else in my family hates hugs.

And since my current IRL friend roster is extraordinarily empty, I don't have much else to say on the topic. :/

There are a few people on the forum though that I'd like to hug. ;)

I don't consider myself to be extremely physically affectionate. I'm fine hugging my parents and super close friends, but other than that, I don't go out of my way to initiate one. That being said, I still hug the person back to avoid an awkward situation. :P 

• Brohoof 1

Interesting question to say the least. Haven't really put too much thought into hugging. All I know is unless I desperately need a hug, I tend not to hug. I hug my children, but that is different? Other adults. Not so much. As for friends? Not too many ppl I call an actual friend. But for those that I would consider a real friend, a hug goodbye after a day together fine. 

• Brohoof 2

I think hugs in real life are weird if it isn't coming from someone who likes you, my two grandmas who you'd think would be hug approved people but oh no. One is just awkward with touche feel stuff like her son (my dad) the other just hates my guts I believe, I rarely see the other since she lives in another country. But I love hugging my Mom, she has her moments where I hate her so much and for very good reason, but whose that perfect in life, she's perfect enough in my opinion. But outside of that, hugs are stupid and I refuse to hug anyone who isn't my Mum, it's just too weird and awkward. 

As I mentioned in a thread a while back, I really do not like being touched by other people. It's just how I always have been - I feel hugging in general is an awkward feeling most of the time and I used to get hugged by people in the most awkward kind of way.

i'm open to hugs and even kisses from everyone.

but it feels a little awkward to me when it comes to family members... idk, but i feel myself more comfortable share hugs with complete stranger, than my own family.. strange indeed, but i'm sure there is some explanation to this) but i don't really care.

i'm an open person, but the world around me seems doesn't like to open up to me.. at least here i can compensate for what i lack irl. thanks pips /)

Twilight_S2E25_cropped.png

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

If it's among friends and family, then I'm quite huggable. If not, then I'm really not much of a huggable guy (unless you're holding one of those "free hugs" or "hug an <insert profession here> sign" :P )

Edited by Lance Shield

eww physical contact. im not a touchy person at all but will begrudgingly accept hugs out of politeness.

unless if its with my partner. then i loveeee hugs.