Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Words you trivially dislike

Reecejackox

13 minutes ago, Kiryu-Chan said:

If the internet  stopped constantly shouting “CRINGE” like a bunch of idiots I’d be much happier 

Or stopped calling everyone who's even mildly deceptive a "troll".

Edited by VG_Addict

Cringe bugs me. Basically anything that the internet latches onto and overuses as a shorthand for more complex ideas. 

Here's a word that apparently some people hate.

Moist 

Moist Ointment 

• Brohoof 2

"Overrated"

It isn't as much as I dislike the word itself as I dislike how many people uses the word in the wrong context. Nowadays it is very common to see some people reacting to things like "It is overrated" without not only having sat and watched it/played it/read it, but they just assume the quality of something based only on what others say and how popular it is, instead of actually forging their own opinion by experiencing it., and then there are some people that use it to describe something of bad quality.

Oh, and the internet would be a happier place without everyone shouting "cringe" every 5 seconds. It gets old really quick, let's keep it simple.

• Brohoof 2

6 minutes ago, Lightwing said:

and then there are some people that use it to describe something of bad quality.

This. It's funny you mention this because words like overrated and mediocre don't mean bad ... at all. At some point the concepts of average or ordinary must have been changed. 

• Brohoof 2

14 minutes ago, Lightwing said:

"Overrated"

It isn't as much as I dislike the word itself as I dislike how many people uses the word in the wrong context. Nowadays it is very common to see some people reacting to things like "It is overrated" without not only having sat and watched it/played it/read it, but they just assume the quality of something based only on what others say and how popular it is, instead of actually forging their own opinion by experiencing it., and then there are some people that use it to describe something of bad quality.

Oh, and the internet would be a happier place without everyone shouting "cringe" every 5 seconds. It gets old really quick, let's keep it simple.

Overrated is kind of a garbage term regardless of context. It's such a lazy criticism regardless of whether or not you've tried something. You could put some actual thought and detail in to why you don't like something or you could just lazily write it off as "overrated", which is essentially "people need to stop liking things that I don't like"

13 hours ago, BronyNumber42 said:

Millennial 

And another word needed to get to 20 characters.

Good holy and almighty lord above. 

"THOSE DAMN MILLENNIALS HAVE IT WAY TOO EASY BACK IN MY DAY---"

Back in your day women couldn't vote and black people had no rights so you can kindly shut the fuck up, Harold.

Edited by Annie
  • Brohoof 4

16 minutes ago, Jeric said:

This. It's funny you mention this because words like overrated and mediocre don't mean bad ... at all. At some point the concepts of average or ordinary must have been changed. 

That's exactly why it bugs me so much as well. The word itself doesn't have a problem, it's more how twisted it became and started being thrown left and right just as a way to describe how you don't like something that someone else does. One thing I do find overrated for example is Final Fantasy VII, but that doesn't mean I consider it bad, it has lots of good on it, but I just don't seem to connect with it in the same way that others do :P  

14 minutes ago, Annie said:

Overrated is kind of a garbage term regardless of context. It's such a lazy criticism regardless of whether or not you've tried something. You could put some actual thought and detail in to why you don't like something or you could just lazily write it off as "overrated", which is essentially "people need to stop liking things that I don't like

It can be used without it being a garbage term, but nowadays it is more easy to see that word being used as "the argument" rather than "a small part of the argument", which is where my whole problem lays. There are things I legitimately think that get more praise than they deserve, but not because of that they are bad (there are a few i do find good, just not "as" good as some people makes them out to be), it might just be me not seeing what others see. And even then, I have way more to say about them than just "they are overrated"

11 minutes ago, StrawCherry said:

I feel attacked. :twi:

Shh, it's fine *hugs :twi: I acutally don't truly dislike "cringe", it's just that people really likes using it to describe many things that jsut don't fit to its original description. Example, a friend of mine described a romantic scene as "cringe" just because it was a bit on the cheesy side, that's the sort of situation where I have something to say.

• Brohoof 2

24 minutes ago, Annie said:

Good holy and almighty lord above. 

"THOSE DAMN MILLENNIALS HAVE IT WAY TOO EASY BACK IN MY DAY---"

To me, the word, "millennials" simply means people born from 1980 to 2000, as most researchers say And I was born in 1990. I just wish the older generation would stop acting like EVERYONE born during that period are "self-entitled jerks" Only the minority of us are like that.

Edited by WiiGuy2014

Mostly: ''That how it is'' -like girls like guy with this that how it is, meaning it alll girls like that or they want like that?

''Antifa''- Anything than just it's word annoyed me.

''EU''- Dislike hearing it, and anything about it.

''Yao''- Remember someone called me out with that word, so annoying.