Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Are Your Biggest Pet Peeves?

The Recherche

For work, I have a slight annoyance for emails that only begin with “Alex,” in the greeting, rather than “Hi Alex,” “Good morning Alex,” etc. 

Why abandon common courtesy, just because we are talking electronically? Is that the way we greet each other, when we meet in person? Not I, at least...

Note: Alex is not my real name. I’m just giving an example. :P 

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

The term “overrated.” Too many people have used it to criticize fans of a popular movie/show. Instead of just accepting they don’t like something popular, they feel that something must be wrong with those who do. 

A similar issue is when people define what a “true fan” (or anything similar) of a fandom is, and it always involves telling others what they should/n’t like.

• Brohoof 2

People who talk to you despite seeing that you have earphones in. I mean, if I have earphones in, why do you keep talking to me without getting my attention and then act all annoyed when I didn't hear what you were saying? 

• Brohoof 2

• 3 months later...

Lately, people who think that Sabaton's "Last Stand" is about crusades and knights and stuff.

Like, seriously, stop being ignorant and educate yourself! Swiss? 1527? Where's the place for crusades there!?

This has been somewhat bugging me for like a few weeks to see how absolutely blind to history people are.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...

Sweat. I have no quarrels with the concept itself, though I sweat way more than I should. It becomes very irritating, especially when I sweat bucket loads.

Edited by Cash In
  • Brohoof 2

• 5 months later...

I was just reminded of my least favorite thing about winter (besides how cold it can be) – the sound of snow cracking at some temperatures. :sealed: I don't know what it is about it, but it always has that "nails on chalkboard" effect on me. :please:

And speaking of chalkboards, the sound when one uses a dry sponge (I remember a teacher doing that, and the whole class was absolutely horrified)... :mlp_blink:

• Brohoof 4

Whenever people say "begs the question" instead of "raises the question". "Begging the question" is actually a logical fallacy in which a statement presupposes its own conclusion as an argument.

Also, whenever people say "electrocuted" instead of "electrified". "Electrocute" means that you were killed by electricity, where as "electrify" means you were affected by electricity.

• Brohoof 2

Daily pet peeve..

Whenever I’m about to sit down to relax, my mom would asks me to do something and when I’m done and about to sit to relax...well you get the idea. 

• Brohoof 3

Picky eaters. More specifically, unadventurous eaters.

If you’ve actually tried something and genuinely do not like it, that’s perfectly fine. But if you’re a freakin’ adult that never tries anything new, EVER? Ugh, just drives me bonkers.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 3

12 hours ago, ShadOBabe said:

If you’ve actually tried something and genuinely do not like it, that’s perfectly fine. But if you’re a freakin’ adult that never tries anything new, EVER? Ugh, just drives me bonkers.

Ha me too! :yeahno:

• Brohoof 2

12 hours ago, ShadOBabe said:

I fully confess to being a very picky eater... which is odd, considering how adventurous my palette is; the only dishes I am unwilling to try are foods with far too much cheese or raw tomatoes. :pout: There are virtually no foods I am unwilling to sample, from bison burgers to octopus tentacles, truly; it's just a shame that I rarely enjoy many foods.

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, The Recherche said:

I fully confess to being a very picky eater... which is odd, considering how adventurous my palette is; the only dishes I am unwilling to try are foods with far too much cheese or raw tomatoes. :pout: There are virtually no foods I am unwilling to sample, from bison burgers to octopus tentacles, truly; it's just a shame that I rarely enjoy many foods.

Like I said, as long as you TRY, I’m good. :catface:

• Brohoof 1

24 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Like I said, as long as you TRY, I’m good. :catface:

But why, why do the eating habits of others matter so much to you?

I bring this up as this is actually a pet peeve I mentioned in my first post in this topic - People being so obsessed with my eating habits. I've never understood it. People shouldn't care that I eat cereal dry, and they shouldn't care that I eat the same thing for lunch at work every day. Yet everyone commented on both of those numerous times, to the point where it was beyond just friendly conversation to where it was heading toward harassment (I don't think that's the word I'm looking for, but it's the closest thing coming to mind).

• Brohoof 2

A common annoyance that I find myself suffering through is people nitpicking the way one talks. If it can be understood what is meant, why is it such a necessity to correct every insignificant grammatical misadventure? I feel that most who partake in such are merely trying to feel positive reinforcement about themselves.

• Brohoof 3

3 hours ago, Envy said:

But why, why do the eating habits of others matter so much to you?

This is pet peeves. They don’t have to have some deep reason, they just irritate you. I also get really annoyed when people pop their gum, even though in the grand scheme of things, who cares?

I suppose if you twist my arm and make me think of a reason, I could come up with one. The first that pops into my head is that I’m very passionate about how amazing and delicious food can be. There’s so much variety, and it’s all SO GOOD. But then you have a hypothetical acquaintance who just demands to eat nothing but chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes, and soda for ALL ETERNITY. Like a freakin three year old. And I’m just over here like, “OMG YOU’RE MISSING OUT ON SO MUCH!!”

Like let’s get hyperbolic for a second.

You meet someone that has never seen a sunset. And when you try to get them to give it a chance and take them outside to see the pretty sunset, they say no. And when you ask them why, they are just like, “I don’t want to, I only like the colors beige, brown, and gunmetal grey”. Not only does that make no damn sense, but the don’t actually KNOW they don’t like the sunset because they never looked at one!

Also, a lot of these same people are the ones that make a big fuss because I like to eat “unconventional” foods (unconventional for a typical American at least). Like I just ate a live insect in front of them.

“I like anchovies on my pizza!”

“Ewwwww!”

”... You’ve never had anchovy pizza in your life, have you?”

”Well, no...”

”Then shut your bland mouth.”

I hate olives, but I know human tastes evolve, so I keep trying them periodically. I just had some last week. Still hated them. But I’ll probably try them again somewhere down the line.

Perhaps I get it from my mom. Because I totally can eat the same food for a while and not get bored, as long as it’s a food I really like. But my mom? Oh no. She hates, for example, to have the same foods over and over in a short period of time.

So there you go. A reason for why people that shy away from anything that is not a peanut butter sandwich bug me.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 2

I really dislike repeating myself when somebody repeatedly asks me to do something (like try some food I'm 90% sure I won't like or drink alcohol) or repeatedly asking me a question that I do not know that answer to. Basically if you make me repeat myself over a short period of time I'll get extremely annoyed.

I also dislike being interrupted.

Or being told to do something that I am not good at, but is vaguely related to something I am good at, and then expected to be good at it. I can configure your web server to the specifications of your web developers, no problem. If you give me a website design, I could, probably, program it for you if it's simple enough, but with difficulty. But I cannot design your website. "I want a web site that's just like ebay" is not a design and it definitely is not simple, so go find a web developer. 

I am a picky eater and I wont try food that is similar enough to food I tried and hated.

• Brohoof 1

When Raising Cane's puts my extra Cane's sauce on the side in a separate Styrofoam box, when the sauce is already in a sealed plastic cup. Just put it in the main box with my burger and fries, using a separate box is such a waste!

I have legit screamed and swore over this. 

Edited by Emerald<3
  • Brohoof 2

It irritates me when people aren’t specific when they need to be. My mom does this a lot. She’ll ask me to get something of hers like a pair of shoes.

Okay...? You have five pairs. Which pair are you referring to? Where are they? :unamused:

• Brohoof 1

Daily pet peeve..

When someone talks to you when you're trying to type...can't you see I'm a bit occupied:dry:

• Brohoof 2